• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaiking of Ricky P. every body wanted to trade him.
not a bad 5th starter option. Every year double digits wins.
some teams would love to have a 5th starter like him. we can hide him during the play offs..maybe even put him in the bull pen in the post season

Porcello's a cromulent back of the rotation starter. That's about it though. There was a considerable amount of hype around him (some said he'd be the "next Maddux"), and he hasn't come close to living up to that.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. he hasn't. but he takes his turn almost every time. eats innings up.
he does have trouble 2nd and 3rd time around the batting order...

we are talking 5th starter. Leyland just has to be quicker with the hook when he doesn't have itthat night.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. he hasn't. but he takes his turn almost every time. eats innings up.
he does have trouble 2nd and 3rd time around the batting order...

we are talking 5th starter. Leyland just has to be quicker with the hook when he doesn't have itthat night.
Porcello could turn things around though. He's brought the walks down and he has a respectable strikeout rate. He does have a high ground ball percentage too.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout batted .289/.400/.500 in September/October. He had a very good month.

Also, the Angels were 18-9 in September and 1-2 in October. The Tigers were 16-12 in September and 2-1 in October. I don't know where people got the notion that Trout struggled towards the end and the Angels tailed off. They did, however, have a crappy August.

Trout hit .257 in september with only 6 RBI while having his highest K rate for a month, lowest runs and only 3 doubles and a triple with his least amount of steals.

He absolutely tailed off in september. Overall, an AWESOME year. But his September mixed with Miggy taking the triple crown is the reason he went out of the race.

He did not have a very good month. Merely, average if that.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget..Felix on Thursdays..after yhe 2nd inning... he throws the most first pitch strikes till the 5th inning... but don't let Scherzers ERA ,WHIP,and BA get in the way of iffy and mr hockeys thinking. cause mr hockey figures scherzer will get pounded..

how much of that run support does scherzer really need????????????

Are you drunk?? Seriously I'd love to know.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, didn't mean to say good month. Meant he did fine towards the end of the season.

Trout's September wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. But I think it's silly to bring up the whole playoff thing considering the Angels finished with a better record than the Tigers. The Angels played in a very competitive division last year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, didn't mean to say good month. Meant he did fine towards the end of the season.

Trout's September wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. But I think it's silly to bring up the whole playoff thing considering the Angels finished with a better record than the Tigers. The Angels played in a very competitive division last year.

I didn't say anything about team performance. That was a point I brought to people pre september. When Trout joined the Angels a month in they had one of the best records(even september included as well) in baseball. Wasn't his fault they dug a huge whole and played in a tough division.

But then Miggys september, his much more human september, the fact Miggy won a triple crown that nobody wins AND the fact the Kitties made playoffs...it became a clear choice.

All I was saying is that heading into September you couldn't blame anyone for having the opinion of trout. By season end, Miggy was the choice easy.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully..Miggy can rest a few games and come back and play with out pain.

You know he was hurting when he took him self out of the game Monday night.
This could cost hime the triple crown WHO CARES!!!
winning is what he is all about.
how about the play at 2B for the Tigers?
Omar gets injured on a dirty slide in Toronto .goes on the DL. Santiago and this new guy Perez fills in nicely. Perez had a good game tonight

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pppssssttt - dougie. I didn't want to bring this up...but.......................

The Tiger players, ya know? Well, ah, their shit stinks just like the shit from players on other teams. I know, I know....hard to believe. Imagine - Tiger players' crap being the same as crap from players from the Royals!!! Don't tell anybody, ok? Let's keep it to ourselves.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? ididnt want to bring this up..but. Royals haven't sniffed the play offs is decades..lets keep this to our selfs...

iam pretty sure Fielder could clear out a shit house when he sits down...
I heard though. that most D Backs use vagasil...so you never know.
if you go sniffing around a club houe iffy..lets us know

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sssssshhh, doug. We don't want anyone to know that Detroit Tigers aren't better at everything. Afterall, you and I, as Tiger fans, know that all our players are better than everyone else. And that makes us the best fans too, right? god help us if Detroit doesn't win the World Series this year. (Of course you have your "excuses" ready, just in case, right? I'm going with blaming everything on Leyland and Avila if Detroit screws up....how about you?)

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins won three straight series vs. Yankees, Indians, and now Angels. With guys like Chris Hermann, Clete Thomas, and Brenier? It is hard to take us serious with the lineup we put out there.. and then we start winning. If the Twins continue to do this for the rest of west coast trip I may go Quest on you all and predict a playoff run.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Miggy Trout thing. It was a great argument til we got deep into
September. Trout faded a bit and Miggy kept up his torrid pace and ended up with
a triple crown. Heading into september it wasn't bias at all to pick trout. He
changed the game in so many ways. Miggy pulled away late though and won
rightfully.

I think Mitch Williams made a good point on Fox when the Tigers were playing the national game two Saturdays ago ... he said if it was a "Best Player Award", Trout wins. But with that word "Valuable" in there, it had to go to Miguel Cabrera. With or without Trout, the Angels were no better than 3rd in the AL West. But without Cabrera, the Tigers don't win the AL Central and are probably not even a .500 team.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins won three straight series vs. Yankees, Indians, and now Angels. With guys
like Chris Hermann, Clete Thomas, and Brenier? It is hard to take us serious
with the lineup we put out there.. and then we start winning. If the Twins
continue to do this for the rest of west coast trip I may go Quest on you all
and predict a playoff run.

As long as the Twins get it out of their system now, before the Tigers see them on August 20. ;^)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mitch Williams made a good point on Fox when the Tigers were playing the national game two Saturdays ago ... he said if it was a "Best Player Award", Trout wins. But with that word "Valuable" in there, it had to go to Miguel Cabrera. With or without Trout, the Angels were no better than 3rd in the AL West. But without Cabrera, the Tigers don't win the AL Central and are probably not even a .500 team.

I agree with you that best player would have given Trout more merit and obviously I think Miggy rightfully won. But you are incorrect in saying the Angels were no better than 3rd in west with or without Trout. Without Trout they were 3rd at best, with him they had one of the best records in baseball.

Remember, he joined a month late. Angels made their own bed though, that cannot take away from what Miggy did.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are incorrect in saying the Angels were no better than 3rd in west with
or without Trout. Without Trout they were 3rd at best, with him they had one of
the best records in baseball.

??? Regardless of the record, the Angels DID finish 3rd in the AL West, WITH Trout. Not saying it's his fault or that the Angels didn't have a better record than the Tigers. But the voters do tend to look at teams that win something, not just records.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a night of bad news bears baseball. First u had the sox......i think viciendo is still trying to pick up that ball.....then u had the injuns......funny i only caught the 1st inning and the last inning....enough to see kipnis boot a ball with a slow runner running.....then reynolds letting a ball eat him up...gotta attack those or get your body in front of it....no ole-ing.....then i got to see chisenhall just miss a foul pop up....and then almost do it again.....then i tuned in just in time to see the injun player single to get guys on first and 3rd with no outs....and wow...i swear raturd must be rubbing off on the injuns....and why didnt gomes go to 2nd while all the confusion was going on? Very pitiful games by those 2 teams. Tito couldnt have been happy with those results. I kno the tribune today is saying ventura needs to get ahold of his team.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-4 since the all star break injuns.....here it comes......tigers with a HUGE win....no miggy....no infante.....5th starter going......and the sox help us out.....just think....we still got around 14 games with the sox.....hopefully they trade peavy rios and crain.....boy them COULD be some pretty bad sox teams. ......well waiting for wifey so we can head down to the cell. PLAY BALL!!!!!!

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can any of you Indians fans tell me..

WHY THE FUCK MARK REYNOLDS STILL PLAYS 3RD?

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can any of you Indians fans tell me..

WHY THE FUCK MARK REYNOLDS STILL PLAYS 3RD?

Thats a question for Tito, Scalious. Most of us think Mark supplies Tito with his bubble gum in return for ABs :rollseyes: