• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TIGERS WIN. Indians sneak out a win to...

Verlander going tomorrow.
already chalk him up that team stat W. in pen.

iffy.you keep looking for excuses...I keep looking for wins.

speaking of wins. B hoke sure told it like it was. Heard Urban ducked a few question. sounds like that RB down there might not be suspended after all. video at bar showed the HOE was the one that hit him..still.. you wont find a wolverine hanging around a bar late at night like that

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of Reynolds...I love the guy. wish the tribe would play him all year.
of course always the chance the Indians could pick up Inge. they would have to hurry and beat the D Backs in the race to the bottom to grab Inge

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of Reynolds...I love the guy. wish the tribe would play him all year.
of course always the chance the Indians could pick up Inge. they would have to hurry and beat the D Backs in the race to the bottom to grab Inge

You only wish we were racing to the bottom. Gonna be nipping at your heels all the way to the finish pal... Somebodys got to do it. Might as well be us :boink:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers go home after this. face Phillies and the nats. not 2 teams playing there best right now.

foinf to have to gain ground head to head..Tigers opened up a can of whip ass in Chicago..word

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another Q start by a tiger pitcher. sanchez another sharp outing.
maybe sanchez arm is going to be ok. Tiger fans were worried.that little bit of rest was all it took.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug....the Tigers have lost 44 games so far. As great as you say they are, how do you explain all those loses? From what you've told us here - I'm surprised that they've lost any! For example - the last time the White Sox and Tigers met, the Sox took two out of three! How can I reconcile that with all the marvelous exploits you have relayed to us about the Tigers?

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary to think how dougie would manage to amuse himself if he wasnt so busy trying to predict the future :blabla:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug....the Tigers have lost 44 games so far. As great as you say they are, how
do you explain all those loses? From what you've told us here - I'm surprised
that they've lost any! For example - the last time the White Sox and Tigers met,
the Sox took two out of three! How can I reconcile that with all the
marvelous exploits you have relayed to us about the Tigers?

Geez, iffy.... doug is just passionate about his Tigers, and you rip on him for being an over-the-top homer. But you forgive Hawk Harrelson for being the same thing?

Odd how some people don't understand the different passions fans
have and how they are expressed. Hawk is a loyal, die-hard homer for the socks.
He admits it, the TV station knows it, and many White Sox fans love him for it.
In short, it is what he does. Announcers should show passion for their team, but
yes, Hawk goes overboard. However, there is no doubt in my mind, that were I a
White Sox fan, I'd take the Hawk - and it wouldn't be close - over some low key,
white bread, commentator.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh .... sorry. Breaking my own rule of not getting in the middle of someone else's battles. Had a rotten morning.

Move along, nothing to see here .....

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right howie. doug has a right to be a homer. And there is another similarity between the Hawk and doug....both say a lot of stupid things.

We must all remember....as you get older and older and face more and more disappointing events...you tend to get a little negative and cautious about things. Believe it or not - I do recognize that I am a glass half empty person. I know that bothers some....no offense meant. Consider me a guy who likes to try and knock off your 'rose-colored glasses'.

:suds:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say are both are very "passionate" about their home team, which in itself, is not a bad thing. If you take that passion and start stating things that you cannot back up with facts, then yes, you deserve some backlash. To that end, I don't remember doug stating that the Tigers were too good to ever lose a game, nor do I remember him even posting that they are a 100-win team.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TIGERS WIN. Indians sneak out a win to...

Verlander going tomorrow.
already chalk him up that team stat W. in pen.

iffy.you keep looking for excuses...I keep looking for wins.

speaking of wins. B hoke sure told it like it was. Heard Urban ducked a few question. sounds like that RB down there might not be suspended after all. video at bar showed the HOE was the one that hit him..still.. you wont find a wolverine hanging around a bar late at night like that

Yeah u just find wolverines peeking in womens windows while they play wit themselves

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess 44 losses is bad? Theres 3 teams in the AL with 42 losses. They are the only team with less losses then the tigers. Texas, who some people think are so great have more losses then detroit. Plus detroit has an easier 2nd half then 1st half. No west coast trip helps. Closing the season with miami helps. Alot more games with the sox help. But hey, thats just my opinion. Great game last night. Half the crowd was for detroit. Took over the cell!!!!!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tori hunter just goes deeeeeeeeeeeeeep

What a fantastic pickup.

Hunter>>>>>>swisher

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah u just find wolverines peeking in womens windows while they play wit
themselves.

No, Wolverines look thru a knothole in the fence at sheep, and play with themselves.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say without looking at the stats that is appears John Danks has gone to complete shit. Idk what his homer totals are but I know the Twins had Home Run Derby off him lead by Escobar and Clete lol. And the Kitties went downtown on the reg too.

Sox can't even get familiar face production.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tori hunter just goes deeeeeeeeeeeeeep

What a fantastic pickup.

Hunter>>>>>>swisher

Didn't realize he was at 10 ding dongs now. Knew he was doing a good job of getting on base all year but this little heater to get him to 10 and 49 is impressive as well. Nice.

That said. JV is just straight up ass right now. Like dear god it is getting gross. Aside from April he has been getting shit on and Porcello has even been a better pitcher for 3/4 months of the year.

Guy couldn't even pitch for the Twins right now.....obviously wed love to have him though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougy's pen is out of ink as usual!!!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i cant really stick up for JV anymore. Id have to agree with what howie said on the tigers boards. Put him on the 15 day and let him get his head right. Sumthin. Hes going through a funk right now. But hes definitely not the JV of old. Matt cain is having a bad year also. Thats why u gotta love baseball. Every year comes new stars and new scrubs. JV is flubbin it up and max has stole JV's mojo. I trust anibal more than JV right now.

On another note. Vmart is el fuego!!!!!!!