• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies for going off topic. I am new to sportshoopla and was trying to post a thread but it will not let me. I can reply in threads but can't start any. Does anyone know what I should do? I tried to contact a moderator but I'm not allowed to do that either. Thanks.

I think you have to have 50 replies before you can start a thread.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point. vice has gotten so many people 'involved' in his games....there is little if any ball talk. Perhaps vice is the instigator, but look at the dozen and dozens who spend hours fighting with him. Without THOSE people, vice would be a nobody. Face it...vice fills a NEED for many of the posters on cbs. Hell, people talk about vice on gametrackers for AZ/LA games and AZ/SF games. For now....he has won. Perhaps baseball people should go elsewhere...if there is such a place similar to cbs? Ignore is the only other option - but most can't or won't.

So youre saying its the peoples fault for trying to stand up to the instigator? Not the person stirring the pot? Because you gloat how you instigate tiger fans into creating threads about you. I just dont get that. See how your tame right now. Actually posting baseball stuff. But soon your jeckyl and hyde or bipolar will kick in and you will attack once the board calms down. Im hoping not.......just go ahead and keep bringing the tigers down, even tho they are still 9 games over .500 and one good winning streak away from getting where they want to be.

Yes lets blame JV.....even tho his numbers arent bad....not JV type numbers, but still match up pretty well with other teams pitchers. I guess we have been spoiled. Expect 8 innings from him every start. And vmart has been pretty hot the last 3 weeks. Id rather blame coke, valverde, alberquerque, dirks, avila, infantes injury, untimely hitting, lack of getting the run in from 3rd with less than 2 outs. Keep being negative, but all they gotta do is make the playoffs. I wonder what the negative tiger fans were saying this same time last year....and the team won the AL pennant.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish you could trade fans.....id give the twins fans iffy for mrhockey and even throw in a player to be named later..................vice? Lol

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish you could trade fans.....id give the twins fans iffy for mrhockey and even throw in a player to be named later..................vice? Lol

We aren't interesting in trading hockey, quest on the other hand can be had for a low level poster...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't interesting in trading hockey, quest on the other hand can be had for a low level poster...

Haha nos......we could pull off a 3 way trade. Maybe send iffy and quest to the injuns for future considerations.....its a win win.....we get rid of dead weight and the injuns double their fan base:laugh3:

Well injuns, looks like the rangers are getting garza....he has just been scratched for tonights game....cubs to get 3-4 prospects. Cubs are stock piling youth....future twins cubbies WS? If the so called prospects from both teams do what they are projected to......then maybe..

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I put cleaves on 'ignore' - all he talks about is ME. I sent him a PM too, so I hope he gets the hint that I am not responding to his 'vice-like' rants at me. If you notice, he had a LONG rant (about me again) before the current one....he has written down stuff about me from years ago - stuff that I don't even remember. He is more interested in what I have done, than I am!

:lol:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun takes 65 game suspension - out for year. I wonder if Peralta will wait until the end of the season. He is a free agent after the season. If he gets suspended during the off season - it might cost him major $ as a free agent. Financially it might be better for him to take a 50 game suspension now.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously if i owned the twins...i would try my hardest to trade morneau now.......and by next years trade deadline, see if i could get some good players for mauer. If the twins future is bright, then they are maybe 3 years away.....id stockpile a bunch of youthful talent and try and free up money through mauers trade....then once the teams youth is ready to make that big leap, use your money THEN to get what you need at that point of time. Just my opinion. I love joe mauer, but by the time the team will contend, he will be that much older. Try and rip the yanks or red sox off. Some team that wouldnt have a problem taking on mauers contract.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put cleaves on 'ignore' - all he talks about is ME. I sent him a PM too, so I hope he gets the hint that I am not responding to his 'vice-like' rants at me. If you notice, he had a LONG rant (about me again) before the current one....he has written down stuff about me from years ago - stuff that I don't even remember. He is more interested in what I have done, than I am!

:lol:

If im on ignore....how does he know i talked about him? AGAIN. Have no idea why hes saying he PM me. Have never received a PM on this site. But anyways.........the garza trade will open the flood gates to the trades.

Let em begin!!!!!!!!!!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with trading Mauer next year is we would have to eat a huge part of his salary and that's just not something the Twins do, I do however agree it would be great for the future of the team to move him.

Who knows with Morneau, I can see the club just hanging onto him and signing him to a couple year deal in the off season, probably couldn't get much for him anyhow.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well injuns, looks like the rangers are getting garza....he has just been scratched for tonights game....

Teams looking to build for long term, so lack of interest in Garza is understood. Would of had to give up too much for a guy that'd only be with the team through Sept

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun takes 65 game suspension - out for year. I wonder if Peralta will wait until the end of the season. He is a free agent after the season. If he gets suspended during the off season - it might cost him major $ as a free agent. Financially it might be better for him to take a 50 game suspension now.

BREAKING NEWS! All the news is reporting is the royal baby :gaah:

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will not trade mr hockey, though if Gardy were given a new contract, he would go through free agency...

again, i have family, including my wife, from Detroit. I have enjoyed debating with all the tigers fans since 2007, including vice.. but the idea that the victims are to blame is ridiculous. Now the victims have decided to fight back.. which will only fuel the person who thrives on it... to the expense of a good thing, talking Tigers baseball with internet friends.

Imagine being in a bar, watching the game, and dealing with a guy like vice making fun of everyone else in the bar not from detroit.. picking on old men, women, kids, does not matter.. I would assume the bar would take care of him, and in leiu of that, local patrons would calm him down or protect the visitors.

Vice has 'won' nothing. Yes, people talk about him. He is what is wrong in CBS. Republicans talk about Obama probably more than either Bush. Does not mean Obama is winning anything.They just want solidarity in stopping the Democrats. Teachers talk about misbehaviors more than positive ones, only because they want to make it better.

An functional behavior assessment of the problem would suggest the person who is vice is being rewarded with status, probably lacking that in other parts of his life. If he could find a way to positively get status he may stop. We could award him "Greatest Troll Ever" and ask that he retire.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he could find a way to positively get status he may stop. We could award him "Greatest Troll Ever" and ask that he retire.

Well there was a guy on last night granting him that status with the SN TrollGodVice :laugh3:

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we are waiting trade news and PED suspensions. I know Jhonny Peralta is on the list, any other AL Central players who may go down? Who will fill in for Peralta if that is true?

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there was a guy on last night granting him that status with the SN TrollGodVice

I saw that... I must admit, I was proud of whomever it was.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember.....the players/union can appeal any suspension, since these suspensions are not based on failed drug tests. Even if Peralta received a 50 game suspension today - he would appeal it (Would he? See above) and I am sure that would keep him playing for the rest of the season.

Last I heard there were AT LEAST fifteen players on some leaked list. I recall Nelson Cruz on it, but can't recall any others off hand.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for vice.....please note that you are talking about him HERE! Who is winning at this game he is playing?

Sorry, but IMO, fighting him with countless posts and playing into his game-plan, isn't going to accomplish anything. If cbs does not deal with him...all you can do is ignore him. But, as I said before, many won't....they enjoy 'the game' too much. (If you notice that you are applauding TrollGod Vice for doing exactly that.) Yes, it is a shame for those that want just baseball talk - although, I don't think gametrackers ever were just baseball...but, it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the only team I hear possibly being interested in Morneau the Yankees? I would think the Red Sox would have some interest, not that I want to see him in a Red Sox uni...