• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer about to get pounded tomorrow dougy. Universe has a way of correcting itself. No way he should be compared with King Felix. The losses are coming.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capt....I answered cleaves privately. I hope he understands and gets the message. That long, drawn out post, really scared me. Way to much interest in what I do. wow

Indians missed a chance to move in on Detroit. I am sure both Det and Clev were expecting to at least go 2-1 in their weekend series.

Private message? Nope didnt receive one. Nor do i wish for one....yup i agree long and drawn out.....but all the truth.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry capt. if you don't know what stats mean.

its the life blood of this game...

Stats change daily...by the minute even...& serve as an indicator. Results 'written in stone' dont exist, sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears that Verlander doesn't have the heart. Appears to be on his way to an
overpaid drain on the franchise.

Whatever his problems are this season, Iffy, do you REALLY think it comes down to "heart" with a guy who's thrown more pitches and more innings than anyone in baseball since 2008? A guy whom Jeff Jones and his predecessor both said works harder than anyone on the staff?

I'm as ticked as anyone that Verlander can't seem to find a consistent groove this season, but would never suspect a lack of heart.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeh pretty pathetic showings for both teams. Not sure where the Tigs failed but
our D was largely responsible for screwing the pooch.

Both teams lost to opponents they should beat. The Tigers better start reversing this trend, beginning with the upcoming White Sox series.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, please never put Dougy in same category as Vice. Dougy is transparent. He has one ID, he backs his team, he eats his hungry man, and I find his posts entertaining. Vice is a narcissist. As for no other pure negative fans, I disagree. Each team has their haters. The Twins have Zseller, who I fought with about his negativity, and now he just posts fake positives.. we could be behind 11-1 and he will post "just need a hit". I made the mistake of trying to change him. I have seen NY and BOS haters who are fans. Vice feeds off of negativity like the old star trek episode when kirk had to befriend the klingons to get rid of the cloud that fed off anger... not to be a nerd. The only way to get Vice to stop is to ignore him, and right now he has angered so many people all the Tigers fans suffer because they are now unable to enjoy their glog. It is all about Vice.. "Did you see when I trolled?" as if everyone should be proud of him. It is time for Tigers fans to turn on him, and take back their glog.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 200 million dollar investments look scary when the player does not perform to standard. Joe Mauer got his big contract coming off an extraordinary year where he hit 28 HRs. Bu that was not his norm. Now when he goes into hitting slumps, I get nervous. He is a lifetime .300 plus hitter.. 0 for 15s are scary at 20 million per season. The same can be said for Verlander. You guys paid for big innings and wins. While JV's ERA and WHIP are up, his key stat is innings. Scary when you think "did we pay 200 million for a declining this..?". Just wait until Cabrera renegotiates.. and he will. If JV and Mauer are worth 20 million, Cabrera is worth 35-40.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to take 2 of 3 from friends in Ohio. Now we go on our dreaded west coast trip, where we notoriously never score and lose a lot... starting with the iffy Angels.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy take note:
It is all about Vice.. "Did you see when I trolled?" as if everyone should be proud of him. It is time for Tigers fans to turn on him, and take back their glog.

:agree:

Not only Tigers fans - but everybody he targets. Tribe & Royals in particular. No way to really get word out to the Royals guys though b/c they only glog. Since he lurks & reads everything, then pops in when his name is mentioned, thats not the way to get the message across to the others

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twins have Zseller, who I fought with about his negativity, and now he just
posts fake positives.. we could be behind 11-1 and he will post "just need a
hit".

Ha ha. Dick Mc posts stuff like that on the Tiger glogs, 'cept he's not being fake. I love the guy, but I think if you look up "homer" in the dictionary, there a pic of his avatar.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until Cabrera renegotiates.. and he will. If JV and Mauer are worth
20 million, Cabrera is worth 35-40.

Yeah, I said in a couple posts that in 2015 Cabrera will likely become the first $30 million per season player in MLB history. But $35 million wouldn't be a stretch, either.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are letting him win. He now has created a legion of people, who go to other gametrackers, and talk about vice, AND NOT BASEBALL. Sorry....I know many who go there like to talk baseball....but sadly, I guess...many are happy to just play along with vice and a few others. Nature of the beast? vice has found a flaw in cbs' set-up and is marketing what MANY want.....off-topic smack talk. As vice is fond of saying....you can't win. (I don't think vice will stop until he gets bored. And, more than likely, someone will take his place if he does go away.)

I'm changing my bookmark from cbs to mlb, to get game updates. I can talk baseball here...even if it has to be to doug and shano!

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball...odd game. Looking at rosters at the start of the season - who would have thought Cleveland would be within a game and a half of Detroit as the season approaches 100 games. I would have bet that the Tigers would be pushing 60 wins at this time and have a good 5-6 game lead on whatever team was second.

But for some of you Tiger fans - perk up! Even if the Tigers squeak into October....Leyland's days I think are numbered. Someone will get the blame for under-performing - and it sure won't be Verlander or Martinez.
:nod:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are letting him win. He now has created a legion of people, who go to other gametrackers, and talk about vice, AND NOT BASEBALL. Sorry....I know many who go there like to talk baseball....but sadly, I guess...many are happy to just play along with vice and a few others. Nature of the beast? vice has found a flaw in cbs' set-up and is marketing what MANY want.....off-topic smack talk. As vice is fond of saying....you can't win. (I don't think vice will stop until he gets bored. And, more than likely, someone will take his place if he does go away.)

I'm changing my bookmark from cbs to mlb, to get game updates. I can talk baseball here...even if it has to be to doug and shano!

Iffy we ALL go to Tracker to talk baseball & BS with our buddies. Vice makes that almost impossible

Theres plenty of annoying trolls - DrPhil & a few others - but theyre easy to ignore or laugh at. Vice isnt, because his attacks are personal & often vicious. Nobodys playing along with him & nobody wants it. We'd all be happy as hell if CBS had a way to perma-ban him like he is here

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played on many baseball teams growing up. I was on more bad than good. But some of my best memories are on teams that barely won. I remember one year I was 2-4 for a 4-16 team pitching. I felt like a god. So when the Twins are losing, or the Vikings, I am not there because I have to win the WS or SB. I am there because I have always been there. And winning a series when you are 13 games under .500 feels good. I think I fit the 'homer' category, but I see many flaws in my team.. I just do not get angry like some.. complacency?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry....I know many who go there like to talk baseball....but sadly, I
guess...many are happy to just play along with vice and a few others.

Was trying to glog the KC-DET game yesterday, and it was an abomination. 1 baseball-related post in about every 15. The other 14 were Vice and the people who want to fight with him. Not worth the time anymore.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was trying to glog the KC-DET game yesterday, and it was an abomination. 1 baseball-related post in about every 15. The other 14 were Vice and the people who want to fight with him. Not worth the time anymore.

The other people (KC fans) were there to talk baseball & have some friendly BS. Vice (as usual) made it impossible for them to do so. I was there for awhile, to chat with some of my buds, but like you left

The guys an incurable cancer

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's my point. vice has gotten so many people 'involved' in his games....there is little if any ball talk. Perhaps vice is the instigator, but look at the dozen and dozens who spend hours fighting with him. Without THOSE people, vice would be a nobody. Face it...vice fills a NEED for many of the posters on cbs. Hell, people talk about vice on gametrackers for AZ/LA games and AZ/SF games. For now....he has won. Perhaps baseball people should go elsewhere...if there is such a place similar to cbs? Ignore is the only other option - but most can't or won't.

gunnarthor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies for going off topic. I am new to sportshoopla and was trying to post a thread but it will not let me. I can reply in threads but can't start any. Does anyone know what I should do? I tried to contact a moderator but I'm not allowed to do that either. Thanks.