• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP wins the ESPY for best comeback!!!

Now that is HEART Doug!!!!

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh.... what was a fun board has devolved into a "getting in the last word" contest between Cleaves and Iffy.

As an FYI, I quit reading your bickering around page 99 and just started scrolling past each of your posts. If either of you had anything worthwhile to contribute to ALC Smack Talk, I didn't read it.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
howie...it should go back to normal now. One of the posters on the Tiger board told cleaves to shut up.

Any body hear any rumors about what relief pitchers the Tigers (or Indians) are targeting? I would like to see Detroit go after both a right-handed and left-handed reliever. And the righthander need not be Papelbon.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal, Iffster. Both of you have solid baseball knowledge that is MUCH more interesting to read.

Any body hear any rumors about what relief pitchers the Tigers (or Indians) are
targeting?

Besides the obvious Papelbon and Lincicum rumors, both of which would be expensive, I've heard the name Steve Cishek of the Marlins thrown around for Detroit. Middling ERA of 3.24, but he's 17-19 in save opps, and unlike several of our relievers, he doesn't walk many (13 in 41.2 innings). Plus, DD seems to be at ease dealing with Miami.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh.... what was a fun board has devolved into a "getting in the last word" contest between Cleaves and Iffy.

As an FYI, I quit reading your bickering around page 99 and just started scrolling past each of your posts. If either of you had anything worthwhile to contribute to ALC Smack Talk, I didn't read it.

Sorry howie.....i really do respect you....youre always a class act tiger fan on these boards....

Imma say one last thing, then im gonna ig him.....i just hate liars.....first i was accused of doing something to royal and injun fans....now i was told to shut up on the tigers board......smitty told me to stop quoting you, because then he could see your BS. since he had you on ig.....but im no longer gonna feed fuel to your fire. You have already proved youre a liar by not showing what i said about royals and injun fans....so after that, im done!

I made this thread to start up what we had on cbs.....we never had trouble over there until people like vice and fightclub came in.....now you want to come ruin this thread. But it is what it is.

Im sorry to all that i have bothered. Only reason i was giving him the time of day as i stated, was boredom. Baseball starts back up tomorrow.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with either of you on BASEBALL-related smack talk.... other than friendly disagreement and argument and defending my points, of course!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the tribune today....the idiot phil rogers said the sox should trade dunn, lindstrom, a reed, and crain to detroit for vmart, rondon, and nicky C. I was like, what the hell would detroit want dunn for? Reed has blown 4 saves with a 3.95 ERA. only player i would want would be crain and maybe lindstrom.

Another proposed trade idea he had was...injuns get garza and gregg for mcCallister and d salazar. Which i thought was a decent deal for the injuns even tho i cant stand gregg. Way better than that garbage deal he proposed for the tigers. Now switch dunn out for rios and maybe, just maybe, tigers make that one. Just dont see vmart getting traded now that he has heated up.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wifey called today......her boss at the job asked her what sox game she wanted next week. So yeah baby. Will be at the tiger/sox game sometime next week. 4 VIP tix, free parking, stadium club, free buffet, free drinks. Anyone ever been to the sox VIP stadium club knows how sweet it is. Went last year, and it rained all day for a noon start. Called game finally at 8. Spent most of the day sitting and eating and drinking on wifes companys tab. Cant wait. Should be alot of tiger fans there. Im hoping for the thursday afternoon game. Maybe a few rain delays to stretch it out.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon injun fans! Only the astros, rays, and marlins have a worse attendance record. Lucky for the tiger series they had when our fans helped pack the place....otherwise the astros might of passed them...

Interesting tho, the twins are in the middle averaging 31k......thats 12K more a game then the injuns. Tigers are at 37k.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another proposed trade idea he had was...injuns get garza and gregg for mcCallister and d salazar.

Hell'll freeze over before we give up Salazar. FO on record as saying hes our future. I could see Cabrera being put on the block...Aviles doing ok at SS & bring up Lindor. Would work for me

Wifey called today......her boss at the job asked her what sox game she wanted next week. So yeah baby. Will be at the tiger/sox game sometime next week. 4 VIP tix, free parking, stadium club, free buffet, free drinks.

N I C E !!! :yahoo:

Cmon injun fans! Only the astros, rays, and marlins have a worse attendance record.

Too pricey for me to go much. Ends up being about a C-note a head... I also think STOs created a 3-headed monster by broadcasting 159 out of 162 games. Nothing like being at the ballpark but theyve made it too easy to sit at home in the a/c & watch on the big screen

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting tho, the twins are in the middle averaging 31k
I think that has alot to do with the park still being pretty new and watching the game outside after 30 years in the dome is enough for Minnesotans even if the club stinks.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31,062 a game in season 4 of a new stadium even though the club is about to lose 90+ games for the 3rd straight season is pretty good.

Just thought i'd look and see what the Tigers attendance was in season 4 at Comerica. 16,892.

Way to go Twins fans!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the players being brought up.....i wish the tigers could get perkins and crain. Them 2 would seal the division......the playoffs are a crapshot. Dont know what those two would cost the tigers, but if somehow we kept nicky c, that would even be better. Gettin anxious for some baseball.....or trades......sumthin!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the players being brought up.....i wish the tigers could get perkins and crain. Them 2 would seal the division......the playoffs are a crapshot. Dont know what those two would cost the tigers, but if somehow we kept nicky c, that would even be better. Gettin anxious for some baseball.....or trades......sumthin!

Highly unlikely we move Perkins as it is and I doubt we would give it to Detroit unless we were wowed away and I don't think you guys have much to offer.

Your best trade chip doesn't do much since we have loads of outfield depth as it is.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed has blown 4 saves with a 3.95 ERA. only player i would want would be crain
and maybe lindstrom.
Yeah, I'd rather keep Benoit as our closer instead of Reed. Perhaps a middle relief role for Reed if the deal was made, but that's about it.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought i'd look and see what the Tigers attendance was in season 4 at
Comerica. 16,892.

Way to go Twins fans!

Ugh.... bad comparison. Season 4 in Comerica was 2003. We all know what happened that season (119 losses). No way the Twins are even CLOSE to that bad. Plus the Twins aren't that far removed from being a winning franchise. 2003 was the 10th losing season in a row for the Tigers.

Ilitch was still stockpiling superstars and huge salaries on the Red Wings in 2003, and spending $0 on the Tigers. When he started investing in our baseball team, the fans showed up. The CoPa drew 3.2 million fans in 2008, which was a losing season.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a troll, but the city of Detroit declared bankruptcy, the largest US city to do so. I do not think the last. It is impressive that in that great of an economic downturn the fans come to the games. Baseball sometimes heals a city, too.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the Twins sent down Oswaldo Arcia and Chris Parmalee. I am assuming they want them to get every day at-bats. Must mean Ryan Doumit will see some action in the outfield. With Hermann called up, they may play Joe Mauer less games at catcher. I think the infield is solidified in Morneau, Dozier, Florimon, and Plouffe. Sometimes I do wonder if management knows what they are doing?

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series with the Indians coming up.. and it matters! To some...