• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Norris than Gallardo right now forsure. Gallardo has talent but he's been pretty bad this year, will cost a lot and is coming from NL. Norris has gotten very good experience facing AL lineups this first half.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would stay away from Garza. He may have put a few good starts together but he has red flags all over the place.

Injuries, on his 5th team?

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hockey, i was not upset.. just pointed out the exclusion. and i would certainly not want us all to be the same. there is a place for quest and dougy, and sadly, vice. without Fs how could we appreciate As? as for the line-up, I think Joe's OBP puts him ahead in the order. I do not think it is a slight to bat Miggy 4th and Davis 5th. I wanted to see Mauer get on for those guys.. when you want someone to just get on, there may be no one better in the game.. except Miggy last two years. If the Twins had a Miggy or a Davis, look out.. that was our recipe for success in the 2000s.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mauer's OBP in WBC was like .500. He hit 3rd in a killer batting order.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Norris than Gallardo right now forsure. Gallardo has talent but he's been pretty bad this year, will cost a lot and is coming from NL. Norris has gotten very good experience facing AL lineups this first half.

With whats out there, and i dont see the injuns trading for cliff lee, norris would be the best fit i think.....gallardo was a stud, but has struggled...high risk.....with garza, he has been hot lately, but he gets hurt alot and i wouldnt trust him. I live in chicago and cubs fans wanted him traded since the get go....now some want to keep him....hes good when hes on, but i wouldnt trust him. I remember when he was linked to the tigers in the past. And i prayed we didnt get him.

Norris may not be a huge name, but i think he would help the injuns out big time. I said it in the offseason, they should of tried harder to get a top notch starter instead of spending on swisher. I just thought their lineup was good enough without swisher...a stud pitcher would of helped more than swisher. Just my opinion.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mauer's OBP in WBC was like .500. He hit 3rd in a killer batting order.

Actually he hit 4th LOL.

Which adds to my point that the Twins are doing it wrong. If Mauer can bat clean up for Team USA he sure as hell shouldn't bat second for one of the worst teams in baseball. That is why he never has a chance to drive in runs.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hockey, i was not upset.. just pointed out the exclusion. and i would certainly not want us all to be the same. there is a place for quest and dougy, and sadly, vice. without Fs how could we appreciate As? as for the line-up, I think Joe's OBP puts him ahead in the order. I do not think it is a slight to bat Miggy 4th and Davis 5th. I wanted to see Mauer get on for those guys.. when you want someone to just get on, there may be no one better in the game.. except Miggy last two years. If the Twins had a Miggy or a Davis, look out.. that was our recipe for success in the 2000s.

Outside of the lefty righty thing.....i woulda batted mauer 9th.....not out of not being good, but turning the order back over to the top.....sort of like another leadoff hitter. Plus being a catcher he should still get 2 AB's. the only way mauer bats 2nd is if you put cano 8th.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he hit 4th LOL.

Which adds to my point that the Twins are doing it wrong. If Mauer can bat clean up for Team USA he sure as hell shouldn't bat second for one of the worst teams in baseball. That is why he never has a chance to drive in runs.

Right its not helping the team if he gets on and nobody can hit him in.....bat him 3rd and let his singles and doubles hopefully drive people in. Miggy drives alot of runs in with RBI singles. Gotta set the tables for your best player to eat.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that chode Harper is batting 9th. He's not there to turn the line up over, he's there because he flat out shouldn't be an all star. Average under .270 and 29 RBI? There should be some over rule option on moronic fan voting.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right its not helping the team if he gets on and nobody can hit him in.....bat him 3rd and let his singles and doubles hopefully drive people in. Miggy drives alot of runs in with RBI singles. Gotta set the tables for your best player to eat.

Exactly. Do to having less homers he certainly wouldnt have close to Miggys outrageous RBI totals but if you stick him in where Miggy is on the Tigers. He's going to drive in a boat load with his doubles and high average(which would be better on a better team).

Since we don't have the luxury of an Ajax and Hunter. 3rd has to be the highest he bats...if not lower like 4th or 5th to drive in runs. Second is absolutely ridiculous and its baffling we havn't figured it out.

1 game against the Yanks we tried him 3rd....we stuck all or nothing homer or strikeout slow running Chris Parmelee second. LOL. Definition of not having a clue.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pirates and Diamondbacks have a few arms that would be worth going for.. from James McDonald and Tallion, to Delgado or Cahill, both teams have extras. But I believe Cleveland needs an elite arm, better than Masterson or Jiminez. If they could land an ace, it would make them very tough.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CF Hicks
2B Dozier/Rosario
RF Buxton
C Mauer
3B Sano
1B Morneau (or Plouffe at 3B, Sano at 1B if JM is gone)
LF Arcia
DH
SS Florimon

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buxton will bat leadoff and Arcia 5. That is forsure. Morneau wont be here and Sano is being brought up to play 3rd. Parmelee will have to get his act together or someone else in minors gets a shot.

I don't like Doumit but maybe him starting off as DH to keep that everyday Mauer back up. Or a young guy with pop and Doumit is off the bench spelling Mauer.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mauer will still be a almost full time catcher in 15?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like jhonny P will be safe this year......no suspensions expected until 2014. Well looks like we will have to get another SS during the offseason.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers don't trade Porcello or Castellano, I can't see DD getting anything elite at the end of the month. I am sure he'll use prospects to get a relief pitcher (or two) that are better than what they have now. But adding a good young SS prospect (also) might be near impossible.

Now let me throw this out. (This SHOULD be put on the Tiger board...but the Ostrich Club....well...)

The Yankees are trying to dump Phil Hughes. I wonder if Hughes - a flyball pitcher - might fit better in Detroit than groundball pitcher, Porcello. Just a thought....use Porcello as trade material and pick up Hughes for Avisail Garcia. I know that many Tiger fans see Garcia as untouchable - a corner OFer of the future. To me Garcia won't develop the power to be a top corner outfielder. He lacks speed, is only a fair outfielder with a good arm. If DD lands some real talent for Porcello, I'd trade Garcia. Although I may be over-rating Porcello's value and trying to get any more than a good relief pitcher, might be a stretch.

For non-Tiger fans...the trading (or not) of Porcello is a divisive topic in Tiger fandom. l.e.- his super potential, at his young age vs his failure to have had a real good season in the last 3 years.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW...if you want to p.o. the Ostrich Boys, go to the Detroit board....quote one of MY posts and reply to it. The Ostriches who have me on ignore, will still see it when you quote it in your post. hehehehe

PS...don't be nasty or anything. One of the 'O' Boys will report you in a heart beat.

:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers don't trade Porcello or Castellano, I can't see DD getting anything elite at the end of the month. I am sure he'll use prospects to get a relief pitcher (or two) that are better than what they have now. But adding a good young SS prospect (also) might be near impossible.

Now let me throw this out. (This SHOULD be put on the Tiger board...but the Ostrich Club....well...)

The Yankees are trying to dump Phil Hughes. I wonder if Hughes - a flyball pitcher - might fit better in Detroit than groundball pitcher, Porcello. Just a thought....use Porcello as trade material and pick up Hughes for Avisail Garcia. I know that many Tiger fans see Garcia as untouchable - a corner OFer of the future. To me Garcia won't develop the power to be a top corner outfielder. He lacks speed, is only a fair outfielder with a good arm. If DD lands some real talent for Porcello, I'd trade Garcia. Although I may be over-rating Porcello's value and trying to get any more than a good relief pitcher, might be a stretch.

For non-Tiger fans...the trading (or not) of Porcello is a divisive topic in Tiger fandom. l.e.- his super potential, at his young age vs his failure to have had a real good season in the last 3 years.

Wont need a SS for this year.....im sure we will pick up something in the offseason.......i dont see anyone thinking porcello is all that great.....hes a decent 5th option though. You were the one who didnt wanna trade porcello in the offseason because you said the tigers lacked depth and were one injury away from not having a 5th starter....who thinks porcello has super potential......and no i wouldnt trade for hughes. Balls fly out of comerica down the right and left field lines. Why not just trade garcia for a decent reliever? Only reason i would trade porcello now though, is its towards the end of the year.....if the tigers make the postseason, they wont use a 5 starter.....but they could also put porcello in the pen for the playoffs.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW...if you want to p.o. the Ostrich Boys, go to the Detroit board....quote one of MY posts and reply to it. The Ostriches who have me on ignore, will still see it when you quote it in your post. hehehehe

PS...don't be nasty or anything. One of the 'O' Boys will report you in a heart beat.

:whistle:

Why would they troll the tigers board? Only person ive ever seen in here do that is shane......and seems to me, you dont like shane, so why would he help you piss tiger fans off? And being a tiger fan, why would you want to piss tiger fans off?