• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr hockey..are you talking about the team last yeat..that had to win its last 4 game just to make the plays off?? the team that lost its rookie defense to ijury and had to face the blackhawks? and took the Blackhawks to the brink and force a game 7?????

the same team that added Alfredson and Weiss?????
Things will be easier fr the sharks...redwings are in the Eastern confer now

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug...did you know that because Detroit played well after last year's All-Star Game...they are guaranteed - by federal laws - to play even better (after the ASG) this season! Congress, the Supreme Court, and the Justice League of America have assured us that the Tigers will play better than last years' 2nd half.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince didn't have the HEART tonight Dougy.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f Fielder didn't 'care about that crap', why has he volunteered to be part of the derby the last two years?

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug...did you know that because Detroit played well after last year's All-Star Game...they are guaranteed - by federal laws - to play even better (after the ASG) this season! Congress, the Supreme Court, and the Justice League of America have assured us that the Tigers will play better than last years' 2nd half.

Classic! :laugh3:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, of course, there's no guarantees that a good second half the last two years means anything this year -- other than the Tigers have the depth and the veteran presence to ride out a 162 game season. The fact that they are ahead of last year's pace, the point made by doug, I believe was made more for the doubters who claim the Tigers haven't played well so far this year. They're not running away because Cleveland is hanging around longer, whereas they had already begun to fade after mid-June the last two seasons. That's a tribute to the Indians, not a knock on the Tigers.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not running away because Cleveland is hanging around longer, whereas they had already begun to fade after mid-June the last two seasons. That's a tribute to the Indians, not a knock on the Tigers.

Thanks for somebody - finally - giving credit where credits due

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference between me and guys like hockey, is that I am less likely to agree with others. The biggest case in point: Joe Mauer. I think I spent 200 hours defending Mauer's contract in the year or two after we signed him. I remember having to fend off numerous tigers fans who insisted Alex Avila was either a better deal, or just plain better.

But I was right. Mauer is worth his contract. He is by far the best Twin. Meanwhile, Avila has basically disappeared. Now it appears to be Pena's turn.

I was sought out for three years on the CBS boards. Vice and friend made numerous IDs like MauerisGay, Mauer'sHair, 200milMauer... and would make fun of him and my allegiance on a daily basis. Every at-bat vice was there (if he got out). Eventually, vice tired and Mauer performed better. He moved on to fight KC fans daily.

But the AL Central thread, an idea that Dougy and I started, found intelligence with argument. It was not trolling, it was a chance to argue for the good. For the first few years it was mostly Twins and Tigers.

I do not always get along with everyone. Hockey likes to think himself "fairer" or less of a "homer" than me. Like the last post "Nos and I" as if I cannot be objective. Whatever. I think I am objective, and so does my mother. I guess that is all that matters.

I just like to argue.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go NL, even though it pains me...

NL 6 AL 3

MVP Carlos Gonzalez

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Leyland bats Joe Mauer 8th? Why would he not put him 2nd in front of Cano?

Hater.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeez its boring.....i hate this time of the year......i watched maybe 3-4 mins of the derby last night....,caught cespedes bashing out HR's in the first round. Its so boring.....and bermans back back back makes it even worse.

Well it was monday night so there was alot of other things on.....but it sure is boring without baseball.

Why is it everytime i flip to FIRST TAKE, which i used to watch a year or more ago, they are ALWAYS talking NBA? Turned it there yesterday for 2 secs, and they were talking dwight howard..l.l,just turned it there a min ago, and they were talking about dwight howard, WITH NELLY. What a sad show, ESPN has gotten so bad. Unwatchable. You notice how ALL ESPN shows have to have a hip hop flava to it? Id like to punch skip bayless and steven A in the mouth. So scripted!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Leyland bats Joe Mauer 8th? Why would he not put him 2nd in front of Cano?

Hater.

You want cano 3rd? So miggy or chris davis would bat 5th? No way! Miggy and davis should be 3 and 4. They deserve it. Tiger fans get to see the 3-4 combo of miggy n prince....now lets see miggy and davis bat 3-4 with the great battle they are having this year. Davis is throwing a wrench in miggys triple crown plans with his own spectacular year. The guy is crushing. Batting him anything but cleanup is a travesty.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to knock the order.....everyones stats are great.....plus leyland has it right, left, right, left...etc.......he loves doing that.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes down to arguing about an all star games batting order:doh:

They should open Basketball and Hockey Free Agency over the all star break. Give fans something to read about.

CaptOb What are the Indians going to do at the trade Deadline?

My guess the Tigers will pull a rabbit out the hat with an insurance SS and cheap reliever.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Rolling, you took that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too personal.

I said me and Nos because Nos himself has made it clear numerous times that he doesn't hate the Tigers, it is their fans that have created the hate.. And I just used the example to Cleaves that I am objective to guys like him because he has a normal functioning brain. With guys like Dougy I just bash anything and everything he likes. This wasn't mean't to be an exclusive club of objectivity. Just getting a point across.

As for Mauer agree with you on both points. I have always backed his contract. Is it too much? Sure. Is it holding us back? No. He is hitting great and we have money too spend, and we don't. Recently I heared(don't know the truth to it) that the Pohlads actually said SPEND but Terry Ryan wouldn't. I'll be pissed if it's true.

I think Mauer really should bat 2nd with his very high average and doubles power. I think it was a mistake not putting him in front of Cano and Miggy. But as Cleaves mentioned I see Leylands reasoning. You go right/left all the way through. Miggy bats in his usual 3 spot now. Davis is a true clean up man. Ortiz would already bat 7th(6th is already low for him but the right spot) and you would have Jones, Hardy, Trout all 3 righties. So I see his point.

As long as Joe gets two AB's I'm fine. Just think going Trout, Mauer, Cano, Miggy is a little more dangerous to start off Harvey though. Based on the types of hitters they all are.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f Fielder didn't 'care about that crap', why has he volunteered to be part of the derby the last two years?

Excuses. He just got beat by younger guys. He is getting old time to hang it up in a couple years :lol:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess the Tigers will pull a rabbit out the hat with an insurance SS and cheap reliever.

My guess is the Indians will also use the 'pull a rabbit out of the hat' trick

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes down to arguing about an all star games batting order:doh:

They should open Basketball and Hockey Free Agency over the all star break. Give fans something to read about.

Cleveland Indians trade rumors: Starting pitching

Garza, Bud Norris, Gallardo

Norrisis the best chance for the Tribe.