• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not gonna throw dirks under the bus tho.....hes still respectable.....we cant
have all stars at every position.

The defensive upgrade alone with the Dirks/Tuiososopo platoon in LF over the iron-gloved Raburn/Delmon combo is a major improvement. Tui is hitting well in his role, and I feel like Dirks will still hit around .270 this year.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive upgrade alone with the Dirks/Tuiososopo platoon in LF over the iron-gloved Raburn/Delmon combo is a major improvement. Tui is hitting well in his role, and I feel like Dirks will still hit around .270 this year.

Yeah, I mean Dirks is serviceably decent at #8 maybe, but how do we keep Tuiasosopo out of that spot on a more regular basis?? This kid is proving himself a truly dangerous hitter.. just saw him hit a righty too.. so, again.. begs the question.....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol mrgardy opps i mean hockey.....i thought u forgot a word or 2 and was still talkin bout clete lol......i do have a big swing like clete. A 12 yr old struck me out a couple weeks ago when the coaches played the kids....i also pulled a canseco....except ball hit the palm of my glove and went over for a HR. no head bounce tho. Hockey when i first met u, we argued alot, but i respect you more because you are not 100 percent just hating on the tigs all the time. U will give credit when credit is due, AND you will point out problems with your teams. Except when u argue with dougie, which i fully understand since me and dougie go at it with scUM and sparty.

Yeah I think you will see with guys like me and Nos we don't even hate the Tigers it's just some idiotic fans make us hate on them. We'll be objective til guys like Doug and Vice come around. I mainly just go back and forth with Dougy Boy though.

For example, I will tell you that the Red wings really surprised this year and had a great season when many counted them out. When Doug brings them up and says how scared I should be, I will simply say they fucking suck. LOL.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not call myself a Tigers hater. But I am not a liker, either. Cleaves, and other AL Central fans who have been around for a while, should recall their comments during the 'lean' years. I remember when the Tigers went 12 years without a winning season (1994-2005). When you guys won in 2011 the Central, it was your first division win since 1987. I took on all kinds of arguments on as Minnesota won 6 titles in 9 years in the 2000s. Now it is your turn to sit in top and defend.. soon it may be someone else's turn.
D

The only difference is detroit has won a playoff series during their brief run on top.....the twins could never get by the yanks. I was only on cbs since 06. Just like i remember the lean years, i remember the 84 tigers who went wire to wire. 35-5 start.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think you will see with guys like me and Nos we don't even hate the Tigers it's just some idiotic fans make us hate on them. We'll be objective til guys like Doug and Vice come around. I mainly just go back and forth with Dougy Boy though.

For example, I will tell you that the Red wings really surprised this year and had a great season when many counted them out. When Doug brings them up and says how scared I should be, I will simply say they fucking suck. LOL.

The Red Wings are still a good club, but with the salary cap, Illitch can spend only so much there. Next years Wings will be good, but may not win that division.. I think somewhere around 40-32-8. Yes, a good team, but I don't think they make it to the conference finals this year.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah i know the feeling. I always hated the white sox, but then i met quest and twinsfan sumthin.....and they made me hate the twins.....then came fightclub and his all so famous "all hail ubaldo" rants over and over.....add on that old man kinik and they made me hate the injuns. I heard royals fans are bad, but since i dont go on gamecenters, i never see them....well except at the beginning of the year when they post about their HOF lineup....and then towards the end of the year when their famous chant of "wait til next year" comes out......white sox fans have even vanished in chicago....theyre all blackhawks fans now, waiting for football season......but now if i had to rate....i dont care for injun fans. Same thing every year.....plus most of them are ohio st fans, and they are some of the worst fans. But every fan base has good and bad fans.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the wings surprised me. I thought they were gonna miss the playoffs because of their defense. Not sure about next year. Nice young group. Alfredsson is old......didnt know much about weiss....heard hes a good 2 way player. Was hoping we stole subban last year when montreal hadnt signed him yet. Hes a beast. But in hockey, its the same as baseball....just make playoffs and anything can happen....this year the best team did win. Hawks are scary young and good. Gonna be around for awhile.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pickin the AL in the derby with prince repeating.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL wins game 6-4..........chris davis MVP

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 - 3 NL wins Joey Votto MVP

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-5 tie. Bud Selig is MVP

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy hits 3 run homer and Scherzer goes 2 scoreless

Given that Max pitched Saturday, I'm thinking he only goes 1, unless he gets out of the first in under 10 pitches.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jhonny P gets a hit and drives in a run..book it dano..

Tigers really put the star in all stars

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half way point...

Tigers have a even better record than last year at this point...
The Indians took first place and promptly gave it back in a matter of days.

Tigers biggest concern is with Miggy and his back. It would have been great if he would have passed up the ASG and took a rest...lets hope that his back issues go away.
iam worried about Sanchez. iam thinking he might be headed back to the DL this year.