• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie furbush has a career 4.21 ERA. Hes 2-4 with a mid 3 ERA.....he is 2 years younger than fister......now you trying to tell me that was a bad trade? Mariners also got casper wells, who has since been released, picked up by the white sox, and released again....

Sorry i would rather have a pretty dam good starter over a middle reliever with a career 4.21 ERA.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report had the Tigers ranked 27th at present.. I thought you guys were top ten 5 years ago. By the by, the Twins are ranked number one according to aforementioned sports site.

Top 10 five years ago?

Who did we have......besides only losers talk about minor league system......like vice said, hasnt the royals minor league system been good for years? I dont really remember the tigers system ever being ranked high....DD drafts college pitchers who can make the jump to MLB sooner than it takes a high school player to get prepared. You can have the top minor league system, its baseball.....winners are born through FA and trades......you do know bleacher report is a site where anyone can post an article? Its an opinion website. The twins can have the best prospects in the world, but if they become stars, will they pay them all and keep them all? Dont worry, i remember the days of the tigers sucking and all we could do is talk about prospects and the future....you keep worrying about 2015, and we will worry about 2013.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Wainwright is having a Cy Young year.

WAR rankings

1. Kershaw
2. Wainwright
3. Hernandez
4. Sale
5. Harvey
6. Lee
7. Buchholz

Crazy eyes is 10th. And JV is 30th

You do know ben zobrist was the leader in WAR before right?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know ben zobrist was the leader in WAR before right?

He didn't crack the top 50, do know what year you are talking about, but this is 2013.

Batting

1. Gomez
2. Cabrera
3. Machado
4. Wright
5. Mccutchen
6. Goldschmidt
7. Cano
8. Trout
9. Pedroia
10. Gonzalez

All pretty good hitters to me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! Machado has 39 doubles at the All-Star break. He is on pace to beat the record for most in a season

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, short list of players traded in last five years or so by Tigers... Armando Galarraga, Jeff Baker, Jason Grilli, Charlie Furbush, Giovanni Soto, Curtis Granderson, Edwin Jackson, Scott Sizemore, Ryan Perry, Andrew Miller, Justin Henry, Cole Nelson, Matt Joyce, Andy Oliver, Francisco Martinez and many more. Some did not pan out, some were already veterans... but you will deplete your talent below trading like that.. and it is only some of the trading.

"During the 2010–11 offseason, Galarraga was designated for assignment by the Tigers.[17] On January 24, 2011 he was traded to the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for pitchers Kevin Eichhorn and Ryan Robowski.[18]
On May 17, 2011, Galarraga was designated for assignment and spent the rest of the season with the AAA Reno Aces[19] After the 2011 season, he became a free agent.[20]"

And hes still in the minors...

Soto, the guy i never heard of is in the injuns minor league system....he got us the all star SS peralta..

Baker? He played 15 games for the tigs, and is not young.

"After starting the season with a 12.19 ERA through 13 appearances, Perry was optioned to Toledo on May 28, 2011 to make room for spot starter Andrew Oliver.[7]"

Then they traded him to washington....i have no idea what hes doing now....guy couldnt throw strikes

Edwin jackson? Really? Hes bad. Here in chicago, cubs fans werent happy with that signing....guess who they wanted? ........sanchez!

You havent told me ONE good player outside of grandy, but like i said grandy fetched us ajax and scherzer....you wont find ONE person outside of ahemmm (((cough))) ((((cough)))) BLEACHER REPORT, that thinks the tigers didnt win that trade, the miggy trade, the fister trade, the sanchez/infante trade.......so keep reaching.........ill be waiting for all this GOOD talent we have been giving up....i cant even remember who the twins got for d young.....young helped us win an AL pennant. And it looks like it didnt cost us much.

Hell to me that giovanni soto for peralta looks pretty damn good!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't crack the top 50, do know what year you are talking about, but this is 2013.

Batting

1. Gomez
2. Cabrera
3. Machado
4. Wright
5. Mccutchen
6. Goldschmidt
7. Cano
8. Trout
9. Pedroia
10. Gonzalez

All pretty good hitters to me.

Last year.......this years not over yet......sort of like the injuns claiming an AL central title in june.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year.......this years not over yet......sort of like the injuns claiming an AL central title in june.

Well...its the middle of July & we're still right there with ya :nod:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you have it flip flop. Tigs fans already think they won it and expect a WS title. If they don't get past the 1st or even 2nd round all hell will break loose. Fire the manager and trade half the team away!!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have it flip flop. Tigs fans already think they won it and expect a WS title. If they don't get past the 1st or even 2nd round all hell will break loose. Fire the manager and trade half the team away!!!

I dont expect a WS title, but i do expect an AL Central title......just like pretty much all experts think. 162 games usually gives the better team the advantage. But once playoff starts, anything can happen....a bad start here or there and your seasons over. I thought texas was the best AL team last year, but they were 1 and done.

Funny how before the tigers won the division for the first time a few years back......twins fans, especially rolling, would bring up on a daily basis about the tigers collapses in the past.....now that the tigs are the returning winners and favs and use the same logic with cleveland, its stupid to compare last year and this year.....were just saying the same shit twins fans fed us. We got over that hump. Will the injuns? We will see. They have been in 1st place later than mid july before and blown it. Look for detroit to upgrade their BP in the next week or 2. Once they do that. Cya later tribe!

Detroit 9-3 vs the injuns. You wanna be the champ, you gotta beat the champ! If they could beat detroit they would be in first.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah just the manager and his new buddy....phil coke.....maybe the injuns can reunite them with raturd.

I cant help it the tigers have expectations....they did make the WS and added tori hunter and a whole year of sanchez and infante.....but u guys got swisher tho lol.....if a miracle happened and the injuns did make the playoffs....,,dont expect swisher the choker to hit. Hes MIA when it counts. Shoulda bought a starter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont expect a WS title, but i do expect an AL Central title......just like pretty much all experts think. 162 games usually gives the better team the advantage. But once playoff starts, anything can happen....a bad start here or there and your seasons over. I thought texas was the best AL team last year, but they were 1 and done.

Funny how before the tigers won the division for the first time a few years back......twins fans, especially rolling, would bring up on a daily basis about the tigers collapses in the past.....now that the tigs are the returning winners and favs and use the same logic with cleveland, its stupid to compare last year and this year.....were just saying the same shit twins fans fed us. We got over that hump. Will the injuns? We will see. They have been in 1st place later than mid july before and blown it. Look for detroit to upgrade their BP in the next week or 2. Once they do that. Cya later tribe!

Detroit 9-3 vs the injuns. You wanna be the champ, you gotta beat the champ! If they could beat detroit they would be in first.

For the Tribe it's the same thing, bullpen. If starters can go 6 it would take a huge amount of pressure off BP. The thing is the BP has struggled and we are still 7 over. Tey have played better of late and hopefully progress.

Francona said the other day he still believes in the BP and sees them as a top 5 BP potentially. I trust him, bc he knows what a great BP is bc they some great ones in Boston, but the key is that the starters have to go 6 strong and anything more is a plus.

I wouldn't mind the Tribe going after Garza to try to get more depth in the rotation.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point Cleaves was that the Tigers traded away prospects, albeit few who panned out, for major leaguers. You depleted your minor league resources. It shows in that you are now ranked 27th, while three years ago you were around 21st. Not that it matters, but Charlie Furbush for 2 years has been a dependable left arm out of the bullpen. Jacob Turner will be a decent starter for years, better than Rick Porcello. Whatever. You are dropping in minor league ranks because you have less than you started with.. and so far, you have 2 playoff visits, and a WS loss... not bad, but right now you expect to return to WS and win... and I think DD has made the moves to make that imperative before we get too old...

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tribe are for real. Jason Kipnis is starting to look like a Pedroia/Cano type 2nd baseman. If Asdrubal returns to his good bat, and Brantley stays warm.. the Indians could present trouble for the Tigers. The SPs are not nearly as good as Detroit's, but you do have a much better closer and pen. If this Slazar kid is real, you are that much closer. You do need a shutdown pitcher for playoff run.. like a Hamels or Lee.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET ME BE REAL CLEAR

I AM NOT SAYING YOU MADE BAD TRADES

I AM SAYING YOU DEPLETED YOUR MINOR LEAGUE SYSTEM (EVEN WITH GOOD TRADES).

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for you, Cleaves...

fangraphs Det 24th, Minn 15th (2012)
Baseball america Minn 10th, Det 27th (March)
baseball prospectus Minn 4th, Det 29th (March)
minorleagueball.com Minn 7th, Det 30th (Feb, 12)
mlb daily Minn 2nd (only ranked top ten).

just in 5 minutes of research, I withheld nothing

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET ME BE REAL CLEAR

I AM NOT SAYING YOU MADE BAD TRADES

I AM SAYING YOU DEPLETED YOUR MINOR LEAGUE SYSTEM (EVEN WITH GOOD TRADES).

WE DEPLETED THEM? HOW MANY GREAT PROSPECTS DID WE TRADE AWAY? Turner? Yeah, but he got us sanchez who is now signed long term.....turner got called up the last 2 years to start....and he wasnt very good. Ill take sanchez.....but i disagree we depleted our minor leagues. We kept every prospect we wanted except for turner...but DD couldnt pass up getting sanchez AND infante. Our minor league system hasnt been good for a long long time. 5 years ago, when you said we were a top system, i just cant remember.....i remember bot ryan strieby and scott sizemore being our top prospects back then. Strieby never panned out and DD gave up on sizemore quick, which looks like a smart idea. I could see if they traded a will myers or sumthin. When we got austin jackson, he was one of the yankees prized prospects. Im still not buying the tigers will be all washed up in 2 years.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for you, Cleaves...

fangraphs Det 24th, Minn 15th (2012)
Baseball america Minn 10th, Det 27th (March)
baseball prospectus Minn 4th, Det 29th (March)
minorleagueball.com Minn 7th, Det 30th (Feb, 12)
mlb daily Minn 2nd (only ranked top ten).

just in 5 minutes of research, I withheld nothing

And what does that mean? They are rankings. Just like college. How many 2 and 3 stars become superstars and how many 4-5 star become busts? I dont care. If minor league rankings meant something, then the royals would of been good sometime. Just like i always say.....id trade nick castellanos in a heart beat for a proven star. Theres no guarantee a prospect will make it in the majors.

Just look at those rankings how different they are. One has minny 2 and one has em 15th. Detroits future isnt going to be through the minors. They are good now, and who from their system has been a huge difference? JV, avila dirks porcello and smyly.........wow!!!!!!!

Just because minny HAS to build through their system, detroit doesnt.....they can buy and trade.

I remember when ben revere was gonna be so great, according to some twins fans......hes now in philly. Welcome to baseball now days. It isnt 1950. Players move. You can get a pretty good player for some AA bums now days. Teams wanna shred contract. Hell in the chicago tribune they suggested the sox trade crain to detroit for casey crosby.....yup id do it in a heartbeat....and then our minor league system would drop again. But crain is what they need and crosby hasnt been able to make that jump to MLB.

cameron maybin.....was sposed to be the man. The next ricky henderson. 5 tool player. The prize of the miggy trade. How did that work out? Besides detroit gets the players they want in the draft because they are willing to take the college pitchers that want huge signing bonuses. Tigers always have some strong arm pitcher fall to them. Same this year with the reliever from u of texas.

Turner MIGHT be better than porcello. Remember porcello is still 24 yrs old. Porcello IS the 5 th starter on this team. Porcello has done a great job in my eyes this year....better than brad penny.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point Cleaves was that the Tigers traded away prospects, albeit few who panned out, for major leaguers. You depleted your minor league resources. It shows in that you are now ranked 27th, while three years ago you were around 21st. Not that it matters, but Charlie Furbush for 2 years has been a dependable left arm out of the bullpen. Jacob Turner will be a decent starter for years, better than Rick Porcello. Whatever. You are dropping in minor league ranks because you have less than you started with.. and so far, you have 2 playoff visits, and a WS loss... not bad, but right now you expect to return to WS and win... and I think DD has made the moves to make that imperative before we get too old...

So youre saying the tigers future is bleak because they fell from 21st to 27th? If your system is so weak, but yet you keep trading your prospects coming up with fister, sanchez, and infate, somethings wrong. I guess other teams dont care where the tigers farm is listed. They keep taking our guys who cant make the majors.