• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys talking about racism.. I have been a victim.. all the time. being white. handsome and smart about sports.
That was classic, nice job Dougie... I actually laughed outloud...

:suds:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the highlights of the Indans-KC game. Gotta say, those are some odd uni's the tribe were wearing, but I kinda dig the look of the collared shirt.

How'd you get to see highlights? They couldnt even show us highlights locally b/c it wasnt broadcast. Not on STO, mlb.tv....nowhere :bawling:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys talking about racism.. I have been a victim.. all the time. being white. handsome and smart about sports. I just try to get passed it... being a winner is lonely

Ding ding ding Winner :10:

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves and Vice (if you are still alive at sportshoopla). My point was DD makes a lot of trades, more than most. He has made some of the best trades in baseball, fleecing the Marlins, getting Fister... but in doing so he has given up on talent. Do not tell me none have panned out, I think the Mariners are happy with Furbush, Grilli is a star now.. and I looked up every player on baseball-reference so yes, they were all traded.. unless that reputable site is part of a hate conspiracy against the Tigers (possible, remember the almost no-hitter). Soto was not the Cubs Soto, so Cleaves you owe me an apology.. I won't hold me breath. Again, my wife is from Detroit, I have friends and family there... I like them and the city. I just to not like the 'attacks' I have witnessed by vice and his co-conspirator, making up IDs, banning posters with warnings, and then pretending to be above it all. You have bragged about your constant disruption of game threads in KC, MN, and others.. what is the present ranking of Tigers minor league system? What was it 5 years ago?

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report had the Tigers ranked 27th at present.. I thought you guys were top ten 5 years ago. By the by, the Twins are ranked number one according to aforementioned sports site.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last year at the All-Star break...

White Sox 47-38
Windians 44-41
Tigers 44-42

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Indians team stats this year so far...

4th in OPS
13th in average
8th in HRs
4th in RBIs
4th in Runs
6th in OBP

Pitching is a different story
27th in ERA!
2nd in shutouts! - inconsistent
5th in Strikeouts
1st in Walks- yikes
12th in BAA

Yeah the bullpen is dragging us down, but need to improve pitching. Lets see if I can pull up 2012 All-Star break and compare

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a helluva boring stretch coming up. Nothing but the ASG Mon-Thurs...

Poor Vice is gonna go nuckin futz being banned here & not being able to troll me on Gametracker :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 pre all star stats...

Batting

12th in OPS
15th in Avg
21st in HRs
12th in RBIs
12th in Runs
4th in OBP

Pitching

28th in ERA
12th in Shutouts
28th in Strikeouts
6th in Walks
20th in BAA

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I am getting from this is Cleveland is not the same team from last year.

Their offense is more deadly, can hit for power and speed. Their pitching other than ERA is average but very inconsistent.

But last year offense was average and pitching was actually worse. So it is a different team and hopefully can keep it up after the All-Star break.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point Shane...and you are correct in stating what occurred in the past two seasons does not HAVE to hold true for this one. THAT goes for any team.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report had the Tigers ranked 27th at present.. I thought you guys were top ten 5 years ago. By the by, the Twins are ranked number one according to aforementioned sports site.

Might as well ask a 5 year old if you are gonna use bleacher report. Baseball America a few months back had the Twins at 10 and the Tigers at 27... But when they update it I would expect to see the Twins in the top 5, just my opinion...

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander. 6 2/3 no hit innings... Tigers shutting out the rangers..

again..
whos in first..
whats in second???

yea IFFY.. don't look at what a team does for the last 4 years.
Iam sure the tribe wont tank again in the second half.
BAWWWHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
you kill me.....

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so..
the Tigers are having a better record at this time than last year.
are in first place now.

and you Indians fans see this as a good thing???
pass that shit over here. It must be some good stuff...

shame verlander cant pitch in the ASG..due to pitching today.
AL could have sent out the 2 best pitchers in the game Scherzer/Verlander
Verlander is at 10 wins now. papa grande blew a fore sure win for him as he did for Scherzer also.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so..
the Tigers are having a better record at this time than last year.
are in first place now.

and you Indians fans see this as a good thing???
pass that shit over here. It must be some good stuff...

shame verlander cant pitch in the ASG..due to pitching today.
AL could have sent out the 2 best pitchers in the game Scherzer/Verlander
Verlander is at 10 wins now. papa grande blew a fore sure win for him as he did for Scherzer also.

I didn't say that. I just think the Indians are a better team than last year and at times abd recently pitching has been like a top 5 team.

And Verlander isn't the best and Scherzer isn't either. He is 37th in ERA, crazy eyes is 26th. Right now Kershaw is no question #1 and Hernandez is right behind him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Wainwright is having a Cy Young year.

WAR rankings

1. Kershaw
2. Wainwright
3. Hernandez
4. Sale
5. Harvey
6. Lee
7. Buchholz

Crazy eyes is 10th. And JV is 30th

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug....I flip a coin in the air 9 times. It comes up heads each time. On the tenth flip, what is the percentage chance that the coin comes up heads again?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! He is still thinking it over :laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves and Vice (if you are still alive at sportshoopla). My point was DD makes a lot of trades, more than most. He has made some of the best trades in baseball, fleecing the Marlins, getting Fister... but in doing so he has given up on talent. Do not tell me none have panned out, I think the Mariners are happy with Furbush, Grilli is a star now.. and I looked up every player on baseball-reference so yes, they were all traded.. unless that reputable site is part of a hate conspiracy against the Tigers (possible, remember the almost no-hitter). Soto was not the Cubs Soto, so Cleaves you owe me an apology.. I won't hold me breath. Again, my wife is from Detroit, I have friends and family there... I like them and the city. I just to not like the 'attacks' I have witnessed by vice and his co-conspirator, making up IDs, banning posters with warnings, and then pretending to be above it all. You have bragged about your constant disruption of game threads in KC, MN, and others.. what is the present ranking of Tigers minor league system? What was it 5 years ago?

Ok so grilli is a star NOW. Do you know after he was a mop up pitcher in detroit, yes he was horrible, look that up.......HE WAS STILL TRADED BY FOUR MORE TEAMS AFTER THE TIGS TRADED HIM. The pirates are the 5th team he has been on since leaving.

Ok im sorry about the soto......but is he good? The one i never heard of? Furbush? Really? Would you rather have furbush or fister on your team?

I just think your statement was DUMB AS HELL......you said the tigers traded away GOOD TALENT. You gave me furbush. Like i said, look at how many teams grilli has played for....hell the injuns had em last before the tigers did.

Miggy, fister, infante, delmon young, sanchez, sean casey, ajax, scherzer......thats the talent hes has traded for lately....please tell me what GOOD players we gave away.....granderson is the only one i can think of....and he was gonna be too expensive for the tigers and he wasnt the leadoff hitter we needed.

You could of at least brought up the washburn or huff move. Those were considered 2 of the not so good moves he made.

And oh yeah.....please name ONE GM who hasnt made a bad trade....especially one who has gotten the best hitter on the planet, doug fister who has been great with detroit, scherzer, who might win cy young and might start AS game, ajax, who has given the tigers the leadoff hitter they needed, infante, who can hit 300 and play better defense than raburn did at 2B, sanchez who carried us in the playoffs last year to the WS, and has a sub 3 ERA this year, delmon young who is detroits all time HR leader in the playoffs, sean casey who helped us get to a WS in 06, giving us the defensive 1B we needed at the time........and for what? Furbush? .......sorry rolling, your looking like an idiot......