• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug....Verlander isn't the pitcher he was. He still is better than most pitchers.....but...

He could have had Kate Upton last year.

Now that he's putting up some Non-Nintendo numbers, she's out of his league.

Sad...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that the definition of sporadic?

Look howie...you know that Cleaves is mesmerized by everything I say. He will take one sentence out of 30 that I write and try and make out that I am a terrible fan, rotten person, etc. I think he is currently pissed that I don't often post on the Detroit board where he has friends that also seem to think about me, more than normal.

As for Detroit being a .500 team. I am not going to quibble that they have stayed a few games above .500...my point was that they should not be playing win one/lose win baseball - with the talent they have. OK...you are happy with the offense. And I agree that when they are "ON" they score in bunches. I still see Detroit as an incomplete team with some severe holes. As I said - hopefully they have enough to cover their holes and win the division.

Tigers have severe holes? Their bullpen right? News alert EVERY team has holes......bring up any team ill give u a Hole......say the tigers need a catcher? A LF? I say their lineup is fine.....you cant have all 9 starters hitting 300. I can name alot of severe holes the injuns have.....not picking on them, just making a point...

1B? 3B? DH? RF? Starting pitching? Bullpen? Ill take detroits lineup any day over theirs.
Royals have holes
Twins have holes
Sox are swiss cheese.

Jess sayin......even boston has bullpen needs.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What amazes me is that some fans, not singling anyone out, but alot of fans will complain about the Tigers no matter what.. just for the sake of complaining. The truth is, the Tigers scare almost everyone in the league. There is NO pitching staff that wants to pitch to AJax, Torii, Miggy, Prince, VMart, and Peralta 4 times a game. Every lineup gets held down at times, but pitchers no going in that there is 0 margin for error, so they know they have to be on their game, or they get blown up.. simple as that.

The rotation is good, and has several arms in there built for long outings and heavy inning workloads season to season.. quite simply very good durable pitchers. In the pen Benoit and Smyly are excellent relievers. Since the rest of the pen, minus Rondon as he learns the majors, is trash.. that would be why the Tigers are almost certainly going to make moves at the ddadline.

Let's also remember that the 10 over .500 which the Tigers are was built mostly against a very stiff schedule full of league heavyweights. The great majority of the remainder consists of the bantamweights. Come August, watch the Tigers start rolling big-time on into September. Those lesser teams are going to get worn out by that heavy Tigers lineup and strikeout heavy rotation. WATCH FOR IT. But hey, can't please everyone.. why, some people would actually complain about Prince.. not that his 69 rbi are anything that MOST fanbases would spit wooden nickels for, and Heaven forbid if it takes Miggy more than 120 games to pass 130 rbi. *rolls eyes*

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain you prolly argued with him before and dont even know it....he had multiple ID's and he trolled gamecenters. Well enjoy.

I know who he is. Not a bad troll at all compared to Vice. Shoots off a comment or so & leaves. Vice thrives on hanging around for the whole game, making personal attacks & trashing teams & towns. No baseball talk at all unless hes posting Tigers on Tracker. Thanks Ill take the Iffy kind of troll any day of the week

There is NO pitching staff that wants to pitch to AJax, Torii, Miggy, Prince, VMart, and Peralta 4 times a game.

Ajax & Torii are sporadic, & Jhonny Peds wont be in the lineup after the ASG. Biogenesis sanctions coming down...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Detroit being a .500 team. I am not going to quibble that they have
stayed a few games above .500...my point was that they should not be playing win
one/lose win baseball - with the talent they have. OK...you are happy with the
offense. And I agree that when they are "ON" they score in bunches. I still see
Detroit as an incomplete team with some severe holes. As I said - hopefully they
have enough to cover their holes and win the division.

Iffy -- Unlike some others, I do at least try to give your posts a fair shake and not dismiss everything you say because of the source. That said, I did agree with you that the team has holes. "Severe" holes? Not buying it. Their holes consist of SOME pitchers in the bullpen, range at SS/3B (though both Peralta and Cabrera do very well on routine plays, which a lot of infielders in those positions do not do), catcher and team speed. Most teams in the league have way more holes than that.

I was guilty of beating up our offense for not being "clutch" (outside of Miggy/Prince), but I saw this past weekend that the Top 2 teams in the league for 2-out RBIs are Detroit and Cleveland. That's pretty clutch. The Tigers have some strong OBP guys (Miggy, Fielder, A-jax), and when you have that, your LOB count is likely to be above most teams.

The Tigers are 10 games over .500 (not a "few"). They recently completed their longest road trip of the season, and went 7-4. That's better than "win one/lose one". You said at one point that 86-76 will win the ALC. The Tigers only have to go 36-36 ("win one/lose one" pace) the rest of the season to get there. I say they will do better than that, especially with their schedule, and go 40-32 for a 90-72 season. We're really not that far off from each other.

Ajax & Torii are sporadic, & Jhonny Peds wont be in the lineup after the
ASG. Biogenesis sanctions coming down...

A-jax at .289/.363 OBP and Torii at .305. While I have not been completely happy with Torii's propensity to leave runners on base, I'm sure a lot of teams in the league would be happy with "sporadic" players like these.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ajax and Torii may be aporadic AT TIMES, but overall are excellent table setters. Show me a lineup whose 1-2 get the job done EVERY day, but those 2 do hit in the .300 range and are on base an awful lot.. otherwise Miggy and Prince don't have the ridiculous RBI #s which they presently do-- they're obviously knocking in SOMEONE, and it's sure as hell not Avila and Santiago. So, yeah.. I'll take AJax and Torii as table setters 8 ways of Sunday, thank you.

As to Peralta, well, I'm not making any inferrance of his guilt or innocence either way, what I would be saying however, is that IF he is tabbed, one can expect him to apply an appeal which would likely keep him in the lineup the remainder of the season either way you look at it, so..

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the fair shake, howie. I'll admit, I am a ''glass half empty'' person.

On paper the Tigers should be playing well over .600 baseball....with something approaching 60 wins. They aren't and I suppose I do point out their short comings. Where some people point out that they have a 'great' starting pitching staff...I see a NOT great one...but one that has talent 1 thru 5. If that makes me a bad fan (in cleaves mind, I am sure it does)...so be it. If I say that the Tigers are poor at manufacturing runs or that their offense is sporadic...again, to some that makes me a bad fan. It is my opinion....not anything carved on a tablet.

Sadly, some Tiger fan(s) seem to exist only to rant and rave about what I say...pointing out, over and over, what a terrible Tiger fan I am. Oh well....whatever floats their boat.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know who he is. Not a bad troll at all compared to Vice. Shoots off a comment or so & leaves. Vice thrives on hanging around for the whole game, making personal attacks & trashing teams & towns. No baseball talk at all unless hes posting Tigers on Tracker. Thanks Ill take the Iffy kind of troll any day of the week

Ajax & Torii are sporadic, & Jhonny Peds wont be in the lineup after the ASG. Biogenesis sanctions coming down...

No more sporadic than michael bourne.....torii has actually been pretty consistent. I mean, youre talking about the tigers 4th and 5th best hitters on the team....look at other teams 4th and 5th best hitters and tell me if theyre sporadic. Im sure if jhonny gets a suspension, DD will make a move. I cant see this team going forward with santiago at SS. but keep nit picking at the tigers....

Guess you never seen iffy troll the lions game under bereal or something like that. He was JUST AS BAD as vice. Take it for what u want.....just funny the ONE tiger fan u like, isnt even a tiger fan.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the fair shake, howie. I'll admit, I am a ''glass half empty'' person.

On paper the Tigers should be playing well over .600 baseball....with something approaching 60 wins. They aren't and I suppose I do point out their short comings. Where some people point out that they have a 'great' starting pitching staff...I see a NOT great one...but one that has talent 1 thru 5. If that makes me a bad fan (in cleaves mind, I am sure it does)...so be it. If I say that the Tigers are poor at manufacturing runs or that their offense is sporadic...again, to some that makes me a bad fan. It is my opinion....not anything carved on a tablet.

Sadly, some Tiger fan(s) seem to exist only to rant and rave about what I say...pointing out, over and over, what a terrible Tiger fan I am. Oh well....whatever floats their boat.

Wow theres THREE teams in ALL of baseball with a 600 percentage.....one is pitt at exactly 600 and boston is 602. ......i guess with expectations the tigers should be playing 700 baseball. All that means nothing once the playoffs start.....outside of a huge injury to miggy or prince....I GUARANTEE THE TIGERS WIN THE CENTRAL!!!! As dougie would say.....,BOOK IT!

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you never seen iffy troll the lions game under bereal or something like that. He was JUST AS BAD as vice. Take it for what u want.....just funny the ONE tiger fan u like, isnt even a tiger fan.

Chances are Id never see Iffy on the Lions board since I got no reason (or interest) to be on it

& I never said hes the only Tigers fan I like. Most of you guys here are fine - & outside of Vice & Moneybags we Tribe fans usually have good convos with Tigs fans on our glogs

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy -- Unlike some others, I do at least try to give your posts a fair shake and not dismiss everything you say because of the source. That said, I did agree with you that the team has holes. "Severe" holes? Not buying it. Their holes consist of SOME pitchers in the bullpen, range at SS/3B (though both Peralta and Cabrera do very well on routine plays, which a lot of infielders in those positions do not do), catcher and team speed. Most teams in the league have way more holes than that.

I was guilty of beating up our offense for not being "clutch" (outside of Miggy/Prince), but I saw this past weekend that the Top 2 teams in the league for 2-out RBIs are Detroit and Cleveland. That's pretty clutch. The Tigers have some strong OBP guys (Miggy, Fielder, A-jax), and when you have that, your LOB count is likely to be above most teams.

The Tigers are 10 games over .500 (not a "few"). They recently completed their longest road trip of the season, and went 7-4. That's better than "win one/lose one". You said at one point that 86-76 will win the ALC. The Tigers only have to go 36-36 ("win one/lose one" pace) the rest of the season to get there. I say they will do better than that, especially with their schedule, and go 40-32 for a 90-72 season. We're really not that far off from each other.

A-jax at .289/.363 OBP and Torii at .305. While I have not been completely happy with Torii's propensity to leave runners on base, I'm sure a lot of teams in the league would be happy with "sporadic" players like these.

Nice post howie......howie is one of the classier tiger fans. He tells it as he sees it too....also welcome tygerphan.....nice post also......i guess when your the top dog of the division, fans of your rivals will nit pick at anything....like i said before.....show me teams with NO major holes......or a team without sporadic hitters....its baseball.....a sport where if you fail 7 outta 10 times, you are still a 300 hitter.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are Id never see Iffy on the Lions board since I got no reason (or interest) to be on it

& I never said hes the only Tigers fan I like. Most of you guys here are fine - & outside of Vice & Moneybags we Tribe fans usually have good convos with Tigs fans on our glogs

You always talk about vice....i rarely go into gamecenters, but i went in today to check the tiger score. The tigers were losing 5-3 and you should of seen the trolls in there all over the tigers. Just seems childish to me to go in a gamecenter and scroll the same BS over and over. Some of those people need lives. As you bring up vice, i believe every team has fans like that. Now i see why cbs axed the message boards. Gamecenters will be next....some UOFMARSIL guy was in there scrolling over and over about tiger fans crapping pants....tiger starters are crap......are these people 12 or sumthin? Schools out for summer? Nuthin better to do...sad if u ask me. Ill keep my smack talk in here.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But ive seen you in the tigers gamecenter before.....so i figured you might follow the lions too..maybe youre too busy on the steelers gamecenter in football? :doh:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But ive seen you in the tigers gamecenter before.....so i figured you might follow the lions too..maybe youre too busy on the steelers gamecenter in football? :doh:

Only time Im in Tigers gamecenter is if we're playing you (or if I drop by to rub it in - usually only if Vice is around). Squeelers? No way. Browns only :yahoo:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Tiger fans thought the team would walk all over the White Sox....oops. Detroit isn't consistent enough to predict any series - no matter what team they are playing.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Tiger fans thought the team would walk all over the White Sox....oops. Detroit isn't consistent enough to predict any series - no matter what team they are playing.

I already stated the tigs seem to struggle with the lower tier teams.....i expect a 2-1 series win most of the time.....so losing 1-2 to the sox means we have to play well this weekend.....i said it wasnt going to be a walk over the sox......they still have most of their players......i figured we would lose to sale and said maybe the porcello game....i figured we would win 2-1, but JV and the BP let me down....still think we will sweep sox in a series or 2. Once rios is gone, they have nothing.......dunn just seems to kill us....thats why i wanted at least one lefty starter. Still got 16 left with the sox....we will win at least 10 of them.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phils been scouting tigers along with the brewers.....

Hey twins fans.......would you trade morneau for phil hughes? Would the yanks accept? Twins accept? Who would have to throw in what? Seen yesterday yanks r shopping hughes for a hitter....imagine morneau in ny.....he might regain that power stroke. The yanks own minny, but it seems morneau hits well there.

Me myself think hughes is inconsistent and overated.

Was waiting for ventura to get beat up by leyland today.....u know ventura struggles against older guys when it comes to fighting. Tigers been in alot of mix ups lately.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey twins fans.......would you trade morneau for phil hughes?
Nope, by the time the Twins are contending again he will be 29 and he will still be overrated. We need prospects that are still a couple years away, 2015 is when the Twins should be contending again, the Tigers farm system is terrible so their window will be closing by then...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good things for young Tribe pitching staff. Salazar pitched great in ML debut. He has a high 90's fastball and a devastating splitter, hopefully it works out considering he had Tommy John surgery just last year. They should limit hks innings the restof the season I would think.