• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whos in first?

whats in second? Xactly..

ps. if Miggy goes 0 for his next 79 at bats...he will still be hitting .300

30 HRs and over 90 RBIs before AS break..only 3 have done it..
He is on pace for 100 RBIs before the AS game..none have done that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whos in first?

whats in second? Xactly..

ps. if Miggy goes 0 for his next 79 at bats...he will still be hitting .300

30 HRs and over 90 RBIs before AS break..only 3 have done it..
He is on pace for 100 RBIs before the AS game..none have done that.

Scherzer and Miggy and have seasons that very few have done and that being spectacular so far, yet the Tigs are still only up 2.5. They slow up...they move down

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny..calling ajax sporatic. the guy has missed 30 games due to injury.
he still is up there in runs scored. you guy even looked at the numbers before you post???

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still only UP 2 1/2. yes the key word is UP.

they are 10 games ahead of last years pace.. how did that work out for them?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time Im in Tigers gamecenter is if we're playing you (or if I drop by to rub it in - usually only if Vice is around). Squeelers? No way. Browns only :yahoo:

Nothing makes me laugh more than to log in and see captobvious or royals fans talking about me when i haven't been around in days... You need to find something to get your mind off me... Its kinda creepy bro.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know who he is. Not a bad troll at all compared to Vice. Shoots off a comment or so & leaves. Vice thrives on hanging around for the whole game, making personal attacks & trashing teams & towns. No baseball talk at all unless hes posting Tigers on Tracker. Thanks Ill take the Iffy kind of troll any day of the week

Ajax & Torii are sporadic, & Jhonny Peds wont be in the lineup after the ASG. Biogenesis sanctions coming down...

Complete lie... And just so you know... I rarely posted on cbs message boards... Probably 100 times total... I had nothing to do with cbs doing away with them... The only message board i even went on was the al smack talk... And i rarely went there... Maybe posted there once or twice a week last season... Nice try though capto...

As for Peralta... You obviously are clueless... They can suspend him all they want... It will be fought by the union and take months to decide... He won't miss a game this season... If ever.... Did you notice it took two starts before Rick Porcello suspension was settled? Just image something on the scale of the biogenesis... It will take months... I love informing the uninformed.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, by the time the Twins are contending again he will be 29 and he will still be overrated. We need prospects that are still a couple years away, 2015 is when the Twins should be contending again, the Tigers farm system is terrible so their window will be closing by then...

Yeah... Because they are built off the farm... Its called money... Tigers spend it...

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete lie... And just so you know... I rarely posted on cbs message boards... Probably 100 times total... I had nothing to do with cbs doing away with them... The only message board i even went on was the al smack talk... And i rarely went there... Maybe posted there once or twice a week last season... Nice try though capto...

Not talking about the msg boards Vice...talking about Gametracker

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 is when the Twins should be contending again, the Tigers farm system is
terrible so their window will be closing by then...

The core of the Tigers team is 30 or under, including Cabrera, Fielder, Jackson and all 5 starters (6 if you throw in Smyly). They may be without older guys like V-Mart, Hunter and Benoit in 2015, but I think they'll be just fine, especially with Ilitch's open-wallet policy.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper the Tigers should be playing well over .600 baseball....with something
approaching 60 wins. They aren't and I suppose I do point out their short
comings.

Yes, there are a lot of things that go into winning games, not just stats on paper. Gotta get good pitching and hitting on the same day, the offense needs to score consistently and ESPECIALLY score after the 6th inning a little more often, and the bullpen needs to be able to hold 2- and 3-run leads better than they have (especially earlier in the year). Throw in some unpredictable things like JV's 1.35 WHIP and the 3-9 record in extra-inning games (which is really sort of flukey), and that's why they fall maybe 5-7 wins short of where it looked like they might be "on paper". Still, the Tigers are better at this point than they were last season and as long as they beat the teams they SHOULD beat after the break, will be just fine.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nothing makes me laugh more than to log in and see captobvious or royals fans talking about me when i haven't been around in days... You need to find something to get your mind off me... Its kinda creepy bro."

If you want the other fans not to think about you, why do you troll, create numerous IDs making fun of them, and then go on their game glogs? That is not the benavior of one who wants to be ignored. The people now infesting the Tigers glogs are the people that have become angry with Vice. Our mullet... And now Tigers fans want to believe that they are the victims? I feel bad for most Detroit fans on the glogs, vice has made it very juvenile and bitter.. and he paints himself a celebrity. Wow.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers are the class of the division and should win. However, they are not playing well enough to eliminate some average Central teams. Maybe they will turn it on and win by 10-15? Maybe not? But one thing is certain, the Tigers are NOT playing like a World Series contender so far.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be worried about the Red Sox, Rays, Athletics, Rangers, and Angles. Maybe the Indians as well. The Rays and Oakland have really good pitching staffs, I think as good as Detroit. Texas will when healthy. As for bats, many of these teams are a more balanced lineup. No one player is as good as Miggy. Three years ago I did not think so, but he is clearly the best hitter in the league. Fielder and Hunter are playoff worthy. After that, I am not convinced.. V-Mart, Peralta, A-Jax are iffy. The bullpen is not good. Of course, Detroit is better than Minny in all of these categories.. so I can only point out your few faults with envy.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nothing makes me laugh more than to log in and see captobvious or royals fans talking about me when i haven't been around in days... You need to find something to get your mind off me... Its kinda creepy bro."

If you want the other fans not to think about you, why do you troll, create numerous IDs making fun of them, and then go on their game glogs? That is not the benavior of one who wants to be ignored. The people now infesting the Tigers glogs are the people that have become angry with Vice. Our mullet... And now Tigers fans want to believe that they are the victims? I feel bad for most Detroit fans on the glogs, vice has made it very juvenile and bitter.. and he paints himself a celebrity. Wow.

Great post Rolling... Ive said a bunch of times I got nothing against most Tigers fans. Assclowns like Vice & Moneybags have turned many against the Tigers. Theres no reason for personal attacks on a team glog other then attention seeking. Those tools need to grow the fuck up

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. and the Royals have a prayer. They have a few good bats and some SPs with a great pen. Doubtful, but I would not count them out yet. Minnesota you can count out now.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be worried about the Red Sox, Rays, Athletics, Rangers, and Angles. Maybe the Indians as well. The Rays and Oakland have really good pitching staffs, I think as good as Detroit. Texas will when healthy. As for bats, many of these teams are a more balanced lineup. No one player is as good as Miggy. Three years ago I did not think so, but he is clearly the best hitter in the league. Fielder and Hunter are playoff worthy. After that, I am not convinced.. V-Mart, Peralta, A-Jax are iffy. The bullpen is not good. Of course, Detroit is better than Minny in all of these categories.. so I can only point out your few faults with envy.

Those teams don't worry me that much oddly enough. The Tigers usually play well against other league powers. If anything at all, I prefer the Tigers play most of those teams, than yours..Minny is a pain in thr keister to the Tigers win or lose-- especially Mauer, and Willingham in your lineup..and Walters and Deduno from your rotation. Like I said, I'd rather the Tigers play most of the contenders.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams don't worry me that much oddly enough. The Tigers usually play well against other league powers. If anything at all, I prefer the Tigers play most of those teams, than yours..Minny is a pain in thr keister to the Tigers win or lose-- especially Mauer, and Willingham in your lineup..and Walters and Deduno from your rotation. Like I said, I'd rather the Tigers play most of the contenders.

Idk about that. Orioles and Angels are teams you tend to struggle with. Angels still have a ways to go to be a contender though. Not positive but Id guess you guys are about even with Sox over last couple years. They win at Fenway you at Comerica. I know the kitties have had struggles out West so the A's are tough(even last years playoff sereies was a grind). Rangers are a good team too, very good.

I think the Tigers have a lot of teams to worry about.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigrrs are 26-21 against over .500 teams, so where you can cherry pick certain ones the Tigers have had trouble with, I can turn around and point out at many more good teams the Tigers have handled.. not that it matters much what the reg season records are vs individual contenders. October is a different animal altogether, and Detroit has handled themselves well in recent yrs vs AL contenders in the ps, and until other playoff type teams step up and show the Tigers they can no longer play well in October.. which I wouldn't get caught counting any chickens on, then I'm going to expect them to continue doing so, , like I said, I'd much rather watch the Tigers playing most contenders than the Twins.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't cherry pick one thing at all. I took the teams that Rolling mentioned(added the Orioles because Cleaves himself said they are a problem for you) and showed that yes, the Tigers do have to worry about them. And best of all, those teams mentioned sans the Angles most likely are the teams the Tigers will have to beat in October. So in absolutely no way did I cherry pick.

If you would honestly rather the Tigers play the Red Sox than the Twins you seriously have problems that need to be addressed immediately.

Playoff type teams have shown they can beat the Tigers. It's not a bad thing at all, but you are wrong. The Tigers have beaten the Yankees the last couple years but thats it. You lost to Rangers, beat A's in 5 game series with that mental homefield system used last year.

Nothing supports the outrageous statement that to facing a team playing Jamey Carroll and Clete Thomas to the freaking Red Sox.