• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U guys gotta know iffy.....hes a lions fan who got banned from their page.....hes a tiger fan whos walking on thin ice on the tigers boards. Cbs didnt police trolling, but this site does.....so hes more mellow, BUT still hated on the tigers boards.....he calls himself "the straw".......as in stirring the pot.

As this is a smack talk thread for ALL the AL central teams, i dont get mad for what he posts in here, since its not a "tiger" board......but i look at him as more of a fan of whos playing the tigers on the down low....he enjoys when they lose....he runs on the tigers boards and blames miggy, prince and JV....This is the same guy that stuck up for raturd, inge, lamont, and leyland......all the parts "most" tiger fans hated....so before u guys love what iffy is saying, just remember hes really a fan of all your guys teams, since he enjoys the tigers losing......

Take it for what u want....iffy is the exact polar opposite of dougie. So im sure u guys will love him in here. He actually belongs in here instead of the tiger boards.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He absolutely would hit 5th for the Tigers or at the very least 6th. Position wise it would be tough. As they don't need an upgrade there. But based on production he is easily the 5 hitter on the Tigers.

Power is coming on a bit. Hope he has some value for pitching here late. Yanks may want him, Idk what they got to offer though.

I disagree....id rather have martinez then morneau NOW.....and thats the thing....he cant play 1st or DH for the tigers. Morneau hasnt been the same for some years now. If twins could get sumthin for him, it would be great.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting the 2013 season, the 'faces' of the Tigers were Cabrera, Fielder, and Verlander. The big problem was closer/bullpen.

Two out of the three 'faces' are mis-firing....and the closer/bullpen issue has not been solved. I know that, eventually, all failure will be laid at Jim Leyland's doorstep...it is S.O.P. for baseball fandom. However, I hope that, if the Tigers do fail.....whether it is at the division level or in the playoffs....that some fans are smart enough or perceptive enough to realize that Leyland would not be the key component to any failure.

Right now Detroit is no better than a .500 ball club. Of Course they should be better than that. But, quite simply, this is a one man offensive show with sporadic support from other players. The starting pitching is currently struggling....even Scherzer is not "lights out". The bullpen depth is awful and the closer situation feels like they are on a "fingers-crossed" gambit. The infield defense is porous, team speed is terrible, and sometimes even basic fundamentals seem lacking. Has Leyland hurt the club? IMO, no more than he has helped them. He plays ''big inning' ball on a team that is built for that. Does he mis-manage the bullpen? He has....but I don't think he is any worse than a large group of managers that still cling to the old "setup man/closer" routine - when they don't have the consistency in the pen to do that.

I've been saying for months....the Tigers will do the same thing as last year....they will not pull away from Cleveland or the Royals and will need some help come September (i.e. - their division rivals will have to struggle as much as they do).

Theyre 9 games over 500. How could they be a 500 team? Injuns are better than a 500 team now. If the tigers played in any other division, maybe id be worried.....the last few years, wins and losses in the regular season meant nothing as long as you made the playoffs. If detroit had won last night, everything would be great eh? After last year, im not getting too excited or too down after a game or 2. Detroit has still won 6 out of 9.....reading this you would of thought they just lost 6 out of 9.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander gets shit on!!!

Dougy where was that late game HEART????

He was looking good til the 8th.....i didnt understand after rios singled in a 1-1 game and dunn coming up why leyland didnt go to the pen for a lefty....everyone here in chicago knows dunn cant hit a lefty....just like in detroit we ALL know avila cant hit leftys AT ALL........NEVER!!! But yet leyland started him vs a lefty last night....on top of starting a 22 AA 2nd baseman, playing in his first MLB game....leyland didnt do any favors for JV......leyland expected JV to win it by himself last night. 1-0 or 2-1 fashion.....just think with the rookie in there, pena should of been catching. Was pretty much 2 outs back to back evertime.

But its only one game and the tigs still have to face sale tomorrow....hopefully sox scored all their runs last night for the series.

It all means nothing anyways.....leyland would had brought coke in instead of smyly.....he uses smyly in blow outs...it does seem like everytime the tigers get home from a long road trip, they play like sit the first game.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"this is a one man offensive show with sporadic support from other players"

This is dumb....a one man offensive show?

Ajax has been decent
Hunter has been better than expected
Prince has 66 RBI's......hes not a 300 hitter.....plus he walks alot
Vmart started out slow, but is picking it up and has 40 plus RBI's
Peralta is at the top of hitting SS's
Infante has been around 300 all year, and hes our ninth hitter

So yeah i guess dirks and kelly and avila havent been great.....but tuey and pena have been bright spots.

Tigers problem has been hitting when men are on.....or double plays....outside of miggy, they struggle in the clutch and sit back and wait for the big 3 run HR.

Just dont see the tigers as a ONE MAN OFFENSIVE show......not many offensive line ups better than the tigers from top to bottom....just think if the BP didnt blow so many games. This team COULD be around 15 games over. Hopefully by playoffs DD will fix that.....smyly and benoit are the only guys i trust.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U guys gotta know iffy.....hes a lions fan who got banned from their page.....hes a tiger fan whos walking on thin ice on the tigers boards. Cbs didnt police trolling, but this site does.....so hes more mellow, BUT still hated on the tigers boards.....he calls himself "the straw".......as in stirring the pot.

As this is a smack talk thread for ALL the AL central teams, i dont get mad for what he posts in here, since its not a "tiger" board......but i look at him as more of a fan of whos playing the tigers on the down low....he enjoys when they lose....he runs on the tigers boards and blames miggy, prince and JV....This is the same guy that stuck up for raturd, inge, lamont, and leyland......all the parts "most" tiger fans hated....so before u guys love what iffy is saying, just remember hes really a fan of all your guys teams, since he enjoys the tigers losing......

Take it for what u want....iffy is the exact polar opposite of dougie. So im sure u guys will love him in here. He actually belongs in here instead of the tiger boards.

Iffy is a guy that sees things as they are...sees the weaknesses in his team...& talks about it. Better a guy like that then a bonehead homer moron like dougie... So Iffy disagrees with the majority of Tiger fans. So what? Hes entitled to his opinion. From what I saw on cBS & see here MOST fans disagree about players, managers & their overall worth

Pretty sure we've all done our share of trolling/shit stirring - whatever you want to call it. Im not welcome on the Daily Thread b/c yrs ago there was a bonehead Redsox homer moron I insulted up the ass & back. She decided I was 'trolling' her & set her goon squad on me. Got her butt buddy Admin Chan involved & banned me. All the Redsox guys thought I was the bad guy b/c she was a chick & blackballed me. But hey - if your going to shoot off your mouth (especially if your dont know WTF your talking about or its just blind homerism) be prepared to take shit whether your a guy or gal

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"this is a one man offensive show with sporadic support from other players"

This is dumb....a one man offensive show?

Ajax has been decent
Hunter has been better than expected
Prince has 66 RBI's......hes not a 300 hitter.....plus he walks alot
Vmart started out slow, but is picking it up and has 40 plus RBI's
Peralta is at the top of hitting SS's
Infante has been around 300 all year, and hes our ninth hitter

Thank you, Cleaves. Just because no one on the Tigers comes close to Miggy's contributions (few in the league do), it doesn't mean that they don't contribute. Scoring runs has not been a problem for the Tigers, except that they seem to score in bunches then take a couple days off (1 or 2 runs). That and good starting pitching has gotten them to 9 game over .500, and 19-12 in the ALC. And they are done playing all of the AL West in their stadiums. Cleveland still has to make the swing to OAK, LAA and SEA. The Tigers get a favorable schedule down the stretch. I still see them as a 90-win team, and no one else in the division will win that many. Flaws on the Tigers? Yes. But they are better than a ".500 team".

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree....id rather have martinez then morneau NOW.....and thats the thing....he cant play 1st or DH for the tigers. Morneau hasnt been the same for some years now. If twins could get sumthin for him, it would be great.

Thing is. Based purely off what can be given now. He would play DH for the Tigers. He's more productive than Vmart and due to his ability to play first he would spill Prince a lot and probably flat out take his job and make Prince the DH. Improves your crappy defense as well. Just sayin.

Agree with you about Verlander. I think he was kept in because of the bullpen woes. I was just bashing the start because I love giving Doug shit. It was just the 1 inning that did him in. I wish the Twins could even be privileged to have a starter make it to the 8th before imploding.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TIGERS WIN!!!!!! Pocello...are #5 pitcher gave thenm a good chance to win..and they did. the kid is doing great for us. he now is a 500 pitcher...how many teams wish there #5 starter was this good???

Verlander went 7 1/3 only giving up 2 ERs...and you call that shitty??? don't forget..he left with 2 runnners on...and AL AL couldn't get any body out..so those runs were counted against JV...

I would have posted last night...but I was accused of having no life and always on here to point out the facts to you.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers at 50 wins...10 games before last year.
Miggy,Prince and V Mart all had 3 hits.

iam sure mr hockey will find some thing to find fault with...
Benoit got his 7 save in 7 trys. Vote for Benoit!!!!!!!

don't forget that dirty slide against Infante up in Toronto.He is on the DL.. Santiago stepped up and has done a fine job.. thatswhat you see on the great teams...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb Doug strikes again!!! Verlander gave up 5 Earned Runs.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he went 7 innings hahahaha

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL AL helped with 2 of those runs son.
I guess you don't read the box scores much.

I can see you are still a little worried. worried about that new red wing roster..

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many runs did the Tigers score for him in those 7 innings?

great bounce back win tonight. Tigers were so tired coming back from the longest road trip of the year.
bats were sluggish(no pun intended)...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL AL helped with 2 of those runs son.
I guess you don't read the box scores much.

I can see you are still a little worried. worried about that new red wing roster..

don't try and twist this on me. YOU didn't read the box score.

He went 7 innings have up 5 ER. Not 7 1/3 and not 2 ER. He LEFT the game having already gave up 3 ER and then Al gave up 2 inherited.

So even saying that...your 2 ER in 7 1/3 is still wrong lol.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, Cleaves. Just because no one on the Tigers comes close to Miggy's contributions (few in the league do), it doesn't mean that they don't contribute. Scoring runs has not been a problem for the Tigers, except that they seem to score in bunches then take a couple days off (1 or 2 runs).

Isn't that the definition of sporadic?

Look howie...you know that Cleaves is mesmerized by everything I say. He will take one sentence out of 30 that I write and try and make out that I am a terrible fan, rotten person, etc. I think he is currently pissed that I don't often post on the Detroit board where he has friends that also seem to think about me, more than normal.

As for Detroit being a .500 team. I am not going to quibble that they have stayed a few games above .500...my point was that they should not be playing win one/lose win baseball - with the talent they have. OK...you are happy with the offense. And I agree that when they are "ON" they score in bunches. I still see Detroit as an incomplete team with some severe holes. As I said - hopefully they have enough to cover their holes and win the division.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves.... You were bitching on the other board that "it seems" like I am not posting when the Tigers win...only when they lose. Well....I've got dougie to do the after the win cheer leading. But I'm here.

Tigers won today, a little sloppy leaving runners on, and Rondon joining the stink parade from the bullpen...but they picked up a game. AND...Fielder contributed, in his usual sporadic way.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug....Verlander isn't the pitcher he was. He still is better than most pitchers.....but...

I wonder, if he is still pitching like he has this year, two years from now, if Tiger fans will think he is worth the $25+ million he is getting each year?

It is the same with Porcello. He is making $5 million this year. For what he has produced, that seems a little high. And what happens over the next couple of years when arbitration raises his salary higher? Will a .500 pitcher with a 4.50-5.00 ERA be worth $8-9 million?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that the definition of sporadic?

Look howie...you know that Cleaves is mesmerized by everything I say. He will take one sentence out of 30 that I write and try and make out that I am a terrible fan, rotten person, etc. I think he is currently pissed that I don't often post on the Detroit board where he has friends that also seem to think about me, more than normal.

As for Detroit being a .500 team. I am not going to quibble that they have stayed a few games above .500...my point was that they should not be playing win one/lose win baseball - with the talent they have. OK...you are happy with the offense. And I agree that when they are "ON" they score in bunches. I still see Detroit as an incomplete team with some severe holes. As I said - hopefully they have enough to cover their holes and win the division.

One sentence? You bash the tigers with your sarcasm every day........iffy is an arizona diamondback fan who trolls the tigers boards. The good tiger fans dont like him. Im not talking about the ones u guys love to hate like dougie and vice.....the guys who actually talk tiger baseball and dont try and just argue to argue....

Mesmerized? Lol. I go for days not posting on the tigers board. You came in here and followed me here. Just like u have stalked themuzzer for 2-3 years. The only reason you slowed down is because the guys running things on here have warned you...and asked some of us tiger fans about you....i dont cry and report. This is just entertainment to me. I was just letting others know, dont get you mixed up as being a tiger fan....iffys just mad because they wont let him use more than one screen name on here. You should of seen when he used to respond to his own post with his 2nd ID.

But like i said.....iffy fits in here well.....just remember hes not a tiger fan....hes a dback fan. Captain you prolly argued with him before and dont even know it....he had multiple ID's and he trolled gamecenters. Well enjoy.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves.... You were bitching on the other board that "it seems" like I am not posting when the Tigers win...only when they lose. Well....I've got dougie to do the after the win cheer leading. But I'm here.

Tigers won today, a little sloppy leaving runners on, and Rondon joining the stink parade from the bullpen...but they picked up a game. AND...Fielder contributed, in his usual sporadic way.

See always negative......they scored 8 dam runs......rondon came in and gave up 2 runs when we were up by 5. Thats what mop up pitchers do. As long as leylands not putting him in in a tie game in the 9th were ok..

10 games over 500....