• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why is Verlander an All Star?

Cuz Leyland is the manager of the AS team. Personally, I hope he stays home....Leyland won't use him in the game, since Scherzer will start.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander is all star...because.... hard work ,skill,and HEART..plus a 99mph fast ball, a slider, great curve ball. and also a change up... any more question????

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tigers win again.. Tigers bat are red hot... another QS for a tiger pitcher.
oo by the way. Tigers lead the leafue in Q starts in the AL..Tied with Philly for the best in all of MLB..
not to mention Tiger pitchers on recored pace to set the all time strike outs by a pitching staff..
but hey... its a team stat. right??????
BAAHHWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug....I believe a quality start is 6 innings.

I'll admit - the Tribe REALLY needs to win on Sunday. They get Scherzer on Monday, with Infante returning too. To have any chance, the Indians have to stay above .500 and not get too far behind. Detroit has another slump or two in them before the season is over. Clev or KC can't be 7 or 8 games behind when they occur.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug....I have a question. If you look at Verlander's (more) peripheral stats...you will see that they are borderline "All-Starish". Not saying he isn't good...but his ERA and WHIP are not outstanding this year. I can easily see why fans of other teams might consider him a "manager's" pick and that other pitchers might be just as worthy. As I mentioned, I'd prefer to see JV develop a mild groin injury, after his next start....or have him pitch on the Sunday before the break, so he can't pitch.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true. but his so so year is some teams ACE.
Leyland is rewarding him for his past.... cant blame him there.
the point is moot. verlander is pitching on sunday. Leyland wont let any starter who pitches on sunday..pitch in the all star game. so this is just a tip of the hat to the former CY YOUNG and MVP and ACE of the Tigers... Verlander is getting back to form. the second half will show this.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true. but his so so year is some teams ACE.
Leyland is rewarding him for his past.... cant blame him there.
the point is moot. verlander is pitching on sunday. Leyland wont let any starter who pitches on sunday..pitch in the all star game. so this is just a tip of the hat to the former CY YOUNG and MVP and ACE of the Tigers... Verlander is getting back to form. the second half will show this.

I thought I read that Verlander might pitch on that Sunday. I think he should stay home and relax.

Interesting article at cbs about the Tigers getting 6 guys in the AS game. A lot of people screaming that Leyland screwed a lot of other players by taking 6 of his. Actually, the fans picked Cabrera and Scherzer pretty much has to start on the mound, and Peralta, Hunter, and Fielder were listed on the players picks. So they only PURE Leyland pick was Verlander. (and he put Benoit on the internet voting thing - and he has 0 chance to be voted in)

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
benoit wont get picked. all other deserve to be on the team.
not like when Yankees were winning and Torre stacked the all star line up with Yankees.

if Austin Jackson didn't missed 30 days..he might be on the team to. Fielder is the only Tiger you can say maybe he shuldnt be on the team this year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tigers win again.. Tigers bat are red hot... another QS for a tiger pitcher.
oo by the way. Tigers lead the leafue in Q starts in the AL..Tied with Philly for the best in all of MLB..
not to mention Tiger pitchers on recored pace to set the all time strike outs by a pitching staff..
BAAHHWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Uhh, actually ya those are team stats you idiot. you just said your self the Tigers TEAM leads in QS and on a pace to break all time PITCHING STAFF record.

You actually should just talk to yourself and continuing proving yourself wrong. Saves us sane people the trouble.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If justin masterson is an all star............well then.....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lead the leafue in Q starts in the AL..Tied with Philly for the best in all of MLB..

Holy Hannah, you gotta be kidding me!

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing funnier then Vice getting completely owned on Tracker

MAN cbs slammed the door soon as the game was over

:bump2: :hdn: :laugh3:

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz Leyland is the manager of the AS team. Personally, I hope he stays home....Leyland won't use him in the game, since Scherzer will start.

because he has had a good career

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Holland should be on the team

Strikes out 43% of his hitters this season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both bullpens suck. Cle or Det wont be contending if the BP's keep this shit up! :mad:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane...contending for what? Division title? If you are talking WS....that is a crap shoot. The hot team will take that...since I don't see a real dominant team in either league.

BIG game for Detroit Monday. Scherzer will see and feel pressure for the first time this season. A loss by the Tigers means they wasted those two wins to start the series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane...contending for what? Division title? If you are talking WS....that is a crap shoot. The hot team will take that...since I don't see a real dominant team in either league.

BIG game for Detroit Monday. Scherzer will see and feel pressure for the first time this season. A loss by the Tigers means they wasted those two wins to start the series.

Won't be contending in playoffs. Whoever wins division, bc by te looks of it right now a wild card isn't coming from the AL Central.

I hope Scherzer gets rocked and shows he is overrated. Then he will fall apart in the All-Star gane and in the second half of the season.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCHERZER should break one off in the Indians tomorrow...but hey its all only a team stat right?????????? over rated shane ?? BAAWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

max is dealing it... why is it so hard to give him his props???

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians sneak out a win. breaking the Tigers win streak against the tribe. it was a 8 game winning streak. Miggy was just being Miggy. He is on pace to break the all time RBI record.

shame the Tigers lose this game. after coming from being down 4 runs... which showed HEART..
the bull pen give it up. AL AL who has looked better...looked bad by walking a few before he got raked.
walks also hurt the tribe in this game to.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
;ot of talk about IFFYs boy Leyland.
why he didn't go with Smyly instead of AL AL....

what reallys bugs me. When some one from the bull pen comes in. and its clear he isn't getting no body out. Leyland just sets there intill the guy has already blows the game. why didn't he yank AL AL after he walked the first 2 batters????????