• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant imagine anybody but Vice would be doing that Iffy. Your one of the nicest guys on here

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only got 1 person on Ignore. Vice

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the conversation about vice is taking place, anyone whos spent 2 minutes talking with him knows hes a moron, lets move on shall we?

Twins in '15

Was a busy night for me so I don't even have the slightest clue how the Twins game went. Just know we one.

Anyways Nos, I was curious what you thought of the Wolves draft. I saw nothing of the draft tonight. Typically I am a huge college bball fan and watch the NBA playoffs. So, while I know pretty much every college player inside out I am admitting a bandwagon wolves fan. If were interesting, I watch. Personally I love the trade. Shabazz Muhammad's stock was dropping at one point for a few things but his talent is through the roof a area of need. Getting Dieng too seems like gold.

Not sure how much you follow the wolves Nos but I was wondering what you thought/what the talk has been because I havn't heard shit but it sounds like Flip is ready to fucking go.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pal steveringo would probably recommend "crucifixion" for miami mice (thanks
Monty Python)...

"Always look on the bright side of life ... "

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I will tell you right now that I believe that the Tigers will be sorry after
about 2015 with what they have left of his career when they are still on the
hook for the rest.

Can't buy into this line of thinking on Fielder until/unless he starts missing some games. The guy plays hard and plays EVERY DAY. Yeah, his HR are a disappointment so far, but he's got 60 RBI and hits nearly .400 after a Cabrera walk. The thinking that because of his body type he'll be done in 2.5 years has no tangible evidence to support it, based on his career so far.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towner.....the "social" aspect of this board (ditto with cbs gametracker) can get very "involved". You need to ignore some posters and watch your back for others. I have several Tiger posters who tattle on me to the administrators here.....they even got me banned from the Lions board, BEFORE I even joined sportshoopla. I would not be surprised if you get (maybe 'got'?) PMs from one or two to suggest that you should "not respond" to me. One of them spent time today calling me dirty, insane, a liar...etc, etc.....for jokingly suggesting that the Tiger players were in a hurry to get today's game over quickly....in order to get to Tampa's nightlife quicker.

:noidea:

You were joking but the Tigers did play like they were in a hurry to get out of town yesterday Iffster...

:yahoo:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice better beware at this site....I have received two messages from administrators to warn me that I have gotten several complaints and that I am on 'thin ice' here. What is odd is, the ones who dislike me the most, supposedly have me on 'ignore'.....so I wonder how they find out about the 'awful' stuff I post? lol

What is really funny is that as terrible as they think I am...they have never experienced an attack by Vice! Compared to him....my actions are as irritating as a gnat's.

From what I've seen vice won't be around here long.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigertowner68. Good to see. I like a friendly debate more than the next guy. I loved the CBS Message Board, maybe too much. As a teacher my summers tend to be very free, I am on sports sites a lot. I am a PT farmer, otherwise doing nothing. I loved arguing about Joe Mauer's contract with Tigers fans. Most of them I respect. I do not even hate Vice, he is getting his needs met in his own way. I just hold him responsible for the loss of CBS, that's all... my Twins are terrible this year, I have never said otherwise. Gardy gets a lot out of a little, I think. But 6 1/2 games out, even with our paltry squad, we are still in it. Miggy goes down and/or JV, and we could catch the Tigers. Our starters are not the worst in the league (close).

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, maybe we have the worst starters. Our bullpen is not the worst. And we have Joe Mauer.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post illustrates why you are good in my book mr.hockey. I am a Tigers fan. You are a Twins fan and your team is having a tough time.

The Tigers have become the cream of the crop in the weak AL central. Not long ago, it was the Twins.

But after all is said and done, when your team struggles and you are frustrated...it matters little if your team is in first or last.

I know because I probably bitch more about the Tigers now than you do about the Twins.

In fact, I think I bitch more today about the Tigers than in 2003 when we lost 119 games.

Because I knew we were not going to get anywhere then. Now the Tigers have a real chance to be a memorably successful team. But these windows can close quickly!

I know what your talking about. I remember the great days of tram n lou but i also remember the 03 year when losing was expected. Made me mad i couldnt enjoy baseball past april. I just remember praying for the day when july would roll around and the tigers would at least have a shot than being 25 games out. I wanted games that meant sumthin in august. Thats why people that say making a WS dont mean anything, i disagree. I do get more mad now, because more is at stake than when we had teams expected to lose. Now if i had never witnessed the tigers win the WS like i have never seen the lions win, i would take it a little harder when they lose the WS. but i know how hard it is to win a WS. Only one team can win a year.

I respect fans like hockey and rolling who still follow their teams during the "rebuilding" mode, because i remember trying to stay happy when the tigers would trade a cecil fielder or jeff weaver for prospects. Then you just pray and hope you have the next great star somewhere in your system. Ive been on both sides. The hunted or first place favorite. And the bottom of the division trying to rebuild to a championship contender.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't buy into this line of thinking on Fielder until/unless he starts missing some games. The guy plays hard and plays EVERY DAY. Yeah, his HR are a disappointment so far, but he's got 60 RBI and hits nearly .400 after a Cabrera walk. The thinking that because of his body type he'll be done in 2.5 years has no tangible evidence to support it, based on his career so far.

Its because hes fat howie.....i was one of the ones who were happy to get fielder. Imagine our offense with victor protecting miggy this year. Its part of baseball. Sign stars to long contracts. They get bigger and bigger because the owners make more and more every year. Inflation. Imagine contracts in another 10-15 years. 400 million? Besides if the tigers suck in 5 years some desperate team will take him off our hands. While we would pay sumthin still. Thats just the business of baseball. You find bad contracts on every team.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why im happy tigers play in the central. Get swept and only lose a game. So glad the angels are done with us. I hope they domt make the playoffs. Orioles and angels are 2 teams that scare me in a playoff series. They both play very well against the tigers.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why im happy tigers play in the central. Get swept and only lose a game. So glad the angels are done with us. I hope they domt make the playoffs. Orioles and angels are 2 teams that scare me in a playoff series. They both play very well against the tigers.

Angels are such a disappointment because you can just see the potential. Solid lineup and while the pitching has been bad, they have solid pitchers so its mind boggling. Series like the one vs the Tigers should happen far more often for them rather than being swept by the Astros.

Orioles are also a tough squad. If they get some pitching at deadline they are a big threat.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the angels to make the WS against the nats lol......not looking good for that one. But i did predict before the season started that the tigers would trade for papelbon at the trade deadline. Chi sox puttin up a 5 spot on bauer.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland responds with 5 of their own in the second.

Tigers recall Rondon

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways Nos, I was curious what you thought of the Wolves draft.

I don't understand not drafting a shooting guard, it is easily their biggest need unless of course Flip has a trade cooking we don't know about. I like Shabazz but worry he could be a little streaky, he should be able to score some but he needs to work on his outside shot. Dieng is a pretty good defender but we ain't gonna get many points from him. Even though Brown is a point guard I liked the pick and think he was a steal that late in the draft. Dublejevic or whatever won't ever play for the Wolves.

We didn't get the 2 guard we needed, damn Pistons stealing Pope right in front of us! I like Brown but how many PG's do we need, maybe Barea or Ridnour are on their way out of town? If I had to grade the draft I would think C maybe C+ I just think a team as close as the Wolves are to making noise in the west have to get Pope no matter what they had to trade, maybe Derrick Williams can get us a SG.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great doubleheader! Wish I would of saw the 1st 16 runs of the 1st game and the last 4 of the 2nd game. :L

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great doubleheader! Wish I would of saw the 1st 16 runs of the 1st game and the last 4 of the 2nd game. :L

I saw all that. Took a power nap when rain delay started & woke up during the 8th at godforsaken in the morning. Some DH...wow

Grats to Scherzer on the 12-0. Helluva accomplishment! :clap:

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what your talking about. I remember the great days of tram n lou but i also remember the 03 year when losing was expected. Made me mad i couldnt enjoy baseball past april. I just remember praying for the day when july would roll around and the tigers would at least have a shot than being 25 games out. I wanted games that meant sumthin in august. Thats why people that say making a WS dont mean anything, i disagree. I do get more mad now, because more is at stake than when we had teams expected to lose. Now if i had never witnessed the tigers win the WS like i have never seen the lions win, i would take it a little harder when they lose the WS. but i know how hard it is to win a WS. Only one team can win a year.

I respect fans like hockey and rolling who still follow their teams during the "rebuilding" mode, because i remember trying to stay happy when the tigers would trade a cecil fielder or jeff weaver for prospects. Then you just pray and hope you have the next great star somewhere in your system. Ive been on both sides. The hunted or first place favorite. And the bottom of the division trying to rebuild to a championship contender.

:10:

Well said Cleaves. You do get mad more often when your team is a contender because a lot more is at stake. But it beats losing 119 games!

The thing is, now, as a Tigers' fan, you are genuinely excited with anticipation for each game.