• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tig fans already giving up...LOL Hard day in Detroit...huh?

2.5 now

Tigers were 39-42 at the midway point last year and made it to the WS. Scoreboard watching in June means little, unless you are the White Sox and double-digits back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers were 39-42 at the midway point last year and made it to the WS. Scoreboard watching in June means little, unless you are the White Sox and double-digits back.

No kidding, but can't help it I watch every Indians game. I take it day by day.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland is still hanging around on September 1, I'll be following inning by inning. But in the grand scheme, I just feel like the Tigers need to get to 90 wins and let the rest take care of itself.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland is still hanging around on September 1, I'll be following inning by inning.

Hell sometimes its so bad I cant even watch my team for a whole game. Swear our BP is trying to give us all a collective stroke :L

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
howie...90 wins might be a little high. I think whatever AL Central team can put up 86 wins will take it. Ten games over .500.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland is still hanging around on September 1, I'll be following inning by inning. But in the grand scheme, I just feel like the Tigers need to get to 90 wins and let the rest take care of itself.

This Tigers team is going to make the playoffs thanks to their starting rotation and the shabby teams in the AL Central.

What happens after is anyone's guess. Who in the AL has a better chance of representing it in the World Series?

Let's look at the contenders (or near contending pretenders...)

Cleveland is the only team in the Central with any chance at 88 wins (what I think it will take to win the Central). But bullpen issues and inconsistent SP will likely prove a killer.

Boston has pitching issues both starting and relieving. A healthy Clay Buckholz will help a lot, but Jon Lester looks dreadful. Felix Doubront and Ryan Dempster are having poor seasons. Who'd have thought John Lackey would be the most reliable SP going into July. The only bullpen that comes to mind with a faster spinning revolving door are the aforementioned Tigers and Indians.

Baltimore has the bullpen covered, can score a lot but has possibly the worst starters of all the contenders in the AL.

New York Yankees have been doing it with mirrors so far. Except for Robinson Cano and the great Mariano Rivera, who is really having a good season in the Bronx?

Tampa Bay has good pitching (despite a sinking Matt Moore, a shaky Jeremy Hellickson and the concussed Alex Cobb) to go with a spotty offense. Can Will Myers make a difference? A dangerous team if it makes it to the playoffs, particularly if David Price returns and is his old self.

Toronto. Can they make it after righting a terrible start? I think that the Blue Jays fall short, again because of a leaky starting rotation. Josh Johnson and R.A. Dickey will have to enjoy a consistent second half or the team will fall out of the mix.

Oakland continues its remarkable propensity to do more with less. Bartolo Colon will win the Cy Young (LOL). They must be a co-favorite with the Rangers in the West.

Texas needs someone in the rotation to produce behind Yu Darvish. Why do I get the feel that this outfit will be a clone of the 2011 Red Sox?

Los Angeles Angels wish they could play Detroit either at home or away every day. But no team has done less with more. Jered Weaver needs to get it in gear now that he is back. Josh Hamilton the same. Odds are not good.

Seattle just has too many overall holes. I love Felix and Hisashi Iwakuma in that rotation. That and an emerging and underrated Kyle Seagar give hope for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
howie...90 wins might be a little high. I think whatever AL Central team can put up 86 wins will take it. Ten games over .500.

Yep. We are definitely the 'weak sister' in the AL

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now is the time for Cleveland to make a small move and get close to Detroit. They have lost 3 in a row at home and they head out for a road trip. Clev needs to close that gap and see if Tigers can rebound, while playing on the road. With a little luck....Det and Clev might be neck and neck by the end of the weekend.

Let's see how the Tribe responds?

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there is MiamiVice. How many tens of hundreds of IDs do I need to look for on sporthoopla for you, or is it just one this time? DOn't you need a couple dozen to attack people? Oh wait, that was just CBS. Running my mouth off, how did I exactly do that? You troll about how bad the Twins are, I respond, and I am running my mouth off? Could it be that the other fan who said I "lit you up" upset you. You went on and on about how fans are bandwaggoners in Cleveland, TB.. and I responded Detroit was 26th and 27th in attendance in 2002-3, when you won about 100 games in 2 years. Then, you made fun of the Twins being nearly eliminated by Selig for attendance, I pointed out that Selig's family ownership in nearby small market Milwaukee was why... My only "attack" has been to question the value of JV's contract, something you did with Mauer for over a year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is BP trying to fuck up for the Tigs. Shit, our BP sucks too.

At least we get the druggie back.

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there is MiamiVice. How many tens of hundreds of IDs do I need to look for on sporthoopla for you, or is it just one this time? DOn't you need a couple dozen to attack people? Oh wait, that was just CBS. Running my mouth off, how did I exactly do that? You troll about how bad the Twins are, I respond, and I am running my mouth off? Could it be that the other fan who said I "lit you up" upset you. You went on and on about how fans are bandwaggoners in Cleveland, TB.. and I responded Detroit was 26th and 27th in attendance in 2002-3, when you won about 100 games in 2 years. Then, you made fun of the Twins being nearly eliminated by Selig for attendance, I pointed out that Selig's family ownership in nearby small market Milwaukee was why... My only "attack" has been to question the value of JV's contract, something you did with Mauer for over a year.

:agree:

Well Hills, where do I begin?

I'll just leave it at this.

I am as big a Tigers fan as you will ever meet. Your posts are well thought out, objective and interesting. The Twins were the "model" franchise that Dave Dombrowski would tell you he'd love to emulate himself.

Anyone taking offense with your comments is a total moron. Mauer's contract is a legit point of contention, just as J.V.'s is. Prince Fielder's contract is ridiculous in my mind. I love the guy. But I will tell you right now that I believe that the Tigers will be sorry after about 2015 with what they have left of his career when they are still on the hook for the rest.

Here is to one ID and open-minded posting.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone taking offense with your comments is a total moron.

That would be MiamiVice. Biggest troll/instigator on cBS in yrs. Now hes bringing his 'talents' to SportsHoopla :finger:

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins back to being embarrassing. At least Mauer and Arcia keep hitting. Only care about them anyways.

Clete Thomas keeps getting little knocks to keep respectable numbers. Fool idiots like Gardy making him look like hes worthy of PT.

News flash, he sucks at baseball. Watch him play.

The post illustrates why you are good in my book mr.hockey. I am a Tigers fan. You are a Twins fan and your team is having a tough time.

The Tigers have become the cream of the crop in the weak AL central. Not long ago, it was the Twins.

But after all is said and done, when your team struggles and you are frustrated...it matters little if your team is in first or last.

I know because I probably bitch more about the Tigers now than you do about the Twins.

In fact, I think I bitch more today about the Tigers than in 2003 when we lost 119 games.

Because I knew we were not going to get anywhere then. Now the Tigers have a real chance to be a memorably successful team. But these windows can close quickly!

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be MiamiVice. Biggest troll/instigator on cBS in yrs. Now hes bringing his 'talents' to SportsHoopla :finger:

Sorry to see this type of activity following its way here from CBS.

My pal steveringo would probably recommend "crucifixion" for miami mice (thanks Monty Python)...

So its crucifixion for the interloping bastard...

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to see this type of activity following its way here from CBS.

My pal steveringo would probably recommend "crucifixion" for miami mice (thanks Monty Python)...

So its crucifixion for the interloping bastard...

Go back a few pages & read his shit, Towner. Instigates, blows shit out of proportion, taunts, harasses & trolls...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the conversation about vice is taking place, anyone whos spent 2 minutes talking with him knows hes a moron, lets move on shall we?

Twins in '15

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towner.....the "social" aspect of this board (ditto with cbs gametracker) can get very "involved". You need to ignore some posters and watch your back for others. I have several Tiger posters who tattle on me to the administrators here.....they even got me banned from the Lions board, BEFORE I even joined sportshoopla. I would not be surprised if you get (maybe 'got'?) PMs from one or two to suggest that you should "not respond" to me. One of them spent time today calling me dirty, insane, a liar...etc, etc.....for jokingly suggesting that the Tiger players were in a hurry to get today's game over quickly....in order to get to Tampa's nightlife quicker.

:noidea:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Iffy. Thats bullshit whats happening to you. Some folks should learn to chill & develop a sense of humor

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice better beware at this site....I have received two messages from administrators to warn me that I have gotten several complaints and that I am on 'thin ice' here. What is odd is, the ones who dislike me the most, supposedly have me on 'ignore'.....so I wonder how they find out about the 'awful' stuff I post? lol

What is really funny is that as terrible as they think I am...they have never experienced an attack by Vice! Compared to him....my actions are as irritating as a gnat's.