• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figure what out, hockeyboy? Why the Twins pay a slap hitting catcher slugger type money?

Hitting .336 with 8 homers and 24 doubles. NEXT.

Could be the same reason the Tigers are paying sinking velocity starting pitcher legendary money to pitch once every 5 days less efficiently than Kevin Correia.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuppies risk their pansy asses going through the inner city?? :omg:

I love how idiots like captobvious think the area the stadiums are in is a bad area. There is more money around the downtown stadiums in Detroit than anywhere in downtown Cleveland. You can only laugh at a guy that thinks cleveland is in any better condition than detroit... similar unemployment... similiar debt... ran down houses for sale everywhere... the only difference is Detroit has a winning tradition... and Cleveland doesn't. Seriously.... Capto.. why don't you do everyone a favor and go tell your opinion of Hispanics to a group of Puerto Ricans in downtown Cleveland on your way to your next game? Oh wait.. you don't go to games... you post on CBS every day instead for free. I will make you a deal... I will buy you a ticket to one of the games the Indians play the Marlins if you promise to tell all the Hispanics in Miami your opinion of them. Games are in August.. I am serious.. of course.. :hdn: is frowned apon here in Miami.

Indians fans don't bother me for the most part... there are not enough of them to do any damage... more than half the Indians stadium fills with Tigers fans when they play.... Same with Royals fans... I can respect twins fans to a certain degree. White sox fans even get some respect from me. The only fan base in the AL Central that is a complete joke is the Royals.... They need to just eliminate that team or move it to a place where fans will actually pay to enjoy them... I think the mudhens attendance is around the same as the royals.

Oh and capto... if you don't take me up on my offer... thats fine... But just remember that :sadbron: left Ohio for Miami... and he isn't coming back any time soon... Just like the Indians winning the AL central... aint happening anytime soon.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be the same reason the Tigers are paying sinking velocity starting pitcher legendary money to pitch once every 5 days less efficiently than Kevin Correia.

Kevin Correia eh? Yeah, he's got a bright future. You're the same dipshit that spent years babbling about how Verlander wasn't an ace right? Good insight.... For guy who's head is stuck up his ass.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8 hr and 24 doubles half way through is supposed to be impressive for someone making 20mil? Seriously... every AL central team is praying to god Verlander keeps struggling.. knowing he won't. Name a starting pitcher that went 15 years without a bad month or two... I'm waiting.... If Verlander ends the year with an era of 4.5 and wins less than 10 games.... but he wins in the playoffs and gets the tigers a WS title... will anyone care about his regular season stats? Because I would rather see him dominate in the playoffs than be out of gas by the time they start just to show off to idiots like you.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll still win 16, 17 or 18 this year anyway. Won't be a starter other than Chris Sale who does that outside of another Tigers starter. Hell.... There probably won't be another central starter who matches his innings or Ks either. Aside from another Tigers starter of course. (Shields....possibly)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Correia eh? Yeah, he's got a bright future. You're the same dipshit that spent years babbling about how Verlander wasn't an ace right? Good insight.... For guy who's head is stuck up his ass.

Did I say Kevin Correia has a bright future? Just showing that Verlanders numbers are on par with Corriea's lol and you are paying him how much?

At least Mauer destroys Avila's numbers.

And I have never at any time said that Verlander is not an ace. I have been on the AL Central boards for years and the only thing I have said is that Felix Hernandez is better than him and presented the case with MikeD. LOL. Keep reaching fool.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live in Missouri, right Shanie?

What is your definition of a bandwagon fan?

Too bad the Tribe could not take advantage of a Tiger loss. Good teams do that.

:nod:

Missouri...LOL

Cheering fkr the creqm of the crop, and you aren't REALLY a fan. That is Vice for ya.

I seriously can't believe an Indians fan is talking about bandwagoning... Seriously... the royals and indians are on the bottom of the league in attendance... almost yearly.. indians used to sell out... why don't they anymore.. its called bandwagoning. Can you stop:hdn: for a few minutes to realize what you type?

I guess you don't know the definition of a bandwagon fan, but you still are one.

I on the other hand, have watched the Indians ever since I was a youngster through thick and thin. Used to go to games all the time when I lived there. Now I live 20 hrs a way.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice show idiots like me what? I didn't say anything. Actually on here I have said multiple times that people who jump on Verlanders starts are foolish. At least get your story straight.

Fact is if you are going to bring up contracts. Verlander is overpaid along with Mauer and many, many other players.

At least Joe is a All Star on his contract.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone thought that maybe Verlander is trying to actually save some for the post season this year instead of pushing himself meaninglessly to win awards he already won?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Avila is horrible, and makes 500k, what's your point?

I think the point is simple. In a sport with no salary cap guys are going to have huge years making bad(Trout) money or good/solid money(Mauer/Verlander) etc...

Then they will be rewarded for those years of producing above worth with big contracts. ALL teams have that player. Verlander, Mauer, Pujols, Hamilton, shit King Felix is even overpaid and hes pitching like a boss. It is the sport.

Mauer is an All Star any way you look at it and at least trumping his minimally paid competition. As of now(very early into his contract) Verlander is blending in while contributing 1/5 days.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avila was an All-Star too.... Even though he's awful.

This where you guys got lucky. He had his fluke year far away from contract time. Now he won't be mistakenly overpaid when he is pure trash.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone thought that maybe Verlander is trying to actually save some for the post season this year instead of pushing himself meaninglessly to win awards he already won?

Yeah, highly doubt that. You don't just let your ERA raise to 3.90 hoping that you will have more left in the tank because of it in October. Verlander would absolutely lose it at that suggestion.

He's throwing far more off speed pitches and it isn't working right now. He will probably figure it out at somepoint but the numbers he got paid for probably will never return....like most players.

His playoff numbers leave some to be desired.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marlins owning us again. Mauer and Arcia with 5 hits and a walk between them.

Really cannot wait for the next couple years when the calvary joins these boys. They need help.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you don't know the definition of a bandwagon fan, but you still are one.

I on the other hand, have watched the Indians ever since I was a youngster through thick and thin. Used to go to games all the time when I lived there. Now I live 20 hrs a way.

'Since you were a youngster'????? SHANEO...you're only 13! So you've been watching the Indians for...what?....5 years?

:L

We already know that you know zip about Cleveland Indian history.

:lol:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri...LOL

Cheering fkr the creqm of the crop, and you aren't REALLY a fan. That is Vice for ya.

OK.. SHANE... are you retarded? How am I a bandwagon fan. I am a Tigers fan.. have been since I was about 5... I have been on CBS boards since they started having them... as any of these clowns can confirm... I have always posted as a Tigers fan... so please... tell me again how I am a bandwagon fan? YOU :hdn:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously... Is this shane guy really 13? I actually may feel bad if he is. I have pubes that have been a tigers fan longer than shane has been able to think about baseball if that is the case.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This where you guys got lucky. He had his fluke year far away from contract time. Now he won't be mistakenly overpaid when he is pure trash.

We didn't get lucky. As I said, Avila is awful. Only reason hes on the roster is his father. If anything that nice half season of his screwed us into having far too many poor halves after. But you're right, there will be no big payday for Lil' Al, not after this year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rollinghills on the marlins/twins gamecenter blowing his hole... funny... they just got swept by the worst team in MLB and he still runs his mouth.