• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jackson's strikeout rates are much higher and his SB percentages much worse....(although I didn't realize Gardners k's were higher than I thought but no where near Jackkkkson's)...beyond that they are almost identical.....With those two areas, I would take Gardner over Jackkkkson, every day of the week til they retire not even mentioning Gardner hits lefty and Jackkkkson righty so Gardner gets more lefty righty match ups...(unless one enlists in the PED program and hits an Elsbury like 30 bombs one season)

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shall I remind you alls down in KC what AL Central team just went to 3 straight ALCSs?

lets face it..even as DD has made this Tiger team weaker..we just have to throw out ours mitts and we win the central.

word is..and you can quote me...Tigers are working hard to get David Price.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can quote you? Hilarious, what exactly do the Tigers have the Rays would want? And shouldn't they be more concerned with adding a bat? There is more of a chance Price is traded to the Twins than the Tigers and there is no chance of that. Classic stuff Dougie...

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shall I remind you alls down in KC what AL Central team just went to 3 straight ALCSs?

lets face it..even as DD has made this Tiger team weaker..we just have to throw out ours mitts and we win the central.

and thats why I love ya dougie...now that is a funny and even classic line...hilarious and in a good way...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The tigers have made themselves weaker this offseason. The division is wide open. Mlbtraderumors has them interested in e santana. WHYYYY??? Why trade fister for garbage then turn around and sign a lesser starter. Its mindboggling.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THURSDAY: The Tigers have "serious" interest in Chamberlain, according to ESPN's Buster Olney ([ame="[MEDIA=twitter]411178461428842496[/MEDIA]"]on Twitter[/ame]).

Please sign Joba.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers to sign Joba the Gut. Contract said to be one year $3mil.

Let the jokes begin.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, meaningless stats...aka doesn't want to use actual stats...

an AL Central smack talk thread means usually only 1 team competes for a WS...so I guess only what 1 team should chat in the AL Central smack talk thread...lol...maybe it should be the White Sox since they actually won a WS in the last decade...maybe the Twins since they seem to have a few rings in the last couple of decades....

Yes, your just a step ahead of Vice...well before he got hauled off in the jacket.

but hey, maybe this year will be the Tigers year, lol

When did the twins win in the last 2 decades?

I dont understand what youre saying about the al central smack talk thread....this thread is to smack talk for the season in the al central....it always has been....usually turns to hockey college hoops and other things in the offseason....but hey maybe the royals will actually play a game that means something....soon.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson over Gardner? I have to hear why on this...Jackson post seasons have shown exactly who he is against good to great pitching and not the years of feasting on AL central pitching.

Al central pitching?

I though the royals were the ERA kings...white sox strength is their pitching...:laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can quote you? Hilarious, what exactly do the Tigers have the Rays would want? And shouldn't they be more concerned with adding a bat? There is more of a chance Price is traded to the Twins than the Tigers and there is no chance of that. Classic stuff Dougie...

No chance tigers get price.....gonna get joba the hutt instead of crain.....not liking the offseason.....we will see..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ Tigers pen

Lol @ Benoit thinking he is worth 10M

LOL@ Joba the Hut

Sure would like benoit back.......dont trust rondon to be a big part for 2nd straight yr.....dont care for krol.....still stuck with coke......but yeah, detroit will upgrade the pen.....

Benoit is one of the best set up men......he needs to realize that......hopefully the starters get us a 4th straight division, but this team has taken a step back...fans wanted speed and defense upgrade....they got what they wanted.....but THIS TEAM WILL MISS FIELDER INFANTE PERALTA AND FISTER.....

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky for cleaves, he will be able to more closely follow the White Sox and Cubs this year. With the Tigers not following cleaves game plan (It involves All-Stars at each position and a team salary over $200 million), he will enjoy watching those much improved White Sox! Hey, they resigned Konerko and added Adam Eaton!!! World Series bound and picking up steam.....go get 'em Sox!

:lol:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the Tigers are in on Ervin Santana?? Head scratcher to be sure. If Detroit signed Santana I would have to imagine Max is gone!

As much as I like Max I am thinking 20+ million a year for 10+ years is an awful lot for a pitcher.

Not a huge fan of the Joba signing as he looks to be breaking down. The 2.5 incentive laden contract is ok but still with guys like Crain available why take a chance on an injury prone guy?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The tigers have made themselves weaker this offseason. The division is wide open.

The Tigers are weaker in the bullpen, until/unless DD makes some other moves. On offense, they lost two guys who hit .300 last season (Peralta and Infante), but those guys really aren't .300 hitters. They lost a 100-RBI man in Fielder. But they upgraded speed and defense tremendously. How many net runs will that be worth next season? I call it a wash.

The big head-scratcher is the Fister deal, which puts us behind last year's team overall... again, until/unless DD makes some other moves.

On the other hand -- I don't see that any ALC team other than the Twins has gotten noticeably better than last season, so far. And for the Twins, Phil Hughes and Ricky Nolasco make them better only because their starting pitching was the pits last season.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the Tigers are in on Ervin Santana?? Head scratcher to be sure. If Detroit signed Santana I would have to imagine Max is gone!

As much as I like Max I am thinking 20+ million a year for 10+ years is an awful lot for a pitcher.

Not a huge fan of the Joba signing as he looks to be breaking down. The 2.5 incentive laden contract is ok but still with guys like Crain available why take a chance on an injury prone guy?

:agree:.......said the same thing about crain, but someone tried to make me sound dumb for wanting him, since hes not signed by someone by now..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers are weaker in the bullpen, until/unless DD makes some other moves. On offense, they lost two guys who hit .300 last season (Peralta and Infante), but those guys really aren't .300 hitters. They lost a 100-RBI man in Fielder. But they upgraded speed and defense tremendously. How many net runs will that be worth next season? I call it a wash.

The big head-scratcher is the Fister deal, which puts us behind last year's team overall... again, until/unless DD makes some other moves.

On the other hand -- I don't see that any ALC team other than the Twins has gotten noticeably better than last season, so far. And for the Twins, Phil Hughes and Ricky Nolasco make them better only because their starting pitching was the pits last season.

But we didnt run away with the division last year either.....if the injuns would of did something.......just maybe.......well, it is cleveland.....the city that is against winning....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure wish that iffy/ronnie stalker would stop following me everywhere responding to everything i say.....at least i can always run to the lions board and get away from jerry sandusky 2.0 since hes banned in there.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Cleveland, you are letting all your good SP's scurry off to other teams. That's cool and all to go young, I get it, but you're not winning anything without some proven guys.