• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously don't understand all this talk about the Twins going after Garza, the reason he was traded is because he didn't get along with Gardy and Anderson and unfortunately for Twins fans those two are still with the club.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just lovin it so far

Aoki
Boni
Hosmer
Butler
Perez
Gordon
Cain
Moose
Escobar

against

Davis
Kinsler
Miggy
Vmart
Hunter
Nicky C
jackkkkson
Avila
Inglesias

that is after taking the Tigers for the season last year with a worse lineup...going to be a fun year.

The Sox, Indians and Twins need to pick it up soon...lot of FA's still out there

Starting early eh?

I mean, one of these years, you have to be right....i would think....

Same talk from last year....no matter what KC or Det does.....you will see it in KC favor anyways.....gonna like to see how KC pitching is going to be this year.....alot riding on vargas and guthrie.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the tigers starting pitching blows KC away.....the lineups are closer now since prince, peralta and infante are gone.....the wild card will be nicky C. ....i dont have faith in hitting prospects....but the starting pitching will be the strength once again.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers were 14th in payroll in 2006......

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time KC EVER went to the playoffs 3 straight years....

Yup keep blaming the budget.....A's seem to be doing fine.....pirates made it.....diamondbacks have made one...

DD made the playoffs in year 4.......

Tigers werent spending big back then....we would have to overpay for one free agent.....first it was pudge....and then it was mags....,2 players nobody wanted because of their age and the tigers overpaid to make sure they came to detroit....

Like i said the 2006 tigers werent a team of high paid players...

Granderson
Polanco
Monroe
Inge
Guillen
Casey
Maroth
JV
bonderman
Robertson
Zumaya
Rodney

Where was the big budget players? Pudge, mags, and maybe k rogers?

Like I said at the begining.....fluke or not...lol...feel free to spin it however you wish....1 in 9 years

well when the Royals and Moore hit years 10, 11 and 12 when DD and the Tigers did it, we will see what happens...Miggy should be injury prone and bat speed slowing down around then...could be just some fun years...

Spin away Sir Mix Alot.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the tigers starting pitching blows KC away.....the lineups are closer now since prince, peralta and infante are gone.....the wild card will be nicky C. ....i dont have faith in hitting prospects....but the starting pitching will be the strength once again.

yes, getting rid of Fister, should give the Tigers the chance at actually beating the Royals ERA title they won last season...lol...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting early eh?

I mean, one of these years, you have to be right....i would think....

Same talk from last year....no matter what KC or Det does.....you will see it in KC favor anyways.....gonna like to see how KC pitching is going to be this year.....alot riding on vargas and guthrie.....

As will you always with the Tigers glasses on...it won't change either nor would I expect it. You will just use stats that make the Tigers look better and not all of the info....its pretty expected and consistant from just a small group of Tigers fans, but hey thats why they call it "fans"...its all good.

if you can't deal with other AL Central fans..heard the Tigers Board likes to stroke each others ego's, all things Tigers of course.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said at the begining.....fluke or not...lol...feel free to spin it however you wish....1 in 9 years

well when the Royals and Moore hit years 10, 11 and 12 when DD and the Tigers did it, we will see what happens...Miggy should be injury prone and bat speed slowing down around then...could be just some fun years...

Spin away Sir Mix Alot.

Not spinning anything....just wondering if the royals EVER have made 3 straight playoffs?

I like how its 1 in 9......not it took him 4 yrs...or he has 4 playoffs in 12 years.....but for some reason, you chose 9 years? Ok i guess.....

Just make the playoffs once instead of the wait til next year or this is our year talk.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, getting rid of Fister, should give the Tigers the chance at actually beating the Royals ERA title they won last season...lol...

Spin it again.....

Find me one person besides you that thinks KC STARTING PITCHING was better than detroits last year...

So the ERA title couldnt get you into the playoffs? Guess thats not a great stat to lead eh? Need that starting pitching to last 162 games......maybe if you EVER make the playoffs again, the bullpen will come into play....

Max, JV, sanchez, smyly, porcello....

Kc cant even come close to that.....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As will you always with the Tigers glasses on...it won't change either nor would I expect it. You will just use stats that make the Tigers look better and not all of the info....its pretty expected and consistant from just a small group of Tigers fans, but hey thats why they call it "fans"...its all good.

if you can't deal with other AL Central fans..heard the Tigers Board likes to stroke each others ego's, all things Tigers of course.

Okay, Infante has been one of the better 2B (can play 3rd even! if Moose falls on his face) for the past couple of years. I hope you realize that Infante would solve allot of Lineup problems KC has currently. As of right now, there is a real possibility that KC could start the lineup with 3 lefties where a Loogy could possibly wreak havoc on the lineup later in games. Do we really want to be punked by some scrub who can only get Lefties out?

Lineup:

Aoki
Infante
Hosmer
Butler
Gordon
Perez
Moose
Cain
Esky

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not at all....i think the tigers took a step back.....but what has KC done? Vargas? Aoki? Thats the solution?

We dont make up stats like you did on here last year.....we just see who makes it AND wins the AL central.....since this IS an AL central smack talk page....

Since this thread was started only minny detroit and the sox have won and been able to claim AL CENTRAL CHAMPS!

But yet we have our fair share of injun and royal homers...bums and captain edit always talking shit as their team fades awwwwwwway......but at least injuns did play ONE playoff game last year...still waiting on KC to join the party.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Infante has been one of the better 2B (can play 3rd even! if Moose falls on his face) for the past couple of years. I hope you realize that Infante would solve allot of Lineup problems KC has currently. As of right now, there is a real possibility that KC could start the lineup with 3 lefties where a Loogy could possibly wreak havoc on the lineup later in games. Do we really want to be punked by some scrub who can only get Lefties out?

Lineup:

Aoki
Infante
Hosmer
Butler
Gordon
Perez
Moose
Cain
Esky

Moose infante is a good hitter....crushes fastballs......he needs to stay away from the off speed....but when the count gets in his favor......he smashes......i think detroit will miss him unless nicky c hits.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all....i think the tigers took a step back.....but what has KC done? Vargas? Aoki? Thats the solution?

We dont make up stats like you did on here last year.....we just see who makes it AND wins the AL central.....since this IS an AL central smack talk page....

Since this thread was started only minny detroit and the sox have won and been able to claim AL CENTRAL CHAMPS!

But yet we have our fair share of injun and royal homers...bums and captain edit always talking shit as their team fades awwwwwwway......but at least injuns did play ONE playoff game last year...still waiting on KC to join the party.

Duffy and Ventura will make or break this rotation, period. Vargas and Guthrie's only job is to eat innings and let the BP win the game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose infante is a good hitter....crushes fastballs......he needs to stay away from the off speed....but when the count gets in his favor......he smashes......i think detroit will miss him unless nicky c hits.

Getz War -.1
Infante War 3.1

Tells me all I need to know why I would want Infante, oh, and we would avoid Bonifacio hitting 2nd which would be a disaster in the making.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duffy and Ventura will make or break this rotation, period. Vargas and Guthrie's only job is to eat innings and let the BP win the game.

Not talking shit to you moose....hard to talk about your team when someone acts like they are the greatest every year and detroit is the worst every year.....but yet kc has failed to sniff playoffs, while detroit has been to 3 straight....

On the tigers board i took flack for saying if the tigers dont find a legit 5 hitter and 2 more BP pieces, KC might slide by them with a lil luck this year(pitching).......i want rajai to leadoff even tho his OBP isnt great......but id rather have kinsler bat 5 to help protect miggy.....but ill take our chances with our starters too.....gonna be a different team with the speed they have added....now go get jesse crain

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit was 3rd in ERA behind KC.....Thats 0.16 behind thanks to a very shitty bullpen....but like i said, ill take our starting 5 anyday.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking shit to you moose....hard to talk about your team when someone acts like they are the greatest every year and detroit is the worst every year.....but yet kc has failed to sniff playoffs, while detroit has been to 3 straight....

On the tigers board i took flack for saying if the tigers dont find a legit 5 hitter and 2 more BP pieces, KC might slide by them with a lil luck this year(pitching).......i want rajai to leadoff even tho his OBP isnt great......but id rather have kinsler bat 5 to help protect miggy.....but ill take our chances with our starters too.....gonna be a different team with the speed they have added....now go get jesse crain

Understandable, now if only we could develop our own SP's and I wouldn't be so meh about this club. Duffy and Ventura need to step up. They can't be as bad as Davis and Mendoza... one would hope anyways given how talented Duffy and Ventura are.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not spinning anything....just wondering if the royals EVER have made 3 straight playoffs?

I like how its 1 in 9......not it took him 4 yrs...or he has 4 playoffs in 12 years.....but for some reason, you chose 9 years? Ok i guess.....

Just make the playoffs once instead of the wait til next year or this is our year talk.....

Not winning a World series in 30 years makes sense that you can talk...hey, next year might be your year...lol...love when the Tigers fans think making the playoffs is the same as winning a world series but I guess if you have 119 loss season...it is exactly like winning a world series...

lol, you have only known me, according to you, 1 year? wtf is "every year" , again making shit up...too funny

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not winning a World series in 30 years makes sense that you can talk...hey, next year might be your year...lol...love when the Tigers fans think making the playoffs is the same as winning a world series but I guess if you have 119 loss season...it is exactly like winning a world series...

lol, you have only known me, according to you, 1 year? wtf is "every year" , again making shit up...too funny

Do you really want to have "fun with Dayton Moore quotes night."

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit was 3rd in ERA behind KC.....Thats 0.16 behind thanks to a very shitty bullpen....but like i said, ill take our starting 5 anyday.

Your top 3 are undeniable, but any pitchers can be your 4 and 5 and nothing would be different...(unless its Hochavar as a starter, then its a disaster)