• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are suppose to be one of the teams interested in Eric Chavez. He'd make an excellent backup at third and first. Chavez said that his decision on where he signs will be balanced between amount of playing time he'd get and his chances at post-season play. However, with Kelly re-signed and Lombardozzi and Dirks or Davis, and a young catcher already on the bench.....I don't know if there is room. They might need to trade Kelly to Jim Leyland's senior softball team to make room.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the rumor true that UM head coach, Brady Hoke, has not eaten since the announcement that the Wolverines will play at the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl? I could see him standing on the sidelines with a bucket of wings.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are suppose to be one of the teams interested in Eric Chavez. He'd make an excellent backup at third and first. Chavez said that his decision on where he signs will be balanced between amount of playing time he'd get and his chances at post-season play. However, with Kelly re-signed and Lombardozzi and Dirks or Davis, and a young catcher already on the bench.....I don't know if there is room. They might need to trade Kelly to Jim Leyland's senior softball team to make room.

I seen 8 teams interested in chavez and detroit wasnt listed......i hope they dont sign him, since we were already trading fister to save money:noidea:.......why would we pay him millions to play 60-70 games? We got DK for one million to do that. Besides we have DK, back up catcher, lombardozzi, and davis now on the bench.....no room for chavez.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the rumor true that UM head coach, Brady Hoke, has not eaten since the announcement that the Wolverines will play at the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl? I could see him standing on the sidelines with a bucket of wings.....

That was definitely a rumor........hoke? Not eating? Yeah right.....

Hes gonnnna eat regardless.....he might even wear a headset for this game....that way he can order more wings at will....he looks like a garlic parmesan type of guy...with a gallon of bleu cheese.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well moose....brett anderson to the rockies?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen 8 teams interested in chavez and detroit wasnt listed......i hope they dont sign him, since we were already trading fister to save money:noidea:.......why would we pay him millions to play 60-70 games? We got DK for one million to do that. Besides we have DK, back up catcher, lombardozzi, and davis now on the bench.....no room for chavez.

A two year deal back loaded would fit with Detroit losing V Mart and Hunter next year…maybe.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is now a White Sox sighting...

1st - getting Eaton to go with DeAza and Garcia
2nd - could be signing Uribe

The Indians showing a bit of life again...

Could see Chaves going to Braves, Rangers or even Aroids replacement,

Ichiro - to the Royals? as a 4th OF incase Cain doesn't drink more milk.

Nice grab by the Rockies...glad Anderson at least went to the NL if not becoming a Royal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice grab by the Rockies...glad Anderson at least went to the NL if not becoming a Royal.

Ichiro to the Royals would be so stupid it would be the 9000th strike on Dayton Moore. We have like 6 outfielders already. Please, no more.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, thought you would like that one Moose...

In even worse news....Felipe Paulino signs with the White Sox for under $2 mil, yet they are talking about putting $5 mil Luke Hoch back in the rotation.....should have saved 3 mil right there.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ichiro to the Royals would be so stupid it would be the 9000th strike on Dayton Moore. We have like 6 outfielders already. Please, no more.

and now finally 2 that can play a whole season and can hit .300...lol

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad that white sox sighting is a bad one.....here in chicago alot of fans are complaining about getting another CF while giving up a decent lefty....this after a year where their big move was getting keppinger....

I wouldnt trust ichiro at all....let him be NY's problem.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A two year deal back loaded would fit with Detroit losing V Mart and Hunter next year…maybe.

Id rather save the money for a FA once they leave....our bench is pretty set this year....

I dont know.....just not feeling chavez...i guess he would be insurance if nicky C is bad.....but if thats going to happen, the tigers will be in trouble regardless.....alot riding on nicky c with the loss of 3 big bats in the lineup.

I say....save the money for after this year.....we will know about our LF and 3b issues by next year at this time. Tigers will either be set for the future at 3B or in the market for one. This will be dirks last chance i hope....dirks doesnt bother me when the rest of your lineup is stacked..

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad that white sox sighting is a bad one.....here in chicago alot of fans are complaining about getting another CF while giving up a decent lefty....this after a year where their big move was getting keppinger....

I wouldnt trust ichiro at all....let him be NY's problem.

thought the White Sox big move last year was getting Av Garcia? he is going to be a hitting machine the way he has already hit at such a young age.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9000 strike??? are you kidding me...Dayton has revamped the Royals in 7 years, even with the high budget DD has in Detroit, it took him 9 years....

guess you didn't see the 20 years before Dayton came along...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals need:

2B

bench players that can hit LHP with one of them being able to play 3rd base.

Rotation arms- possibly done

2014: Shields, Vargas, Guthrie, Duffy, Ventura

2015: Vargas, Duffy, Ventura, Zimmer, Guthrie

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought the White Sox big move last year was getting Av Garcia? he is going to be a hitting machine the way he has already hit at such a young age.

I was talking about the off season.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9000 strike??? are you kidding me...Dayton has revamped the Royals in 7 years, even with the high budget DD has in Detroit, it took him 9 years....

guess you didn't see the 20 years before Dayton came along...

9 years? DD took over as GM in 2002 and made the WS in 2006......also not with a team of paid superstars.....granderson, JV, monroe, casey, inge, guillen, zumaya, bonderman, robertson, maroth polanco all played big roles on that team.....mags and pudge were the overpaid stars.