• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers interested in kemp and joba the hutt i see.....dipodgers willing to eat alot of kemps salary...

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 years? DD took over as GM in 2002 and made the WS in 2006......also not with a team of paid superstars.....granderson, JV, monroe, casey, inge, guillen, zumaya, bonderman, robertson, maroth polanco all played big roles on that team.....mags and pudge were the overpaid stars.

then didn't make it back to the playoffs for 4 more years before there was consistant years...so the playoffs 1 in 9 years (real or fluke doesn't matter)...like I said Moore has 2 years to get in once to equal him...then the Royals would have to keep it together for a few years to match him...with much less payroll budget.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers talking dodgers about Kemp. NLers cant hit AL pitching.

iam glad Royals think they got better and might be able to stay on the Tigers coat tails..for at least till June.
If the White sox don't improve...Tigers just might walk away with this division early

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some here still think DD is a great GM...
that Fister trade didn't hurt in the eyes of you so called experts.

Joba the bum to Detroit? the Yankees would love that. no thanks

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got to love the sports anchors in KC. He refered to the basketball team as the GAYHawks..

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers talking dodgers about Kemp. NLers cant hit AL pitching.

iam glad Royals think they got better and might be able to stay on the Tigers coat tails..for at least till June.
If the White sox don't improve...Tigers just might walk away with this division early

:L:doh::L (no comment needed)

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals emerging as favorites to grab Infante according to MLBtraderumors.

That would surprise me as New York has money to spend after losing Cano. The Beltran and McCann signings barely dented their budget.

Icharo is a .250 hitter without the speed and ability to steal bases like he did earlier in his career. If the Yankees don't pickup about 75% of that contract no team should be looking to add him.

Jesse Crain? Dave D you eed a great bullpen if you plan on playing more 4-3 games.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then didn't make it back to the playoffs for 4 more years before there was consistant years...so the playoffs 1 in 9 years (real or fluke doesn't matter)...like I said Moore has 2 years to get in once to equal him...then the Royals would have to keep it together for a few years to match him...with much less payroll budget.

Man there you go again spinning it.....he made the playoffs.....who cares if he was consistent. Moore has NEVER made them.....not to mention the tigers lost 120 games in 03 then made the playoffs 3 yrs later....how can moore get in once to equal him? That wouldnt be consistently, getting in once......that wouldnt be making the playoffs as fast as DD did........but spin it how you want....not many teams make the playoffs 4-5 yrs straight.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9000 strike??? are you kidding me...Dayton has revamped the Royals in 7 years, even with the high budget DD has in Detroit, it took him 9 years....

guess you didn't see the 20 years before Dayton came along...

It said it took DD 9 years......nothing about winning consistently......what 9 year range are you referring too? ......2006-2015? 2002-2011........you make no sense.....DD took over in 02.....DD made playoffs in 06..... Made again in 2011, 2012, 2013........ Wheres that 9 yr span?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some here still think DD is a great GM...
that Fister trade didn't hurt in the eyes of you so called experts.

Joba the bum to Detroit? the Yankees would love that. no thanks

I love DD.....But i hated the fister trade....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals emerging as favorites to grab Infante according to MLBtraderumors.

Would be a great pickup, but i remember one KC fan on here that said.....

Bonafacio > infante Last year......wonder if infante becomes a royal if that changes...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would surprise me as New York has money to spend after losing Cano. The Beltran and McCann signings barely dented their budget.

Icharo is a .250 hitter without the speed and ability to steal bases like he did earlier in his career. If the Yankees don't pickup about 75% of that contract no team should be looking to add him.

Jesse Crain? Dave D you eed a great bullpen if you plan on playing more 4-3 games.

Would rather have crain anyday over joba the hutt

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man there you go again spinning it.....he made the playoffs.....who cares if he was consistent. Moore has NEVER made them.....not to mention the tigers lost 120 games in 03 then made the playoffs 3 yrs later....how can moore get in once to equal him? That wouldnt be consistently, getting in once......that wouldnt be making the playoffs as fast as DD did........but spin it how you want....not many teams make the playoffs 4-5 yrs straight.

Moore just has to make a playoffs 1 time in 9 years...you can play spin it however you want...DD went once in 9 years...its not hard to count 1 out of 9...

You spin it to make Tigers/DD look brilliant, even though they have a higher budget...but hey the budget doesn't matter...got it.

Moore has DD's budget and freedom to make trades...neither you nor I can say if Moore could have done it 5 years or not...because Moore didn't even come close to having the kind of money and freedom DD did...can't even compare the two remotely fairly.

4-5 years straight? Tigers haven't, that would be 3 and seem to be riding their 2014 chances on Dirks and a rookie all of a sudden and if they don't do something soon...unless they are banking on a closer making up the games which could be possible and probably might work.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.285, 179 ab's, 16 sb's for the royals and even a better DWar than Infante

what did Infante do after the Royals got Boni? I forget.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just lovin it so far

Aoki
Boni
Hosmer
Butler
Perez
Gordon
Cain
Moose
Escobar

against

Davis
Kinsler
Miggy
Vmart
Hunter
Nicky C
jackkkkson
Avila
Inglesias

that is after taking the Tigers for the season last year with a worse lineup...going to be a fun year.

The Sox, Indians and Twins need to pick it up soon...lot of FA's still out there

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore just has to make a playoffs 1 time in 9 years...you can play spin it however you want...DD went once in 9 years...its not hard to count 1 out of 9...

You spin it to make Tigers/DD look brilliant, even though they have a higher budget...but hey the budget doesn't matter...got it.

Moore has DD's budget and freedom to make trades...neither you nor I can say if Moore could have done it 5 years or not...because Moore didn't even come close to having the kind of money and freedom DD did...can't even compare the two remotely fairly.

4-5 years straight? Tigers haven't, that would be 3 and seem to be riding their 2014 chances on Dirks and a rookie all of a sudden and if they don't do something soon...unless they are banking on a closer making up the games which could be possible and probably might work.

When was the last time KC EVER went to the playoffs 3 straight years....

Yup keep blaming the budget.....A's seem to be doing fine.....pirates made it.....diamondbacks have made one...

DD made the playoffs in year 4.......

Tigers werent spending big back then....we would have to overpay for one free agent.....first it was pudge....and then it was mags....,2 players nobody wanted because of their age and the tigers overpaid to make sure they came to detroit....

Like i said the 2006 tigers werent a team of high paid players...

Granderson
Polanco
Monroe
Inge
Guillen
Casey
Maroth
JV
bonderman
Robertson
Zumaya
Rodney

Where was the big budget players? Pudge, mags, and maybe k rogers?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.285, 179 ab's, 16 sb's for the royals and even a better DWar than Infante

what did Infante do after the Royals got Boni? I forget.

Like i said......why is KC going after infante then?