• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start!

Royals GM Dayton Moore says he feels ‘like we’ve won the World Series’ after going 86-76 and missing playoffs for 28th straight year

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not winning a World series in 30 years makes sense that you can talk...hey, next year might be your year...lol...love when the Tigers fans think making the playoffs is the same as winning a world series but I guess if you have 119 loss season...it is exactly like winning a world series...

lol, you have only known me, according to you, 1 year? wtf is "every year" , again making shit up...too funny

Yup i figured the not winning the WS would come up...

THIS IS AN AL CENTRAL SMACK TALK....

For the season in the central for the race for the division.....once the playoffs start, thats a whole different thing.....being a KC fan i understand, thats all you have....that 85 WS, since you dont even make the playoffs anymore....

Al central smack talk thread....,,AND THE 2013 CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS ARE......

Funny thing is.....when detroits window does close.....i think minny will be the team in the wings waiting....not KC.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“What I’m saying, I mean, look, ‘World Series’ is the wrong term,” he says. “But I feel very, very good about where our organization is. It means a lot to me. You have to know how I’m wired. The only reason I’m a general manager is that this is my boyhood team. It’s a special place for me.…
“I had a strong relationship with my grandmother, and she loved the Royals. When our games are on at night, I picture my grandmother and people of her generation loving and tuning into this game. I know how important it is to their lives.…
“And it means a lot to me that little boys want to grow up and be baseball players so they can be like Sal Perez or Eric Hosmer. That means a lot to me. That means everything to me. That means more to me than winning a World Series.”
There’s that term again. World Series. I ask if he really means that.
“Without a doubt.”
I tell him I want to quote him on that.
“Yeah. Without a doubt. I want to win a World Series, and I expect us to compete to win a World Series. So that needs to be printed as well. But it means a lot to me that our fans are engaged with the team and love baseball.”

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not winning a World series in 30 years makes sense that you can talk...hey, next year might be your year...lol...love when the Tigers fans think making the playoffs is the same as winning a world series but I guess if you have 119 loss season...it is exactly like winning a world series...

lol, you have only known me, according to you, 1 year? wtf is "every year" , again making shit up...too funny

Didnt dayton moore say it felt like he won the world series last year?:laugh3::laugh3:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Infante has been one of the better 2B (can play 3rd even! if Moose falls on his face) for the past couple of years. I hope you realize that Infante would solve allot of Lineup problems KC has currently. As of right now, there is a real possibility that KC could start the lineup with 3 lefties where a Loogy could possibly wreak havoc on the lineup later in games. Do we really want to be punked by some scrub who can only get Lefties out?

Lineup:

Aoki
Infante
Hosmer
Butler
Gordon
Perez
Moose
Cain
Esky

wow, you sound like Yost...."lets make a righty lefty righty lineup, screw the best lineup to put us ahead against a starting pitcher for a worse lineup "IN CASE" so a reliever can't get us out.."

If Yost keeps the same lineup for over 20 games in a row, I will try to find one of those meth labs in indepence that he must go to and try some.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, you sound like Yost...."lets make a righty lefty righty lineup, screw the best lineup to put us ahead against a starting pitcher for a worse lineup "IN CASE" so a reliever can't get us out.."

If Yost keeps the same lineup for over 20 games in a row, I will try to find one of those meth labs in indepence that he must go to and try some.

Got to account for dat Yost factor when constructing lineups! Shit, if I had my way, I would have Hosmer batting 2nd.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup i figured the not winning the WS would come up...

THIS IS AN AL CENTRAL SMACK TALK....

For the season in the central for the race for the division.....once the playoffs start, thats a whole different thing.....being a KC fan i understand, thats all you have....that 85 WS, since you dont even make the playoffs anymore....

Al central smack talk thread....,,AND THE 2013 CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS ARE......

Funny thing is.....when detroits window does close.....i think minny will be the team in the wings waiting....not KC.

and as I stated 3 years ago and again now....2013 was the peak year for the tigers....only 2 years left til the window starts to look like a vent from the dryer.

Its pretty funny how Tigers fans, think making the playoffs for 3 straight years and AL Central champs makes them winners when it was listed as the weakest division for 2 of those 3 years....hey, got to grab ahold of something I guess, other than those personal achievment awards the Tigers players keep striving for.

I like how the Royals had a winning season in the year that the Central WASN"T the weakest division...and winning against the Tigers, pretty easily last year also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well moose been fun.....i see bums misses his buddy vice and is looking for someone to fill his shoes to argue dumb meaningless stats all night long...

Its an AL Central smack talk thread.....and of course the fan of the team who hasnt made the playoffs in forever plays the "your team didnt win the WS" card.....well until your team gets in the league with the other teams competing for a WS, you should shut it up. Baby steps for KC...

But hey.....feels like you won the WS last year....high hopes ONCE AGAIN.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as I stated 3 years ago and again now....2013 was the peak year for the tigers....only 2 years left til the window starts to look like a vent from the dryer.

When will KC's window open?:laugh3::laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tigers have 60 million dollars commited to 2015.......if they do resign max n miggy.....they will still have alot of money to spend.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else see that Gammons talked about a Gardner for Ajax trade?

holy crap NO...the Yanks are idiots if they did that...they wouldn't gain anything and just increase the k's....absolutely no point in that....the Phillips deal would make more sense.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well moose been fun.....i see bums misses his buddy vice and is looking for someone to fill his shoes to argue dumb meaningless stats all night long...

Its an AL Central smack talk thread.....and of course the fan of the team who hasnt made the playoffs in forever plays the "your team didnt win the WS" card.....well until your team gets in the league with the other teams competing for a WS, you should shut it up. Baby steps for KC...

But hey.....feels like you won the WS last year....high hopes ONCE AGAIN.

lol, meaningless stats...aka doesn't want to use actual stats...

an AL Central smack talk thread means usually only 1 team competes for a WS...so I guess only what 1 team should chat in the AL Central smack talk thread...lol...maybe it should be the White Sox since they actually won a WS in the last decade...maybe the Twins since they seem to have a few rings in the last couple of decades....

Yes, your just a step ahead of Vice...well before he got hauled off in the jacket.

but hey, maybe this year will be the Tigers year, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do it in a heartbeat if I were the Yankees.

Jackson over Gardner? I have to hear why on this...Jackson post seasons have shown exactly who he is against good to great pitching and not the years of feasting on AL central pitching.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson over Gardner? I have to hear why on this...Jackson post seasons have shown exactly who he is against good to great pitching and not the years of feasting on AL central pitching.

Gardner's Babip and ISO are going to regress closer to his career average in my personal opinion which will depreciate his value some. Oliver and Steamer both have Ajax as the better player (by a significant margin in Steamer's model).