• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not go overboard -- Fister is an average #2, solid #3 starter -- .

Unrealistic..

Over the past 3 years, he has a 124 ERA+, 1.19 WHIP, 3.75 K/BB while averaging just under 200 innings/season. .the average #2 doesn't have those numbers....

The past few years I've done a little study where I would take the numbers of every team's best, 2nd best, and 3rd best starters and calculate the league averages for a #1 starter, #2 starter, #3 starter respectively, and I would post them on whatever board I was on at the time (ESPN and thefanatic in the past).

I have the spreadsheets home so later on I'll post it when I have it, but from my remembrance, Fister's numbers mirror that of an average #1 starter, and he'd be a top tier #2 starter. I haven't done the 2013 calculations yet so I'll try add those in if I get time.

So you're probably severely underrating him by saying he's an average #2.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrealistic..

Over the past 3 years, he has a 124 ERA+, 1.19 WHIP, 3.75 K/BB while averaging just under 200 innings/season. .the average #2 doesn't have those numbers....

The past few years I've done a little study where I would take the numbers of every team's best, 2nd best, and 3rd best starters and calculate the league averages for a #1 starter, #2 starter, #3 starter respectively, and I would post them on whatever board I was on at the time (ESPN and thefanatic in the past).

I have the spreadsheets home so later on I'll post it when I have it, but from my remembrance, Fister's numbers mirror that of an average #1 starter, and he'd be a top tier #2 starter. I haven't done the 2013 calculations yet so I'll try add those in if I get time.

I am surprised by mikes post, he usually leans toward critical of detroits moves, hes way off on this one. Sure theres a small chance that krol or ray pan out. Then DD looks like a genius, but they would really have to pan out to be better than fister. It just makes no sense, as a team looking to add one piece or two to win it all they give away a great pitcher.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sparty got a butt whipping by NC at HOME!!!!

kiss that #1 good by...you knew it wouldn't last

At least were still ranked.....and dont have a loss to charlotte on the resume

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will smith? Gettin jiggy with it?

tumblr_m8kl6a7KpF1rwu9euo1_400.gif

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im feeling the tigers wont win the division this year....some fans got their wish.....prince traded.....team saving money( dont know why fans care so much, its not their money) ......but they wanted to complain about princes postseason, or the defense.....

Now? Our lineup is weak.....now ive seen where DD is hoping dirks can take the LF job and run with it.....unproven nicky c at 3B.....fister gone....the bullpen? We swapped benoit for nathan....benoit didnt blow many saves last year.....now i hear that benoit wont be back and DD is putting his faith in rondon AGAIN....this time to be a set up man.....our BP did not get better.....benoit veras smyly gone.....rondon al al coke kroll and nathan is not an upgrade...

I sure hope DD is throwing up smoke screens.....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im feeling the tigers wont win the division this year....some fans got their wish.....prince traded.....team saving money( dont know why fans care so much, its not their money) ......but they wanted to complain about princes postseason, or the defense.....

Now? Our lineup is weak.....now ive seen where DD is hoping dirks can take the LF job and run with it.....unproven nicky c at 3B.....fister gone....the bullpen? We swapped benoit for nathan....benoit didnt blow many saves last year.....now i hear that benoit wont be back and DD is putting his faith in rondon AGAIN....this time to be a set up man.....our BP did not get better.....benoit veras smyly gone.....rondon al al coke kroll and nathan is not an upgrade...

Damn, that is pretty pessimistic, even if the Royals get some of their struggling guys to develop offensively like Moustakas it will be difficult for the Royals to win the division. I don't see Cleveland being legit anymore with the loss of Jimenez and Kazmir both.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that is pretty pessimistic, even if the Royals get some of their struggling guys to develop offensively like Moustakas it will be difficult for the Royals to win the division. I don't see Cleveland being legit anymore with the loss of Jimenez and Kazmir both.

You have forgotten the team everyone is gona be watching..

Nolasco 20-5 with a 2.76 ERA

Hughes 18-6 with a 2.92 ERA

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins Dynasty is clearly imminent

Yes but it starts in 2015 with Sano, Buxton, Rosario, Meyer, Santana and Pinto in the bigs full time.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO.....if Iffy had made this post - Feces would be striking the fan, big time.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but it starts in 2015 with Sano, Buxton, Rosario, Meyer, Santana and Pinto in the bigs full time.

Don't for get Arcia as well!!!

Although hopefully Gardy doesn't display his usual mental problems and personality disorder this year and Waldo plays everyday right out the gates.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arcia should have been full time in 2013, even coach neverwonanything knows he has to play full time in 2014... Or does he???

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Im saying. realistically aside from injury he should have over 500 AB's this year.

But you really never know with Ron at the helm. Have a feeling hes going to worm Hermann and Mastroianni into the lineup...a lot.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrealistic..

Here's the calculations from 2012 for #1 starters...as you can see from the averages at the bottom of the table, Fister's #'s are in line with the average #1 starter

Attachments

• #1 STARTER.png
    #1 STARTER.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 21

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Price for Granderson looks to be 4 years 64 million. Not a bad deal considering it's length. If he would do a 3 year deal I think Detroit would bring him back.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to have grandy back.....hes not the same anymore but hes always going to be a favorite of mine.....anything to get mandy dirks out of LF.