• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i know....just talking a lil off season smack.....i remember when the tigers had to over pay to get guys to come to detroit.......like mags and pudge.....hell even fielder...

Still a lil shocked by the fielder trade...i kno it was business....just wish we would of kept him one more year.....now if the tigers go out and get a decent LF or 3B id feel better.....just dont feel like seeing miggy walked a ton.

Go gophers. I hate wisky as much as scUM

At least the Tigers have gone after free agents, the Twins have never really brought in a top free agent that wasnt from Minnesota.

I don't like the Fielder trade either if i'm a Tigers fan, I just don't see Kinsler as a big enough upgrade over what else they could have had to lose Fielder and now I would be worried about signing someone to hit behind Miggy.

There is no team I dislike more than Wisconsin, not even Notre Dame or Alabama since Saban got there.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha i didnt read the whole post....once i seen the me and vice tight part.....i knew vice a couple of months from this thread....he never did anything to me as i have stated many times....but since i didnt join u and capt edit to go against him, you both pointed your hatred towards me....it is what it is....but you post more on tigers news than royals news.

lol, yes, you didn't go against him because u joined your buddy vice wanted to go against me (of course, lets don't go to the point that you jumped in to protect your buddy and I didn't know you from a ant on the fence). if you wouldn't have been backing your buddy, you would't be playing victim now.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite honestly, the Tiger lineup, as currently constructed, seems weaker. Okay, Kinsler is an upgrade at leadoff due to the .007 OBP advantage in favor of Kinsler and superior baserunning. Now what? Well, Prince and his bat is no longer protecting Miggy which will consequently cause Miggy to be walked more. This puts quite a bit of stress on Vmart; can Vmart be as good as Prince was when Miggy was walked? Also, Infante imo has a better bat (atleast in 2013) than Kinsler and his departure will be missed on offense I would imagine. Then there is Castellanos who is an unknown. With that being said, the Tigers offense should still be very good.

I would be surprised if they didn't add another piece like Choo (who would be the real guy you would want leading off). But as I said, as currently constructed, I would have to say the Tigers O got downgraded for now. That might change if Choo is signed.

Man i have over 20 posts saying the same thing.....miggy will be walked a ton...vmart is 35 with 10-15 HR potential.....he hits alot of ground balls....expect vmart to hit a ton of DP's. Even if he singles...miggy goes to 2nd and the 5-9 hitters coming up....and as of now.....not too intimidating.

If the tigers get a choo, ellsbury or even beltran then id like the trade.....but if you look at kinslers numbers the last 2 yrs they are very similar to ajax minus the K's. Im hoping DD makes one more move to get a LF or 3B.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you put Dirks? He is a very capable defensive LF'er. What if Castellanos is a liability in the field? That just forces Castellanos to produce bigger offensive numbers in order for him to be an net upgrade ( Same reason why Bourn is not > Cain). The Tiger's defense should probably be improved by default with Miggy not being hurt (-20+ Runs at 3rd in 150 - HORRORS) .

Mandy dirks is an overated defender....no way he should of been a finalist for a GG.....hes jhonny damon 2.0......otherwise, why would he get pulled for defense sometimes for don kelly.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jv has won a cy young and mvp in det in the past couple of years while being the most dominant pitcher in baseball. Since prince has come to det hes did nothing but decline. JV has been doing much better at earning his money than prince.

You do know that personal regular season achevement awards have nothing to do with how a player does in the WS, correct? check those stats out..just WS performances...i think Cleaves said...WS performance.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall JV took some heat for his performance. Not like Fielder but JV has had success in the playoffs to fall back on. Plus JV never let loose with a ambivalent response to getting ousted.

When you are making 200+ million expectations are just different.

In all reality Detroit could find a guy to hit .280 with 90 RBIs and 20+ homers at a fraction of the cost Fielder was paid. I think Ilitch made a emotional decision to sign Fieler. I don't blame that on Prince he got what he could under the rules of FA. I also think he wanted out of Detroit due to the pressure being put on him and the issues in his life. If he has a clear head and no emotional baggage he will have a great year in Texas. That park is made for his game. Even with that I still think the Tigers made the right move depending on how they spend that cash.

I think Castellanos as a platoon in LF with Dirks and signing a guy like Chavez to play 3B rotating with Castellanos their as well would be good moves.

Corey Hart if he signed a decent contract would be a good fit as well.

IMO Detroit needs to start looking for mare athletic guys that fit the park but that has been my bitch since Comerica opened.

What guy is out there capable of those numbers? Like i said, if we sign a guy like that, id be cool with the trade...

Hope your not talking about eric chavez....hes like 90

Corey hart? No way....that big goof had one good year and has been hurt since....never liked that guy......hes a bigger goofier jason bay clone...no thanks.....

Im just not sold on castellanos.....not til he proves he can hit MLB pitching....when he did get AB's last year, he looked overmatched.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy is four times the player prince is, and thats not disrespectful to prince, and hes about half his size. He may end up being the best hitter of all time if he continues the way hes going.

I agree....but whats to say he wont break down? How old will he be when he resigns? I love migg.....just saying in another 4 yrs he could be an old slow liability.....everyone thought prince was gonna fall off because of his size....prince didnt miss one game while with detroit. Why cant fielder prolong his career at the DH....big papi still looks good.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jv has won a cy young and mvp in det in the past couple of years while being the most dominant pitcher in baseball. Since prince has come to det hes did nothing but decline. JV has been doing much better at earning his money than prince.

JV declined this year tho.....prince was still 1 of 9 guys with 25 HR's and 100 RBI's.....he protected 3 MVP's......cut miggys IBB down......played everyday......hustled......just think fans over reacted blaming prince.....all the tigers sucked in the playoffs including miggy....vmart i believe was the only one hitting.....singles.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Tigers have gone after free agents, the Twins have never really brought in a top free agent that wasnt from Minnesota.

I don't like the Fielder trade either if i'm a Tigers fan, I just don't see Kinsler as a big enough upgrade over what else they could have had to lose Fielder and now I would be worried about signing someone to hit behind Miggy.

There is no team I dislike more than Wisconsin, not even Notre Dame or Alabama since Saban got there.

Think about it....tigers lost fielder and infante and peralta.....for kinsler and nicky c......kinsler is not that much of an upgrade over infante, unless the kinsler of 6-7 yrs ago shows up....i just dont see how it helped a team trying to win NOW.....but like i said if they still add one more good player ill be OK.....But i dont wanna hear about nathan......tigers were gonna get nathan or another closer even if fielder wasnt traded.

Will be at the sparty NW game tomorrow....gonna be cold as shit.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, yes, you didn't go against him because u joined your buddy vice wanted to go against me (of course, lets don't go to the point that you jumped in to protect your buddy and I didn't know you from a ant on the fence). if you wouldn't have been backing your buddy, you would't be playing victim now.

Joined? I stand on my own 2 feet.....i dont get into all this "gang" shit online....i come on to talk sports.....you came on this thread looking for vice to stir up shit. The proof is on this thread.

I dont protect anyone.....could care less....but im not just gonna hate someone cuz you and capt edit tell me too.....now go back over to your "posse" and talk about me some more.....you seem to really miss vice.

I had a problem with you, because within your first 2 days here.....you came on this thread and blew it up, and then you went trolling on the tigers thread.....i dont troll nor get banned from other team sites like you. You take this shit waaaaaaay to seriously. You and capt edit who has no real life friends....just his cyber team of gamecenter goofs.....now tell him to go edit another one of my posts with his lame ass.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There now im all caught up....now my daughter will have my ipad for the rest of the day......

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you brought up college womens hockey it was kinda over.....now were just having fun.....i mean, havent the gophers MENS hockey team at least won something? I mean seriously.....if someone asks you what have your teams ever done......and you come back with ladys college hockey? Kinda lame. Otherwise northwestern fans can talk big time shit. Their womens lacrosse team has won many times.

thanks for the tip...you were right...the proof is in the posts....this is you and Vice...before i posted in here...tag team bros

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you were complaining so much about vice....i figured you were one of the people from cbs who hated him...you seem to not like him.....hes been ok on here lately.....he debates baseball......he doesnt get all personal on here. Just wondering where all the animosity towards him is coming from.

The only thing i get from vice is he loves the tigs and hates the royals.

defendin your lil' buddy, lol, cute

balls = protect other bullies..stick together..stand on own two feet

posse = Vice, Cleeves, what Smitty an Laker.....
posse = while I was posting at the beginning with you and Vicey...Bums and um,err crickets..well according to the posts

the proof is actually in the posts, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
debating baseball = talking about Leylands decisions for tigers fans
debating baseball = talking about all baseball teams and players for other fans.

get out, see the world Cleaves...sky diving, white water rafting, snow skiing, cliff jumping, hunt or fish canada, hit a mexican beach..

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cespedes jumps to mine after Jalopy mentioned him in rumors from Oakland. He would fill that #4-5 hole nicely. Just not to sure on his age.

Chavez as a platoon guy would not trust him to be an everyday guy. I flip flop as we do't know where they plan on trying Castellanos 3B/LF.

The Dodgers have OF depth and may be willing to deal.

The Nats have been mentioned repeatedly as wanting in on Price or Scherzer. I like their rookie 2B/3B Rendon and some of their relief guys.

I would not be surprised to see Ausmus and Dave D try to get younger more athletic guys that fit Comerica.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cespedes jumps to mine after Jalopy mentioned him in rumors from Oakland. He would fill that #4-5 hole nicely. Just not to sure on his age.

Chavez as a platoon guy would not trust him to be an everyday guy. I flip flop as we do't know where they plan on trying Castellanos 3B/LF.

The Dodgers have OF depth and may be willing to deal.

The Nats have been mentioned repeatedly as wanting in on Price or Scherzer. I like their rookie 2B/3B Rendon and some of their relief guys.

I would not be surprised to see Ausmus and Dave D try to get younger more athletic guys that fit Comerica.

Quite honestly, if I wanted to trade with the Nats I would want to buy low on Espinosa, but that probably makes more sense for a team in the Royals position instead of the Tigers.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite honestly, if I wanted to trade with the Nats I would want to buy low on Espinosa, but that probably makes more sense for a team in the Royals position instead of the Tigers.

Detroit minor league depth is slim and outside of Castellanos I don't see a positional guy that trends to be an all-star, and Castellanos is no sure thing. The Nats made a big push to win now and would IMO pay top asking price for Max. They may be willing to part with Rendon. Espinosa is a real good buy low guy but not sure the Tigers have a corresponding piece that the Nats would want. Plus the Tigers could really use Tyler Clippard.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iam surprised. since da bums knows so much about this Tiger team.

he hasn't even mentioned Catcher. Cant see Avila playing another full year(if he hits like he did..and he will). Tigers will get another catcher..
Plus a closer(Nathan). plus another arm for the bull pen... that leaves little money for a LF and a Catcher. Tiger get a new catcher and let Andy Dirks play left. good move

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iam surprised. since da bums knows so much about this Tiger team.

he hasn't even mentioned Catcher. Cant see Avila playing another full year(if he hits like he did..and he will). Tigers will get another catcher..
Plus a closer(Nathan). plus another arm for the bull pen... that leaves little money for a LF and a Catcher. Tiger get a new catcher and let Andy Dirks play left. good move

Detroit is high on their minor league catchers. I think Detroit stands pat with that position….although I am not a huge fan of AA….the more pressing needs are LF and relief help.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougie, here is the picture you asked for I took of you and your buddy at the game...nice running into you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 372