• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe miggy will be walked a ton.....and vmart will hit a ton of DP's...whats the record for DP's? I understand trying to get rid of fielders contract, but you cant just ignore what he does for 162 games....

I just dont get all the nicky c hype.....until he proves he can hit at the major league level...if he does that....well than good trade...

I dont think trading fielder had anything to do with getting BP help....tigs were gonna do that anyways.....its more about signing scherzer and miggy.....and maybe even going after choo or granderson.....i see one more player being added.....even tho i think it will be peralta......i dont see detroit going with nicky c and dirks starting on a reg basis.

Tigs saved around 20 mil this year....add in mr illitch said he would approve another 10-20 million if needed....that gives the tigers money for this year. Around 40 million.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are there two al central threads now?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe miggy will be walked a ton.....and vmart will hit a ton of DP's...whats the record for DP's? I understand trying to get rid of fielders contract, but you cant just ignore what he does for 162 games....

I just dont get all the nicky c hype.....until he proves he can hit at the major league level...if he does that....well than good trade...

I dont think trading fielder had anything to do with getting BP help....tigs were gonna do that anyways.....its more about signing scherzer and miggy.....and maybe even going after choo or granderson.....i see one more player being added.....even tho i think it will be peralta......i dont see detroit going with nicky c and dirks starting on a reg basis.

Tigs saved around 20 mil this year....add in mr illitch said he would approve another 10-20 million if needed....that gives the tigers money for this year. Around 40 million.

Adding more speed will help keep Detroit out of DPs as it wasn't just V Mart but Peralta and Avila as well. So between Kinsler, A Jax, and Inglesias the Tigers have some speed. They will also be looking to add a platoon partner or everyday LF.

I agree the trade was about cash and luxury tax but I also believe Fielder wanted out of town. Trades where guys have to waive no trade clauses usually do not move as fast as this one did. I think Fielder wants a fresh start and after is no big deal comment I don't think even Ilitch would argue.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding more speed will help keep Detroit out of DPs as it wasn't just V Mart but Peralta and Avila as well. So between Kinsler, A Jax, and Inglesias the Tigers have some speed. They will also be looking to add a platoon partner or everyday LF.

I agree the trade was about cash and luxury tax but I also believe Fielder wanted out of town. Trades where guys have to waive no trade clauses usually do not move as fast as this one did. I think Fielder wants a fresh start and after is no big deal comment I don't think even Ilitch would argue.

I dont see we added much speed......we lost fielder and peralta....swapped infante for kinsler.....kinsler is faster than infante but its not like hes taking fielders spot.....whos gonna play 3rd? Nicky c? Peralta? Thats not much speed. We had iggy last year and were still hitting into a ton of DP's.....having a cleanup hitter with 10-15 HR power will hurt us.....why not walk miggy now? Vmart wont hit a HR....at best he singles and miggy takes 2nd.....then the lower half of the lineup comes up.......speed wont matter at the top....miggy had ajax and hunter in front of him last year....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Id want out of town too if my own fans blamed it all on me.....especially when nobody hit and the BP blew a 5-0 game.......tiger fans are becoming like yankee fans.....without the titles tho.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums made one because he despises tiger fans....

shocker, trolling and making crap up...who would have thought.

hey, CBS there was a new thread every year...guessing now, it doesn't work that way at SportsHoopla....don't matter to me...

and if the Tigers sign Choo and a new bullpen, I won't keep laughing at the Tigers fans for believing they have a WS team, for the first time, fear and envy will be there though because they could finally HAVE a WS team....they could actually be making moves to actual win this sucker...

now I do despise some Tigers fans who act like the Tigers have won the WS 4 years in a row..used to be yankees fans for decades...but they actually won some WS's so they had a leg to stand on.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id want out of town too if my own fans blamed it all on me.....especially when nobody hit and the BP blew a 5-0 game.......tiger fans are becoming like yankee fans.....without the titles tho.

:agree:

But a 200 million dollar player needs to understand the expectations are different than for a guy like Infante or A Jax.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see we added much speed......we lost fielder and peralta....swapped infante for kinsler.....kinsler is faster than infante but its not like hes taking fielders spot.....whos gonna play 3rd? Nicky c? Peralta? Thats not much speed. We had iggy last year and were still hitting into a ton of DP's.....having a cleanup hitter with 10-15 HR power will hurt us.....why not walk miggy now? Vmart wont hit a HR....at best he singles and miggy takes 2nd.....then the lower half of the lineup comes up.......speed wont matter at the top....miggy had ajax and hunter in front of him last year....

Kinsler is also a leadoff hitter and that allows the Tigers to move A Jax down in the order. Almost anyone playing third improves Detroit's defense by allowing Miggy to play 1B.

V Mart doesn't need to hit home runs to protect Cabrera he just needs to get base hits. The batting order will have some changes so to say who will be behind Cabrera right now is anyones guess.

The Tigers will be better off with the cash they saved as they do not have to allow Scherzer to walk unless they want him to. They can sign Miggy who is by far the best hitter in baseball. All the while staying below the luxury tax.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler is also a leadoff hitter and that allows the Tigers to move A Jax down in the order. Almost anyone playing third improves Detroit's defense by allowing Miggy to play 1B.

V Mart doesn't need to hit home runs to protect Cabrera he just needs to get base hits. The batting order will have some changes so to say who will be behind Cabrera right now is anyones guess.

The Tigers will be better off with the cash they saved as they do not have to allow Scherzer to walk unless they want him to. They can sign Miggy who is by far the best hitter in baseball. All the while staying below the luxury tax.

Kinslers and ajax stats are very similar the last 2 years when it comes to avg and OBP.....kinsler only had 15 SB's last year.....while ajax did K 124 times, kinsler had 90.

I dont like the idea of our cleanup hitter having no power and being 35....teams will walk cabrera and hope for a ground ball from turtle slow vmart.....if he gets a hit, they are usually singles.....and miggys not going from first to 3rd on a single. Not to mention, if they dont sign or trade for another hitter, our 5-9 hitters are hardly scary to opposing pitchers.....avila? Dirks? Ajax? Iggy? Nicky c? Walk cabrera will be the theme....

Just look at how many IBB miggy had before fielder came and after he came...

Dont get me wrong....im up in the air because of future flexibility.....its all on how we spend the money.....i think we would of got nathan with fielder.....now get nathan and beltran and id be happy.....but we lost infante, peralta and fielder while adding kinsler. Who wasnt impressive last yr or the year before. I think hes only batted 300 once. Time will tell

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hey, CBS there was a new thread every year...guessing now, it doesn't work that way at SportsHoopla....don't matter to me...

and if the Tigers sign Choo and a new bullpen, I won't keep laughing at the Tigers fans for believing they have a WS team, for the first time, fear and envy will be there though because they could finally HAVE a WS team....they could actually be making moves to actual win this sucker...

now I do despise some Tigers fans who act like the Tigers have won the WS 4 years in a row..used to be yankees fans for decades...but they actually won some WS's so they had a leg to stand on.

Trolling? I dont go on any teams sites.....i recall you on the tigers boards.....didnt you get banned from there for trolling? Lions board? Trolling?

Wasnt your FIRST post on this thread about finding vice FINALLY?

Not to mention your lil buddy capt edit.....see i dont worry about you guys, but everytime i turn around my name is in your guys posts.....in capt edits case, he likes to edit my posts to seem like and injun fan, since they are low on fans.....remember him jumping on the red sox band wagon....then back to clevelands....then back to bostons?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How bout royals fans who think they are relevant....excluding moose, hes cool....since they are not.....you will find them on every tiger article or post bashing the tigers....but hey as dayton moore says.....you guys won the WS this year......or it felt like it.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

But a 200 million dollar player needs to understand the expectations are different than for a guy like Infante or A Jax.

But no one was all over JV for his failure in the WS.....

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinslers and ajax stats are very similar the last 2 years when it comes to avg and OBP.....kinsler only had 15 SB's last year.....while ajax did K 124 times, kinsler had 90.

I dont like the idea of our cleanup hitter having no power and being 35....teams will walk cabrera and hope for a ground ball from turtle slow vmart.....if he gets a hit, they are usually singles.....and miggys not going from first to 3rd on a single. Not to mention, if they dont sign or trade for another hitter, our 5-9 hitters are hardly scary to opposing pitchers.....avila? Dirks? Ajax? Iggy? Nicky c? Walk cabrera will be the theme....

Just look at how many IBB miggy had before fielder came and after he came...

Dont get me wrong....im up in the air because of future flexibility.....its all on how we spend the money.....i think we would of got nathan with fielder.....now get nathan and beltran and id be happy.....but we lost infante, peralta and fielder while adding kinsler. Who wasnt impressive last yr or the year before. I think hes only batted 300 once. Time will tell

The Tigers now have $76 million they did not have two days ago. They can use it to pay for Nathan and Peralta have money left over...if they want too. They also STILL have whatever money they planned to spend this off season. They also still have depth in starting pitching that they could use in a trade. Fielder himself wasn't a mistake....but his contract was. I think Detroit is VERY lucky they got out from under it.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers now have $76 million they did not have two days ago. They can use it to pay for Nathan and Peralta have money left over...if they want too. They also STILL have whatever money they planned to spend this off season. They also still have depth in starting pitching that they could use in a trade. Fielder himself wasn't a mistake....but his contract was. I think Detroit is VERY lucky they got out from under it.

I understand that..but if we dont spend it wisely......i think we were gonna get nathan or whoever regardless of fielder....the thing is.....why was princes contract bad, but people want us to empty the bank for miggy? Why wont miggy break down? Hes a yr older. I think miggy has 3-4 great yrs left maybe. Or what if scherzer goes back to bad max once he gets the money......to me its all about still adding a LF or 3B.....remember this team struggled at times to score......kinslers not this offensive stud the last few yrs.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much every FA contract is a mistake.....the injuns just gave a 4th OF 6 million a year who hit 220sumthin.......

Im more worried about protection for miggy....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every FA contract is a mistake.....

I dont know, the Twins have thrown money at Mike Pelfrey, Jason Marquis and Jamey Carroll the last couple years, that was money well spent.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the royals just gave 30 yr old jason vargas 8 million for 4 yrs......bwahahahahaha

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But teams like the Royals have to overpay players to go there, if they ever actually become a serious threat it will be easier to bring in guys without way overpaying for them.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the royals just gave 30 yr old jason vargas 8 million for 4 yrs......bwahahahahaha

Kinsler is 31 right now, just FYI; and didn't the Tigers just get rid of a Financial Albatross of their own? One should not cast stones at the sinner if he has sinned himself.