• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling? I dont go on any teams sites.....i recall you on the tigers boards.....didnt you get banned from there for trolling? Lions board? Trolling?

odd, I do to, after Vice trolled the Royals board...shocker...you must be a referee in real life..the one that misses things but sure gets the 2nd foul

Wasnt your FIRST post on this thread about finding vice FINALLY?

on this thread, yep, the tool hits and runs like a driver without liability insurance. again shocker...and repeat...you must be a referee in real life..the one that misses things but sure gets the 2nd foul

Not to mention your lil buddy capt edit.....see i dont worry about you guys, but everytime i turn around my name is in your guys posts.....in capt edits case, he likes to edit my posts to seem like and injun fan, since they are low on fans.....remember him jumping on the red sox band wagon....then back to clevelands....then back to bostons?

lol, I can see why you and Vice were tight...ego manic, yes, we place your name in every post, its a pact we made before the post season.....and your lil buddy Vice just keep standing behind him, I guess internet tough guy respect goes a long way

If talking like a dickwad does it for ya...go head, punch, punch them keys hard as you want, throw in the tough guy words, Tigers fans love the name calling approach also, throw more of those in. Should make the Tiger fans worship, bow down and back down from you...lol, pretty sure you have zero chance of me backin down, especially when you throw out crap...

maybe we need to scrap the 14 thread, come back over to the old thread so we can listen to how you think your great because the MLB team you root for is good...

You think I am a troll because I smack talk/trash talk tigers?...what should I pick on teams with less wins than the Royals?...I will leave that to tough guys like you

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But teams like the Royals have to overpay players to go there, if they ever actually become a serious threat it will be easier to bring in guys without way overpaying for them.

See, Twins fans understand but they are a team with a budget also. Twins overpay to keep a player or two there.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes every one expect Fielder to have a couple of really good years in Texas.
seems only da bums thinks this is far reaching predicting.

as for Miggy.
last year around mid way. other teams got it through there heads not to pitch to Miggy.
It wasn't as bad as it was with barry Bonds. I also expect him to be walked a lot in 2014.
SOooooooooooooooooooooo that talk of trading V Mart was stupid ..like I said when it was first mentioned. V mart has 1 more really good year in his bat.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy must have been internet school from the U of Phoenix..

Michigan is 7-3. for a guy that cant even read the standings...he is trying to tell us how the Tiger starting pitching is aging and ready to be put out to pasture. he says only 2 more years for verlander. BAWWHHAAAAAAAAAAA and Miggy has only 2 more years before the window closes BAWWWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I bet Iffy bought K Mart stock...right before bankrupcy

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite honestly, the Tiger lineup, as currently constructed, seems weaker. Okay, Kinsler is an upgrade at leadoff due to the .007 OBP advantage in favor of Kinsler and superior baserunning. Now what? Well, Prince and his bat is no longer protecting Miggy which will consequently cause Miggy to be walked more. This puts quite a bit of stress on Vmart; can Vmart be as good as Prince was when Miggy was walked? Also, Infante imo has a better bat (atleast in 2013) than Kinsler and his departure will be missed on offense I would imagine. Then there is Castellanos who is an unknown. With that being said, the Tigers offense should still be very good.

I would be surprised if they didn't add another piece like Choo (who would be the real guy you would want leading off). But as I said, as currently constructed, I would have to say the Tigers O got downgraded for now. That might change if Choo is signed.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Fielder gone it does seem that way. power wise. You have to figure 1 more bat is coming.Maybe for left field.
I figure tiger go cheaper at 3rd and let Jhonny P play 3rd. iam ok with that. I like Jhonnys bat.
we need it.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infante was a solid player . good hitter. BUt his post seasons were terrible. that' was frustrating.

V Mart looked sharp at the plate in 2013 after he got going.
He can protect miggy if he hits like he did last year..

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Fielder gone it does seem that way. power wise. You have to figure 1 more bat is coming.Maybe for left field.
I figure tiger go cheaper at 3rd and let Jhonny P play 3rd. iam ok with that. I like Jhonnys bat.
we need it.

Where do you put Dirks? He is a very capable defensive LF'er. What if Castellanos is a liability in the field? That just forces Castellanos to produce bigger offensive numbers in order for him to be an net upgrade ( Same reason why Bourn is not > Cain). The Tiger's defense should probably be improved by default with Miggy not being hurt (-20+ Runs at 3rd in 150 - HORRORS) .

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dirks plays a lot. I got a feeling..after Tigers sign Nathan and another good arm for the bull pen. plus scherzer... wont be money for aguy like Choo.

we will get some one lesser..he wont work out and dirks will get to play at least in 2014.
I like Dirks. like to see him get 1 more year.
Bull pens help I the most pressing need. we have to get Nathan. after he said he would love to be a Tiger.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, stated plenty, Fielder will rebound and have a great year this year, ok year the year after...after 31, 32...he will fall off the radar by 34 he is playing in Japan or Tampa Bay.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy must have been internet school from the U of Phoenix..

Michigan is 7-3. for a guy that cant even read the standings...he is trying to tell us how the Tiger starting pitching is aging and ready to be put out to pasture. he says only 2 more years for verlander. BAWWHHAAAAAAAAAAA and Miggy has only 2 more years before the window closes BAWWWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I bet Iffy bought K Mart stock...right before bankrupcy

A. Internet school???????????
B. Correct UM is the worst 7-3 school in the country. Could easily have been 4-6 right now
C. Don't recall saying anything about Verlander and two years???????
D. Miggy - you are correct. Two more years and his contract is up.
E. Kmart???.....bankruptcy??? I guess that is either important to doug - or some secret code!

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Internet school???????????
B. Correct UM is the worst 7-3 school in the country. Could easily have been 4-6 right now
C. Don't recall saying anything about Verlander and two years???????
D. Miggy - you are correct. Two more years and his contract is up.
E. Kmart???.....bankruptcy??? I guess that is either important to doug - or some secret code!

Dougie is drinking again, that was me....the Tigers window will close in two years when Miggy and JV start declining...still predict that...Miggy before JV though...JV could make it 4, depends on the Tommy John recover year.

gives dougie something to talk about in the off season or he goes back to drinking and drugs, if you think this isn't pretty you really don't want to see that.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes every one expect Fielder to have a couple of really good years in Texas.
seems only da bums thinks this is far reaching predicting.

as for Miggy.
last year around mid way. other teams got it through there heads not to pitch to Miggy.
It wasn't as bad as it was with barry Bonds. I also expect him to be walked a lot in 2014.
SOooooooooooooooooooooo that talk of trading V Mart was stupid ..like I said when it was first mentioned. V mart has 1 more really good year in his bat.

for Dougie...How Will Prince Fielder Age? | FanGraphs Baseball (don't read Cleaves, its trolling by FanGraphs of Tigers player, I had to get your name in the post somehow)

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no one was all over JV for his failure in the WS.....

I seem to recall JV took some heat for his performance. Not like Fielder but JV has had success in the playoffs to fall back on. Plus JV never let loose with a ambivalent response to getting ousted.

When you are making 200+ million expectations are just different.

In all reality Detroit could find a guy to hit .280 with 90 RBIs and 20+ homers at a fraction of the cost Fielder was paid. I think Ilitch made a emotional decision to sign Fieler. I don't blame that on Prince he got what he could under the rules of FA. I also think he wanted out of Detroit due to the pressure being put on him and the issues in his life. If he has a clear head and no emotional baggage he will have a great year in Texas. That park is made for his game. Even with that I still think the Tigers made the right move depending on how they spend that cash.

I think Castellanos as a platoon in LF with Dirks and signing a guy like Chavez to play 3B rotating with Castellanos their as well would be good moves.

Corey Hart if he signed a decent contract would be a good fit as well.

IMO Detroit needs to start looking for mare athletic guys that fit the park but that has been my bitch since Comerica opened.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that..but if we dont spend it wisely......i think we were gonna get nathan or whoever regardless of fielder....the thing is.....why was princes contract bad, but people want us to empty the bank for miggy? Why wont miggy break down? Hes a yr older. I think miggy has 3-4 great yrs left maybe. Or what if scherzer goes back to bad max once he gets the money......to me its all about still adding a LF or 3B.....remember this team struggled at times to score......kinslers not this offensive stud the last few yrs.

Miggy is four times the player prince is, and thats not disrespectful to prince, and hes about half his size. He may end up being the best hitter of all time if he continues the way hes going.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no one was all over JV for his failure in the WS.....

Jv has won a cy young and mvp in det in the past couple of years while being the most dominant pitcher in baseball. Since prince has come to det hes did nothing but decline. JV has been doing much better at earning his money than prince.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall JV took some heat for his performance. Not like Fielder but JV has had success in the playoffs to fall back on. Plus JV never let loose with a ambivalent response to getting ousted.

When you are making 200+ million expectations are just different.

In all reality Detroit could find a guy to hit .280 with 90 RBIs and 20+ homers at a fraction of the cost Fielder was paid. I think Ilitch made a emotional decision to sign Fieler. I don't blame that on Prince he got what he could under the rules of FA. I also think he wanted out of Detroit due to the pressure being put on him and the issues in his life. If he has a clear head and no emotional baggage he will have a great year in Texas. That park is made for his game. Even with that I still think the Tigers made the right move depending on how they spend that cash.

I think Castellanos as a platoon in LF with Dirks and signing a guy like Chavez to play 3B rotating with Castellanos their as well would be good moves.

Corey Hart if he signed a decent contract would be a good fit as well.

IMO Detroit needs to start looking for mare athletic guys that fit the park but that has been my bitch since Comerica opened.

Corey Hart missed all of 2013 with bad knees. He may be limited to 1B. Besides, I sure would not want a VMart type repeat of a player taking half the season to re-find his stroke.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But teams like the Royals have to overpay players to go there, if they ever actually become a serious threat it will be easier to bring in guys without way overpaying for them.

Yeah i know....just talking a lil off season smack.....i remember when the tigers had to over pay to get guys to come to detroit.......like mags and pudge.....hell even fielder...

Still a lil shocked by the fielder trade...i kno it was business....just wish we would of kept him one more year.....now if the tigers go out and get a decent LF or 3B id feel better.....just dont feel like seeing miggy walked a ton.

Go gophers. I hate wisky as much as scUM

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I can see why you and Vice were tight...ego manic, yes, we place your name in every post, its a pact we made before the post season.....and your lil buddy Vice just keep standing behind him, I guess internet tough guy respect goes a long way

If talking like a dickwad does it for ya...go head, punch, punch them keys hard as you want, throw in the tough guy words, Tigers fans love the name calling approach also, throw more of those in. Should make the Tiger fans worship, bow down and back down from you...lol, pretty sure you have zero chance of me backin down, especially when you throw out crap...

maybe we need to scrap the 14 thread, come back over to the old thread so we can listen to how you think your great because the MLB team you root for is good...

You think I am a troll because I smack talk/trash talk tigers?...what should I pick on teams with less wins than the Royals?...I will leave that to tough guys like you

Haha i didnt read the whole post....once i seen the me and vice tight part.....i knew vice a couple of months from this thread....he never did anything to me as i have stated many times....but since i didnt join u and capt edit to go against him, you both pointed your hatred towards me....it is what it is....but you post more on tigers news than royals news.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Hart missed all of 2013 with bad knees. He may be limited to 1B. Besides, I sure would not want a VMart type repeat of a player taking half the season to re-find his stroke.

If he can't play OF then I would pass but because he was out last season he may sign a bargain contract. Cory Hart of 2 years ago was pretty good. Maybe damaged goods but may be bargain bin gold.