• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good trade.

Fielder bombed in the play offs. lot of money to use now.
Scherzer gets resigned!

Gielder is a RBI machine in the refular season. BUT he just folded in the post season.

don't worry about Dirks! he will come through for the Tigers

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves...you seem to have the Wolverines on your mind.

Tigers sign Nathan and then 1 more bat. no need to try and trade away VMart now.
we need his bat

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers make news again in the offseason.
Royals..you can hear the crickets chirp.

must be hard to be a royals fan.... tell us da bums

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it Kinsler that the Rangers kept moving around? He never complained. or was it Young?

any way. only down side is his age. 31. He is not a speedster. But is a solid player.
Rangers have to be happy to get Fielder. he could have some big years for the Rangers

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug is already getting SCARED!!!!

He knows the Wings and Wolverines lack HEART. Now the signs are pointing to the Kitties HEART giving out....before October that is.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers and Red Wings always try to get better.

Twins ... oo yea they took down those trees over the out field wall..best off season move the Twins made in 10 years.

I can see a new years day bowl for the Wolverines. Golden Goooofers can turn on the TV to watch

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder should benefit from his move to Texas. Will add 10 or more homers to his total and he is still surrounded by good players. IMO, Prince will put up 2 or 3 good years in Texas before gravity and time take over. He'll be moved to DH and what athletic ability he has left will vanish. I can see an Adam Dunn-like finish to his career. Lots of K's mixed in with a few solo shots.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr. hockey....I will have you know that the Wolverines are the best 4-6 team in the country. Well, they should be 4-6.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought maybe getting rid of Fielder's contract is a great move.

That is actually a move, FINALLY, in the RING direction....Tigers actually might want to win it this year...well if they go score 2 stud relievers.....they have to try before JV and Miggy crash with old age....that window is soooo closing...

Can't believe Texas took on that terrible of a contract...

Finally almost scared the Tigers might actually win a WS...can't wait to see the RP's they get...that will decide it.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy tells ESPN deportes that he wants to end his career in detroit......

"The money is less important in this case," Cabrera told ESPNdeportes.com. "What we want is to win a championship in Detroit. Hopefully David Dombrowski, the new manager and all of us work to win the championship we so desire."

Yeah buddy.....class act....lets hope he sticks to the money isnt an issue part...

Javier lopez gonna resign with the giants....would of liked to seen him in the old english d with nathan also....we need some left handed BP help.

how about Left, Right, Ambedexdrias...whatever....a whole new BP would help....if they don't do something this year...then that GM would be the dumbest GM in the last decade....He has a team that is so close but won't put the final piece in the puzzle....that EVERYONE on the planet knows is the missing link and cost them for year(S) now.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers and Red Wings always try to get better.

Twins ... oo yea they took down those trees over the out field wall..best off season move the Twins made in 10 years.

I can see a new years day bowl for the Wolverines. Golden Goooofers can turn on the TV to watch

Was that Iowa State?...seriously?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is actually a move, FINALLY, in the RING direction....Tigers actually might want to win it this year...well if they go score 2 stud relievers.....they have to try before JV and Miggy crash with old age....that window is soooo closing...

Can't believe Texas took on that terrible of a contract...

Finally almost scared the Tigers might actually win a WS...can't wait to see the RP's they get...that will decide it.

The tigers are paying 30 million of his remaining contact giving the rangers and annual average of around 19 million. Prince has consistently put up almost 5 fWAR each year, aside from his slightly down year last year. I'd say I trust the rangers front office guys more than a random message board poster.

You think it's so great they got rid of him, but watch miggy set the single season intentional walks record next year.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tigers are paying 30 million of his remaining contact giving the rangers and annual average of around 19 million. Prince has consistently put up almost 5 fWAR each year, aside from his slightly down year last year. I'd say I trust the rangers front office guys more than a random message board poster.

You think it's so great they got rid of him, but watch miggy set the single season intentional walks record next year.

He also had 2.7 in 2010 and 1.4 in 2008.

Fielder's OBP dropped by 50 points and his SLG% dropped by 71 points. His wOBA dropped from .398 to .358. That's not slightly down, that's significant. It was his lowest wOBA since his rookie year (.354 in '06).

That being said, I think I'd rather have Fielder. Kinsler's been pretty unimpressive over the last few years (save for 2011) and he's moving from Arlington to Comerica (and he has pretty extreme home/away splits).

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this move Nick C back to 3rd?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder should benefit from his move to Texas. Will add 10 or more homers to his total and he is still surrounded by good players. IMO, Prince will put up 2 or 3 good years in Texas before gravity and time take over. He'll be moved to DH and what athletic ability he has left will vanish. I can see an Adam Dunn-like finish to his career. Lots of K's mixed in with a few solo shots.

Yes, I think you will see Prince hit close to 40 HR in that matchbox stadium in Arlington. He (thus far) does not miss games, so I think at least 3 solid seasons is a good projection. Kinsler is owed $57 mill for the next 4 seasons, and with the $30 mill the Tigers kick in to Texas, the net gain is about $8 million per season. That goes a little way toward re-signing Scherzer or giving Miggy an extension.

From a pure baseball standpoint, I will love seeing an Iglesias-Kinsler double play combo, as will groundball pitchers like Fister and Porcello. Kinsler led all 2Bs in range factor for 3 seasons (2006-08), and though he's declined some, he was still 5th last year. Omar Infante did not even make the leaderboard for range factor. He was average at best, probably a little below average.

I don't see a huge difference in average, OBP or walks for Kinsler vs. Austin Jackson to tell me we are getting some kind of "pure" leadoff hitter. Kinsler with a .273 career BA / .349 career OBP, and averaging a little over 60 walks over the last 4 seasons. Jackson at .278 / .337 and averaging about 50 walks. The big difference is in contact. Kinsler averaging only 65-70 Ks over the last 4 seasons, with Jackson in the 140's.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this move Nick C back to 3rd?

Either Nick Castellanos goes back to 3B, or the Tigers re-sign Peralta to play 3B and platoon Nick C with Dirks in LF.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROFLMAO, just hilarious, obviously you have no idea what the record is and Miggy won't even sniff it...as well as the regular type of walks records.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFLMAO, just hilarious, obviously you have no idea what the record is and Miggy won't even sniff it...as well as the regular type of walks records.

I was using hyperbole. Do you even alliterate bro?