• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any thoughts about the Tigers considering Don Mattingly - if he and the Dodgers part ways? He is use to dealing with highly paid players and superstar egos. He would bring a big name to Detroit, although he really has no connection to the club. I even read an article that suggested Joe Girardi should be considered! I guess every swinging dick that ever witnessed a major league ballgame is a possibility at this point. (I'm still pulling for Lions=TeHsUcKs to get the job....he'd have great post game interviews.)

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Internet chuckle of the day. Found this on another board...

This is cleaves personal thread? I did not know that! Do you need permission, from him, to post here? I was not informed, if this is so. Well, I sure am sorry I ''ruined'' it. Maybe if the OWNER of this thread had told me to be careful.....I would not have RUINED it.
PS...maybe ''they'' let me back for the same reason they let cleaves back when he was banned?

I never was banned......hammer told me it was a mistake......i didnt even know it had happened it was so short......also when that happened alot of people on here stuck up for me....i didnt see but one for you.....and that was captain editor. In fact hammer posted a thread asking about you.....and there was like a 25-1 for you to be banned.

Its not my thread....its our thread.....people who have been here for years.....and every once and awhile a troll comes in and posts bs over and over and people get sick of it......sure right now you are mellow......but soon you will forget to take those meds....

Still following me around tho i see.....cant stop with the creepiness eh? Must kill you you cant post on the tigers board.....too bad TROLL!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey cora on mlb......"ozzie guillen would be a great fit in detroit".........i wonder if joey needs or wants a job in detroit.

I wouldnt mind it with all the venezuelans but i wouldnt want the chance of him and DD not getting along.....the sweet part would be if we did win it all with him, it would be a slap in the face to the white sox.

It'd be crazy as hell, but very entertaining. He's good at taking pressure of his guys just like Leyland. Only he puts it on himself rather than putting it to bed.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"(I'm still pulling for Lions=TeHsUcKs to get the job....he'd have great post game interviews.)"

Dude you have a serious obsession with tiger fans....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup got Bucky at KOHL this year. Osu comes to us as well. Our 2nd best home win streak in nation is on the line. Sucks cuz it's early and injures/transfers set us back a bit.

Wade as been irking people lately with his play and on court complainants but see his off the court self and he's awesome. The fact he has custody of his kids shows a lot about how great he is and how insane the ex is. The woman almost always wins those cases.

Omg that chick is crazy......she was sitting outside the courthouse with a sign saying something like shes dwayne wades ex and shes homeless.......yeah he does alot, but ever since lebron got there his ego has gotten huge....its like him and lebron need attention 24/7......down to tweeting what they ate for lunch...

Gonna be tough to win at the kohl, but ill be rooting for ya.....i hate bo ryan with a passion.....hes a good reg season coach who cant adjust to tourney ball...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be crazy as hell, but very entertaining. He's good at taking pressure of his guys just like Leyland. Only he puts it on himself rather than putting it to bed.

I think he would make the locker room environment more fun then when jimmy was there.....but he would still have to win.....plus id be worried about him and DD getting along....ozzie and kenny williams butted heads alot....but theres not many cubans in detroit for ozzie to piss off.

Larussa, ausmus, ozzie, brookens..........thats my latest wish list....even tho theres no chance of larussa....just sayin.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

I would have to admit that if Detroit names Legendary Lloyd as their manager....I would be chuckling for a few days.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"(I'm still pulling for Lions=TeHsUcKs to get the job....he'd have great post game interviews.)"

Dude you have a serious obsession with tiger fans....

Does it count as an obsession if "Lions=", calls me every vulgar name he can think of....and I never even mentioned his name?

So, you weren't banned and people love you? Lucky you.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would make the locker room environment more fun then when jimmy was there.....but he would still have to win.....plus id be worried about him and DD getting along....ozzie and kenny williams butted heads alot....but theres not many cubans in detroit for ozzie to piss off.

Larussa, ausmus, ozzie, brookens..........thats my latest wish list....even tho theres no chance of larussa....just sayin.

Ausmus is my #1 all the way, then idk, maybe Brookens. I just don't want to Dusty. I'd rather see Matt Walbeck come out of managerial retirement than Dusty.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ausmus would be a good choice....not a conservative choice, but not off the wall. However, I can see going with Lloyd Mac. A conservative move to try and keep team chemistry in order...and a black manager for Detroit has its pluses. Brookens? Does he have the experience and ability to handle the manager's job?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ausmus would be a good choice....not a conservative choice, but not off the wall. However, I can see going with Lloyd Mac. A conservative move to try and keep team chemistry in order...and a black manager for Detroit has its pluses. Brookens? Does he have the experience and ability to handle the manager's job?

If they hired Ausmus, there would be an influx of female fans.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dougy, looks like it was your Wings that got smacked by an up north team.

Shouldn't have jumped the gun last night!!

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sens got by us tonight...
Boston got smacked around tonight. they will be in a bad mood when they face the sharks.

jimmy was off a little tonight

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way Ozzie gets the job. He is a idiot. plus he has a big mouth.
he did have 1 quality I liked. He called players out that needed to be. If you were hurting the team..he let every body know about it. I like that.

no way Mattinly gets the job. he would bring that soft California baseball style.

to bad we don't have a young guy in the minors coaching. I liked to give a unknown a shot.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they play baseball tonight??
with out the Tigers in it..it seems like a let down..yawnnnnnn

iam not going to watch any of it.
Not a red sox fan.. and the Cards are so boring. even though they have had some good teams. just to boring..

what about Larussa????? maybe he isn't chugging to many budweisers a day?
he would be a good short term option for the Tigers

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sens got by us tonight...
Boston got smacked around tonight. they will be in a bad mood when they face the sharks.

jimmy was off a little tonight

Dougy you really gotta lay off the drugs.

Boston dominated the sabres last night.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD job was on the line. Tigers needed to win a world series. how many years
has DD got?
GM need to win to. They were talking about DD last couple years.Now Leyland is gone. DD bought him self a couple more years.

I think he has don't a good job. Plus he can deal with Boris.
BUT. He did nothing about the bull pen. That deal with Fielder is not looking to good now is it?????
This tiger team has no speed. A few changes must be made. He will be judge on these moves...plus his new manager. you bet his ass is on the line..to WIN!

DD has done awesome, he has turned the tigers from laughingstock to perennial contender.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so happy to hear Leyland retired.

no more wacky line ups. How he got away with starting that kid figarua in Minnestoa for that 1 game play off??? he should have been fired for that!

no other manager in the game ..would have kept Fielder in the clean up spot afte that many games of No power no RBIs and poor plate appearances. NONE!
maybe fielder wouldn't have come alive in the 6th or 7th spot?

we need a young guy. Some one that will call out a player when he doesn't produce.

I forgot about starting figaro, yeah tht was dumb as hell. When its a one game playff you play to win that game because there might not be a tom. Same reason they lost game 2 to boston, he was saving max for game 6, but dude yo still have to win game 2.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD has done awesome, he has turned the tigers from laughingstock to perennial contender.

Overall, DD has done a very good job bringing the Tigers forward from the Randy Smith days. However, he has made mistakes, and fairly recently. The ''Rondon as the closer'' fiasco and the inability to create a decent bullpen in 2013 has to fall on him. Also, according to some, he waited too long to get rid of Jim Leyland. (I wonder if DD's star might dim if he hires Lloyd Mac - or even Dusty Baker - as manager)

Anyone else hope that the WS ends quickly....so Detroit can name a new manager ASAP? I don't really have a favorite this year....so if the Red Sox want to sweep the Cardinals....no problem.