• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD job was on the line. Tigers needed to win a world series. how many years
has DD got?
GM need to win to. They were talking about DD last couple years.Now Leyland is gone. DD bought him self a couple more years.

I think he has don't a good job. Plus he can deal with Boris.
BUT. He did nothing about the bull pen. That deal with Fielder is not looking to good now is it?????
This tiger team has no speed. A few changes must be made. He will be judge on these moves...plus his new manager. you bet his ass is on the line..to WIN!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr hockey... sharks had a little trouble up in TO tonight...
no points tonight..is the slide starting earlier this year in San jose????

by the way. Free press wrote today. Both teams looked so tired. that it was a snoozer of a game. no wonder both teams could score in reg. lol

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk today was.

NO to Baker. he is very unlikely to be offered the job

Charlie manuel the former Phillie coach has been mentioned. He has said already he would like the job.
the dummys on the radio seem to think Lloyd Mc will get a chance.
he did wonders for the pirates....
Gibson said he wants to stay in Arizona..

dam ..I would have loved to have Terry Francona

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr hockey... sharks had a little trouble up in TO tonight...
no points tonight..is the slide starting earlier this year in San jose????

by the way. Free press wrote today. Both teams looked so tired. that it was a snoozer of a game. no wonder both teams could score in reg. lol

Did you consume bath salts before posting?

Sharks play Boston on Thursday dummy.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight. didn't sharks play the leafs??

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oo sorry it was the Ducks. same thing isn't it? really?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this girl I know in Cambridge was bragging in texts about beating the sharks tonight lol blame her.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this girl I know in Cambridge was bragging in texts about beating the sharks tonight lol blame her.

This broad better be hot Dougy!!! Cuz she don't got the brains.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I just told her that ..

she is a nice blonde. to bad its over now.... :-(

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hired Jim Leyland? Fans here are saying JL did a horrible job and cost us at least one World Series. Will what jerk hired Leyland in the first place? I sure hope he isn't allowed to pick the new manager!

:whistle:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hired Jim Leyland? Fans here are saying JL did a horrible job and cost us at least one World Series. Will what jerk hired Leyland in the first place? I sure hope he isn't allowed to pick the new manager!

:whistle:

Man do you ever get tired? Youre like a broken record......we know we know......you love leyland.....you dont like tiger fans.....this is like your 1,024 post about it since monday.....geez

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Press is going under the assumption that DD wants managerial experience - as he stated Monday. If he isn't blowing smoke...that leaves Ausmus and Brookens out.

"On Monday, Dombrowski declined to discuss the candidacy of Lamont or anyone else on the current Tigers staff to replace Leyland. He also said that past managerial experience would not be a requirement."

From mlive...gene lamont is the one that said the tigers need a manager with experience. I didnt see where DD said that he wanted managerial experience....just that it wasnt a requirement.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"On Monday, Dombrowski declined to discuss the candidacy of Lamont or anyone else on the current Tigers staff to replace Leyland. He also said that past managerial experience would not be a requirement."

From mlive...gene lamont is the one that said the tigers need a manager with experience. I didnt see where DD said that he wanted managerial experience....just that it wasnt a requirement.

Sweet..... Cuz Im ready for Brad Ausmus to take over.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man do you ever get tired? Youre like a broken record......we know we know......you love leyland.....you dont like tiger fans.....this is like your 1,024 post about it since monday.....geez

Why would I hate Tiger fans? And I never said I loved Jim Leyland. I just disagree with some here that give him so much ''credit'' for effecting how the Tigers perform. JL isn't/wasn't the best manager in baseball, but he did a good job in Detroit.

One of the many missions I have here (lol) is to play devil's advocate at times. Or at least point out other possibilities that exist. My mentioning that DD is partly responsible for any criticism directed toward Leyland is an example of that. Nothing exists in a vacuum.

BTW....THIS is the 1,024 post about it...you were off one.
:)

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey cora on mlb......"ozzie guillen would be a great fit in detroit".........i wonder if joey needs or wants a job in detroit.

I wouldnt mind it with all the venezuelans but i wouldnt want the chance of him and DD not getting along.....the sweet part would be if we did win it all with him, it would be a slap in the face to the white sox.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparty is gonna be sick and has some big games early.

MU in April was a unanimous top10 before blue was ill advised and left early. Were 17 now but as most know Buzz teams usually start unranked and end up close to top 10 by years end.

Gardner and otule will be a two headed monster and hearing Gardner slimmed down enough to play em together. Jamil Wilson is back and is the usual guy who makes the leap under buzz(butler, Matthews, crowder)

Top 10 recruiting class but McKay just transferred because were stacked up front and he's a JUCO junior. Top PG Duane Wilson fractured his leg so he may be out til conference play.

There will be kinks with guard play early but were big upfront so hopefully JuJuan Johnson(rave reviews out of camp) and Todd mayo(oj around town this year) will hold it down with no Wilson.

They sound like they will be pretty good.....they do play wisky every year right? I hate wisky with a passion. Thats why i always root for marquette....except when or if they play sparty.....loved wade when he was there, but now i cant stand him and his lil buddy lebron. I dont stay too far from where wade grew up in robbins.....his dad still lives over there and his mom has a nice house not too far.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sound like they will be pretty good.....they do play wisky every year right? I hate wisky with a passion. Thats why i always root for marquette....except when or if they play sparty.....loved wade when he was there, but now i cant stand him and his lil buddy lebron. I dont stay too far from where wade grew up in robbins.....his dad still lives over there and his mom has a nice house not too far.

Yup got Bucky at KOHL this year. Osu comes to us as well. Our 2nd best home win streak in nation is on the line. Sucks cuz it's early and injures/transfers set us back a bit.

Wade as been irking people lately with his play and on court complainants but see his off the court self and he's awesome. The fact he has custody of his kids shows a lot about how great he is and how insane the ex is. The woman almost always wins those cases.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Internet chuckle of the day. Found this on another board...

Cleaves2000

Yeah great....hes banned from here so now he came and ruined my al central smack talk thread with post after post about tiger wanna be fantasy baseball couch managers who blame everything on leyland. Over the last 2 days almost every post is the same bs over and over and over......​

Why da fuck they let him back?

This is cleaves personal thread? I did not know that! Do you need permission, from him, to post here? I was not informed, if this is so. Well, I sure am sorry I ''ruined'' it. Maybe if the OWNER of this thread had told me to be careful.....I would not have RUINED it.
PS...maybe ''they'' let me back for the same reason they let cleaves back when he was banned?