• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i think i was the first one to lay the blame on DD for having a WS contending team and hoping rondon would be sufficient. I never said DD was perfect, just much, much better than his predecessor. The same can be said for JL. JL garnishes much more hate than necessary, he was the best option and he is in a position where mistakes will be made.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he's in a position to collect social security. Which is cool with me. Legendary Lloyd just interviewed...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Porcello start game 163?

Dougies referring to game 162

Name one GM better than DD......no GM has every move work.....but he stole miggy from florida, fister from seattle, infante and sanchez from miami.......i actually thought getting veras and moving benoit to closer was gonna be enough.....even though i did say they needed one more move for a lefty reliever.....but they kept coke as the number 2 lefty.....rondon was also looking good until he got hurt....i would like to see them get 2 good lefty relievers this offseason and start smyly......then trade either max or porcello.....prefer max while his stock is high.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If randy smith was still with the tigers, ausmus would be a lock to be the manager since smith had him in SD, then got him not once but twice for the tigers...

Man the wings got throttled!! Such a jeckyl n hyde team

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Name one GM better than DD......no GM has every move work.....but he stole miggy from florida, fister from seattle, infante and sanchez from miami.......i actually thought getting veras and moving benoit to closer was gonna be enough.....even though i did say they needed one more move for a lefty reliever.....but they kept coke as the number 2 lefty.....rondon was also looking good until he got hurt....i would like to see them get 2 good lefty relievers this offseason and start smyly......then trade either max or porcello.....prefer max while his stock is high.

I know Fister is real good. Like possibly the best 4th starter good. But... He's a 4th starter. The Tigers lost the ALCS on account of a crap bullpen. And more importantly a one lefty bullpen. I think that the Furbush/Fister deal was clearly a win for the Tigers(barring Ruffin turning into something of merit) but a bullpen with Chatlie Furbush in it, in Detroit, might still be playing baseball tonight.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, thought we were talking 163. Fucking Inge... If you get hit by a pitch, freak out about it woulda. Man that little strikeout machine drove me nuts.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, thought we were talking 163. Fucking Inge... If you get hit by a pitch, freak out about it woulda. Man that little strikeout machine drove me nuts.

Not as much as leyland penciling his name in the lineup every night....man we had inge AND raturd playing in the same game.

Dont get me started on the boston series again smitty....

IF jimmy wouldnt had put smyly in to face ellsbury in a 5-1 game and saved him for big papi in case he came up with the bases juiced, the tigers couldve still been playing ball.....fister got one of our 2 wins......besides jimmy wouldve used furbush somehow and just wasted him for one batter. I mean we had coke on the roster to NOT face a lefty when needed?

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always wonder if Fielder had hit his weight in the Boston series, if a handful of pitching changes would have mattered. Or if Jackson and Hunter had got on base for Miggy, would managerial pitching moves have been noticed. Or would anyone remember pitching changes if Hunter had caught Ortiz' homer. But, most of all, I think the Tiger's season would have been extended if a small group of relief pitchers pitched like well paid major league pitchers....and not made their manager look bad.

Just an alternative point of view. :doh:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they play baseball tonight??
with out the Tigers in it..it seems like a let down..yawnnnnnn

iam not going to watch any of it.
Not a red sox fan.. and the Cards are so boring. even though they have had some good teams. just to boring..

what about Larussa????? maybe he isn't chugging to many budweisers a day?
he would be a good short term option for the Tigers

Larussa would NOT be good for Miggy's sobriety.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida was selling Miggy cheap, sold Infante and Sanchez cheap...because thats what the Marlins do. Everyone gets deals when they get Marlins players, been that way for over a decade.

The Cardinals GM....didn't sign Pujols and just keeps reloading at will at almost all positions.
TB GM....drafting well and picking up pieces to consistantly making them contenders with small payroll.
Oak GM....drafting well, developing well and adding pieces with small payroll.
Cincy's GM....despite Dusty...
Pits GM....small payroll, finding castoffs that become players....Grille, Melecon, Liriano, AJ, etc...having the guts to make some serious waiver claims this season, proved he will step on the gas when its needed
Detroits GM is definately 5th or top 5, about where the Tigers rank.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duh we got Miggy because we had to eat the contract on Dontell willis to. that was the worse contract in MLB history. still... we got Miggy.
DD has made some good moves.

BUT.
the only left hand pitcher he ever got that was good was KennyRodgers. even then he was at the very end of his career. 7 years with out a left hand pitcher!!!!!
what other team in the MLB has gone that long with out a starting left hander?????
and not a spot starter like alveris and Smly.

DD hasn't donr well in the bull pen either. Benoit was his best deal. and papa grande. thts it.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over all DD has don't a good jib. with the money he can spend..he better have.
BUT... its about winning it all.

howlong he been GM?? 8 years?

Tigers have to do better in the minor league system.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr hockey...Bruins got a late goal. sending sharks to there first loss.

seems when the sharks head east....its not so easy for them.

Lions 38 Cowboys 24

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Robertson.... Man that guy drove me nuts. Seemed like every time I went to a game in 08and 09 that dude was up in the rotation. DD was actually dumb enough to extend The DTrain once he got to DTown. Terrible move, but I liked it back in the day. I was a sucker for Dontrelle. Loved that leg kick. And Rod being ridiculous when he was on the hill. Hahahaha. Rod loves the black guys...

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I was yound every tiger game I went to Milt Wilcox was pitching. every time!!!

wanted to see jack Morris just once!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too,...... but he pitched for the damned Twins!!!!!!!! I got to see Tanana and Petry a lot for some reason. My dad got the wrongs days off work back in the 80's. hahahaha.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had seats by the right field foul line. where bull pen for the other team wa. in ol tigers stadium.

Got to watch rollie fingers warm up. when he was with Harvey wall bangers. brewers were good then.

he warmed up and then went in to seal the deal against the tigers. had his moustache waxed.. dam good reliever.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember sitting in the first row, upper deck, left field, against the White Sox. Went down to get autographs during BP. Frank Thomas smacked one right in my seat, my mom about jumped over the rail. She was reading a book. Hahahaha. I was busy getting Dan Gladdens autograph! We got DG, they got Morris. I still have the ball. Got Sparky's on it that day too. Ill give to my kids some day. If I have kids.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it when they flipped the lights on at TheCorner. You could hear em come on. And all those planes circling. Can't do that anymore. Kids don't know what they're missing. Troughs in the bathroom too. Those plastic owls hanging down to scare away birds.