• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mrhockey????

Whats up with burns?

Sore teeth or gums? Lol

Gonna be good in here tonight.

Finally sharks vs wings....not many of those games anymore. I hate the move to the east...

Wings win 4-1

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear......DD AND MR ILITCH RESTORED THE TIGERS BASEBALL TEAM.....

with thanks to the NHL salary cap too.

Having players like pudge, mags, JV, sheffield, guillen, miggy, prince, vmart, max, tori, granderson is what got the tigers back to being good.......ozzie guillen might of won a WS with those players.

:agree: the NHL cap never gets credited, but it should. All that Hot N Ready money headed north up Woodward. Thank you Bettman!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a little leftfielder dream, but Im gonna keep dreaming about it before I thumb it out. After the way the lineups went in the postseason Im not too sure Dirks is back. But then again, the guy making the lineups isn't gonna be back. Which is nice. :nod:

I read somewhere nicky c will get every chance and it might become a platoon with dk or dirks with him. And if it doesnt work out, LF will be what we address at trade deadline.....i wouldnt mind a fast leadoff hitter type in LF. keep jackson hitting 8th.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: the NHL cap never gets credited, but it should. All that Hot N Ready money headed north up Woodward. Thank you Bettman!

No NHL cap and the wings have 2-3 more cups and the tigers are losing 95 games.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capt.....try to ignore those types. You probably don't have the practice I have had in being the recipient of foul language and hate filled tirades.....but, they are only words. My personal method is to picture the creator of those type of posts, sitting at their computer, turning red in the face with smoke coming out of their ears....and I laugh. Hatred directed at words on a screen....that's funny in itself.

Heres how I picture one

stock-photo-cartoon-angry-man-isolated-on-white-background-61699975.jpg

Heres how I picture the other

hot_weird_funny_amazing_cool3_celebrity-big-mouths-7_200907260055138625.jpg

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know smitty is probably doing the "ostrich" thing....but I wonder if has considered that the new manager must be chosen with an eye on how he can deal with the ''8 figures a year'' guys. JL seemed to have good relations with Miggy, Prince, and JV. The new guy will have to do that as well. I bring that up because I wonder how Kirk Gibson would handle that situation....he is much more a 'my way or highway' kind of manager. (see Justin Upton)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere nicky c will get every chance and it might become a platoon with dk or dirks with him. And if it doesnt work out, LF will be what we address at trade deadline.....i wouldnt mind a fast leadoff hitter type in LF. keep jackson hitting 8th.

I have the leadoff type in mind....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mrhockey????

Whats up with burns?

Sore teeth or gums? Lol

Gonna be good in here tonight.

Finally sharks vs wings....not many of those games anymore. I hate the move to the east...

Wings win 4-1

Lol burns lacks teeth so the shot to the mouth he took left the gums sore.

Sharks win the shootout 1-0. Nice to get two points in a game where goal scoring is non exsistent. Fine giving wings a point as well since they are now in east.

Can't believe we only play 1 other time this year. That's a shame.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang Vikings... How many starting QB's do you have... damn. Next week they will trade for Cousins or something... No, but seriously, it is a circus up there for QB's right now.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dougy, I'll give you props on sayin Howard would shut down the leagues best offense. Sadly you didn't account for the fact we have a great goalie as well to fall back on.

17pts out of possible 18. Big start to a tough EC road trip.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since guys like Lions (below) and others cried and cried and got me banned from the Tigers' board, I would like to answer this here:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

I'm going to be honest here.. I kind of sad that Leyland has retired, but from what it looks like, he left on his own terms and wasn't forced out... With that said, I wanted his staff fired(McClendon and Lamont) for several years.. Always thought those two were bums.. People like iffy always misunderstood me and assumed I was a Leyland hater, but I wasn't..

Good lord what a lie! This guy has screamed for Leyland's firing as long as I can remember. I'd be willing to bet that he said the phrase, "Fire Leyland" 50 times (at least!) this season alone. Now he tries to say "I misunderstood him". Lions=TeHsUcKs has gone berserk against Tigers AND Lions coaches and players as long as I can remember. His attitude is always NEGATIVE. He spent hours Sunday screaming vulgarities about the Lions coaching staff and cornerbacks....now he tries to say I mis-understood his rants! Yeah, it's my fault. Disgusting.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol burns lacks teeth so the shot to the mouth he took left the gums sore.

Sharks win the shootout 1-0. Nice to get two points in a game where goal scoring is non exsistent. Fine giving wings a point as well since they are now in east.

Can't believe we only play 1 other time this year. That's a shame.

Yeah nice win on the road. Shocked it was a 1-0 SO win...detroit was missing kronwell and erickson....sharks are high scoring....so that was a shocker. Its good to get a point tho.

I never understood why the home team always choses to go first. Seems like you would want to go last. If u miss, you give the away team a huge chance. Sharks didnt even need their 3rd shot.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least i dont have to edit someones post to TRY and win an argument.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I am not trying to cause trouble with Tiger fans....but there was an article on CBS that said Legendary Lloyd is being considered as manager and that DD says he would have no problems continuing with the pattern developed, since it has produced good results over the last few years.

Would THAT ever be ironic if Lloyd Mac becomes the new manager.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For stalking me? Only thing i could do online. If it was in the REAL world.....dont worry, i wouldnt had "tattle-taled".........but i doubt you talk crazy to people in the REAL world......im pretty sure you and capt barely leave your houses and mingle with REAL people......hanging out with friends to you guys is chatting in a gamecenter on a saturday night.

But i guess you will set up shop in this room now since you are no longer welcome on the tigers board:laugh3:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah nice win on the road. Shocked it was a 1-0 SO win...detroit was missing kronwell and erickson....sharks are high scoring....so that was a shocker. Its good to get a point tho.

I never understood why the home team always choses to go first. Seems like you would want to go last. If u miss, you give the away team a huge chance. Sharks didnt even need their 3rd shot.

Yeah I couldn't understand them going first either. Especially when the sharks have many options and a good goalie. Should always want to go 2nd

Another reason two matchups is dumb. Wings had a depleted D. Sharks had no burns,Boyle, Torres or havlat. So the teams might meet full strength one time.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I couldn't understand them going first either. Especially when the sharks have many options and a good goalie. Should always want to go 2nd

Another reason two matchups is dumb. Wings had a depleted D. Sharks had no burns,Boyle, Torres or havlat. So the teams might meet full strength one time.

Dont the home teams usually go first tho? I could be wrong, but it seems the few shootouts i caught last year with the hawks, the home team went first..

Yeah wings moving to east sucks for rivalries.....san jose, colorado, and chicago to name a few.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For stalking me? Only thing i could do online. If it was in the REAL world.....dont worry, i wouldnt had "tattle-taled".........but i doubt you talk crazy to people in the REAL world......im pretty sure you and capt barely leave your houses and mingle with REAL people......hanging out with friends to you guys is chatting in a gamecenter on a saturday night.

You just can't stop with the personal insults, huh? Too bad, I have. I realized that it just brought me down to a lower level. But - it is a semi-public board - so have at it. I can be big enough to still talk baseball with you (or any of the others) whenever you want. :suds:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Home teams get the option of when they want to shoot.

Panthers did this to the wild on Saturday. But you're right a lot do go first with the option.