• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one Id love to hear that from is Vice. Course thats impossible

He was oddly missing from the Gametracker chats. Everybody was looking/asking for him. Guess he was too much of a coward to show up

Well, for one I congratulated the Red Sox on the "game six" thread.

They whipped the Tigers in everything but starting pitching. Hitting (what hitting?) was a wash, but they crushed Detroit in clutch hitting.

I remember also that the Tigers beat Cleveland in the end by one single game. Detroit has more talent in my eyes, but will they remain hungry enough to fend off a hungry and improving Indians' team.

Tigers have owned the Central. On a mortgage like any run. Will the run end?
d

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wanna celebrate a Tigers loss cuz they lost to a team I hate but funny how we haven't seen any comments aside from dougie...

I wanna hear all the Tigers fans who posted all year long how great they were, another year another failure!

But not as big a failure as that team from Tejas...

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Capt and Bums are enjoying their Saturday night. Pop the Bubbly boys, The Tigers only went 5-6 in the post-season. Ill be rooting for The Sauwks. Koji is awesome, Big Papi is Big Papi and if you don't like baseball if you don't like Pedroia. I kinda like Napoli too. Best FA signing there was this year. God damn our bullpen sucks...

True, true, true!!!

What follows the Tigers' closer?

A l-o-o-n-g offseason.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for one I congratulated the Red Sox on the "game six" thread.

They whipped the Tigers in everything but starting pitching. Hitting (what hitting?) was a wash, but they crushed Detroit in clutch hitting.

I remember also that the Tigers beat Cleveland in the end by one single game. Detroit has more talent in my eyes, but will they remain hungry enough to fend off a hungry and improving Indians' team.

Tigers have owned the Central. On a mortgage like any run. Will the run end?
d

Tigers got sick pitching. Damn shame the BP let Max down twice. Clutch hitting (against the BP) was the whole difference

For the rest of it - TBC in March. WS isnt even started & already feeling how long a wait its going to be for '14

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad you're back on here Capt. Should be fun talking Central Smack this off season as things start to shake up, settle, move, change, yada yada yada.

Looking forward to it Smitty.

I dont hate the Tigers at all - just a couple of the 'representative fan base' lol. Would absolutely have rooted for them if theyd beat the Sox. Also proud as hell that 2 of our former players (Vmart & Jhonny) ended up being your cornerstone in the playoffs. Just wish they could of played like that for us :nod:

ALC held its own this year. Tigs/Tribe/Royals got nothing to be ashamed of. We could shape up to be a division to deal with in '14

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until spring training, I will be working on plans to tweek the Tiger roster. Of course, it may be difficult to communicate my ideas because I get banned from boards because I am the recipient of threats, foul language, and insults. I will try and not respond in a like banner....and keep my shoes dry.

(It is amazing that I got kicked off the Tiger board because some guy with a negative name, negative manner, and a raging temper, does not like me. Geez....I never even responded to him!!!!????)

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Cleveland fans, are you ready for the Browns to visit Arrowhead next week?

Bwaaaaahaha. Long as the shit for brains staff keeps Weeden at the helm we dont stand a snowballs chance in hell against anybody. Losing Hoyer was just another bad joke played on us by the football gods...

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until spring training, I will be working on plans to tweek the Tiger roster. Of course, it may be difficult to communicate my ideas because I get banned from boards because I am the recipient of threats, foul language, and insults. I will try and not respond in a like banner....and keep my shoes dry.

(It is amazing that I got kicked off the Tiger board because some guy with a negative name, negative manner, and a raging temper, does not like me. Geez....I never even responded to him!!!!????)

Good to see ya back Iffy :suds:

Like your tagline a lot. Pretty much sums me up too - except Im not introverted or quiet :rollseyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see iffy. when I point out why we lost...I should suck it up and grow up??

just told the facts. any body with any kind of baseball knowledge would agree.

BUT... if I didn't..then that would be being a homer....
you talk out of your A$#..

Tigers lost because they made mistakes and Boston took advantahe of them.Also we have such a bad manager. only Leyland would let a guy hit 3rd or 4th for 17 straight post season games with out a RBI. any other manager would move him out of that spot .
that's fact.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes Tigers have some troubles. we all knew bull pen was not taking care of BEFORE spring training.

BUT. iam sure fans in KC would love to have our troubles. 3 straight ALCS appearances and all.
after all. we do have to make moves...BUt we don't have to pin our hopes on the likes of Hosmer

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes Tigers have some troubles. we all knew bull pen was not taking care of BEFORE spring training.

BUT. iam sure fans in KC would love to have our troubles. 3 straight ALCS appearances and all.
after all. we do have to make moves...BUt we don't have to pin our hopes on the likes of Hosmer

Yes, so much better to pin you hopes on Fielder, Avila. Inglesas and entire bullpen....thus the same results....who would have thought.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwaaaaahaha. Long as the shit for brains staff keeps Weeden at the helm we dont stand a snowballs chance in hell against anybody. Losing Hoyer was just another bad joke played on us by the football gods...

It's too bad the Browns lost Brian Hoyer to injury. He really had the team rolling. As for Weeden, he gift wrapped the game for the Lions last week, so I see what you mean Cap..

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really, I would rather build my own thing, I wouldn't "wish" anything. Granted, I am not the GM obviously so I am not building up any baseball teams, but why wish to be something else if you can build something of your own? Obviously Detroit is in a relatively desirable position (moreso than Kansas City) and will do well for several years, but why assume Kansas City fans want to be like the Detroit Tigers?

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry to see Jim Leyland retire. I wish him well. But I will have the future happiness of seeing Tiger second guessers begin their hate campaign against his replacement. While I realize that some of ''the haters'' will be smart enough to hold their complaints of the new skipper as long as possible....I predict a "we should have kept Leyland" to pop up sooner, rather than latter.

PS....I expect we will get a positive ''eyeballing'' report of the new manager during ST. :)

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty....will JL's exit (and Lamont's following) be the key to the Tigers grabbing a WS title in 2014 or 2015? I have seen it written by many that JL was holding the team back - hurting them more than helping. So, considering how close the Tigers have come in the last 3 years....is this move the removal of the final obstacle to a championship?