• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad part.. this boston team isn't better than the tigers.
they only had 39 hits in this 6 game series.

Every mistake we made ..they tuned it into runs.
Tigers made to many mistakes.
One key was Miggy being hurt. BUT. No body stepped up.
except V mart and jhonny.
It all goes back to Leyland. He doesn't hold players accountable.
you think terry Francona would let Fielder hit 4th that long?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got that right jay.

should have left Boston up 2 - 0.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good series Tiger fans. ya got some sick starting pitching.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson. looked as lost as he did his rookie season at the plate.

He reached base like 11 times in 22 ab's.

Speaking of Jackson, whats with the flippin the tongue thing? He looked like a 90 year old dude with false teeth.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he isn't a lead off hitter.
IF Leyland is back... guess where he will be hitting??? lead off!

Tigers need new manager, Left fielder,Bull pen. we knew last year we needed bull pen help. didn't get it.
Benoit is really a 8th inng set up man. he filled in great..BUT it was proven over and over he cant go more than 1 inning. Leyland brings him in the 8th to face big popi..

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, Inglesas Error, the only benifit he brings is defense....the bullpen, everyone in the country knows isn't good lets the series get away.......sorry but adding Hunter and Veras wasn't really what "going for it" is asking for....if the tigers don't actually commit to it next year....the window is about shut.

Jackkkkkkson was Jackkkkkson...

Fielder was Fielder...

Bullpen was Tigers bullpen...

The Tigers had good starting pitching and Miggy...but ask Ted Williams...thats not enough.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Capt and Bums are enjoying their Saturday night. Pop the Bubbly boys, The Tigers only went 5-6 in the post-season. Ill be rooting for The Sauwks. Koji is awesome, Big Papi is Big Papi and if you don't like baseball if you don't like Pedroia. I kinda like Napoli too. Best FA signing there was this year. God damn our bullpen sucks...

Great series Smitty. Really thought this one would go 7. Tough for Max losing both his starts. Who would of bet against him? Not me

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug....after all your positive (homer) posts during the season, always showing optimism, supporting the players, predicting Tiger wins over and over.....and now we get the crying at the end????? Come on dude....suck it up and show some maturity.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Capt and Bums are enjoying their Saturday night. Pop the Bubbly boys, The Tigers only went 5-6 in the post-season. Ill be rooting for The Sauwks. Koji is awesome, Big Papi is Big Papi and if you don't like baseball if you don't like Pedroia. I kinda like Napoli too. Best FA signing there was this year. God damn our bullpen sucks...

Napoli's been awesome, but I'd say Liriano may have been the best signing. Liriano had a 117 ERA+ over 163 IP . He made $1MM this year (plus health bonuses).

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wanna celebrate a Tigers loss cuz they lost to a team I hate but funny how we haven't seen any comments aside from dougie...

I wanna hear all the Tigers fans who posted all year long how great they were, another year another failure!

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna hear all the Tigers fans who posted all year long how great they were, another year another failure!

The one Id love to hear that from is Vice. Course thats impossible

He was oddly missing from the Gametracker chats. Everybody was looking/asking for him. Guess he was too much of a coward to show up

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Vice on Gametracker? Perhaps he was waiting until the Tigers were up 3 games to 0 in the WS before he willing to risk a "I told you so"?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wanna celebrate a Tigers loss cuz they lost to a team I hate but funny how we haven't seen any comments aside from dougie...

Hey Nos, what do you want to hear? Leyland fucking blows at managing a pitching staff? Austin Jackson can't run the bases? Prince Fielder can't hit in October? Iggy's hotdog D hurts when it counts? New Mexico can't throw strikes? Big Papi likes fastballs out over the plate with the bases juiced? Without a healthy clicking Cabrera the offense is nothing special/not very impressive? Infante disappeared this past series? Avila has the slowest feet of any catcher in the bigs? Cabrera doesn't like stop signs? Torii Hunter is old? Max Scherzer doesn't go deep into games? Smyly hasn't been effective in a month? Don Kelly starting in the playoffs isn't what his FanClub President wants to see? Beating Boston in a seven game series is harder than beating Cleveland in a 19 game series? Our pitching staff doesn't hold runners worth a shit? Jhonny Peralta isn't a leftfielder but is a solid professional hitter? Anibal Sanchez led the league in ERA but still can be hittable? Doug Fister is the best #4 in the AL, and can win with run support? JV is awesome? There's my overview, for now. There's prolly more. Oh yeah, Iffys shoes still smell like pee. :noidea:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napoli's been awesome, but I'd say Liriano may have been the best signing. Liriano had a 117 ERA+ over 163 IP . He made $1MM this year (plus health bonuses).

True. Liriano was everything he had ever been cracked up to be. But never had been able to quite string together. (I honestly just didn't think of him when i made my previous comment). He'll finish rather high in the Who's Not Quite As Good As Kershaw sweepstakes. And that is kinda crazy to say, and believe. Napoli made tremendous baseball sense to bring in to Boston. His career numbers said he would be a great addition. And he was a great addition. But kudos to Pittsburgs front office for gambling(although at a small financial risk) on FL coming off an offseason injury and an up and down young career.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one Id love to hear that from is Vice. Course thats impossible

He was oddly missing from the Gametracker chats. Everybody was looking/asking for him. Guess he was too much of a coward to show up

Im glad you're back on here Capt. Should be fun talking Central Smack this off season as things start to shake up, settle, move, change, yada yada yada.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AL Central is now officially to bed for the 2013 season...guess the smack talk is over as well as the list of teams waiting longest for a WS title...was sort of cool seeing 4 teams left that were all in the orginal 16 teams that started MLB...

I think the "vice did know his baseball" line is a perfect way to leave the AL Central smack talk session for 2013...I couldn't make up a joke that would make me laugh more than that line.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indys kicker better get fined for that hit. Shouldn't matter that he's a kicker. (Or that this is a AL Central Baseball thread)