• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I definitely did see anything on Gametracker. Too many Tomangleripper's, iffy's, Scuzz's and such to outweigh the Kev-O's that are worth reading and having back and forth with. But I'm just talking about this thread. Maybe it was vice, maybe it was a combo of things, idk. But I saw a white flag. And we can't be having that kind of thing 'round here. We gotta bring it, like AL Central foes. And in that spirit..... How about Delmon Young!?! Thrown away by the Twinkies, tossed aside by the Tigers, scrapped by the lowly Phils, only to once again become a Ray. And boy did that stupid, fat, unatheletic, oldest 20something year old ever, ever shine last night. And in doing so screwed up our chance at an Injuns-Tigs ALCS. I hate the guy. And Im betting on the Browns tonight.

Fukkin Delmon...who would of thought it? One man destruction squad. An Injuns-Tigs ALCS would of been the bomb. But in all serousness I couldnt have seen us getting by the Sox to get there. As? You guys got a damn good chance of making it. Looking like a Tigs-Red Sox matchup at this point

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like a Tigs-Red Sox matchup at this point

Most definitely not looking past the A's -- that series is going to be a bloodbath i think. Detroit's offense has been hurting since the injuries have mounted for Cabrera. If someone would have told me Miguel Cabrera would only have 2 extra base hits in 25 games, I would have called them a clown. I am really hoping the extra days off before the start of the ALCS has given him some time to heal up a bit, as the team really needs him.

Also -- Oakland fans come out of the wood works for the playoffs. It is obnoxiously loud in that stadium for the games. Drew Smyly was interviewed yesterday and said last year, he was sitting next to Porcello in the bullpen and they literally had to scream back and forth at each other just to hear what the other person was saying.

Can't wait for Friday night.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely not looking past the A's -- that series is going to be a bloodbath i think. Detroit's offense has been hurting since the injuries have mounted for Cabrera. If someone would have told me Miguel Cabrera would only have 2 extra base hits in 25 games, I would have called them a clown. I am really hoping the extra days off before the start of the ALCS has given him some time to heal up a bit, as the team really needs him.

Also -- Oakland fans come out of the wood works for the playoffs. It is obnoxiously loud in that stadium for the games. Drew Smyly was interviewed yesterday and said last year, he was sitting next to Porcello in the bullpen and they literally had to scream back and forth at each other just to hear what the other person was saying.

Can't wait for Friday night.

Oaklands brutal like that. Look what happened to Cueto at PNC. Fans totally got to him. Got to trust Scherzer & Co can block that shit out

As for Miggy - its wait & hope

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oaklands brutal like that. Look what happened to Cueto at PNC. Fans totally got to him. Got to trust Scherzer & Co can block that shit out

As for Miggy - its wait & hope

I really am not sure who I like more in that series...:noidea:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fukkin Delmon...who would of thought it? One man destruction squad. An Injuns-Tigs ALCS would of been the bomb. But in all serousness I couldnt have seen us getting by the Sox to get there. As? You guys got a damn good chance of making it. Looking like a Tigs-Red Sox matchup at this point

Fukkin' Delmon is right! Hate that guy, but still love his big brother. Boston'll have to score some runs on em though. I didn't want Tampas pitching staff in the tourney. I was cool with the play in game, but now im just hoping that series drags out. Hoping a lot more that DTown's pitching holds out. My biggest concern right now, The A's working Max' pitch out waaaaay up and the bullpen get overworked, or even worse, exposed. Scherzer doesn't go real deep ever, (he has a couple times shown the 8th inning is reachable.) so I'm hoping he goes six. Anything more than that would be gravy. The As are sneaky damn good. I don't like it anymore than I like saying it. But they are. And it's Jonah Hills fault. That fuckin stoner!

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer the Destroyer & Jordan Cameron gonna take us to the SB baybee

I know my Spartans sure miss Hoyer. What they have back there at QB now would struggle to complete passes in community college games.

Fukkin Delmon...who would of thought it? One man destruction squad.

For whatever reason, as badly as Delmon sucked in the regular season for the Tigers, he was money in the postseason. ALCS MVP last year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins led the majors in most pitches per AB!!! 4.2!!! Red Sox were 4.1!!!

Sadly, our high total was a result of our franchise record Ks in a season(broken in August). Sox was due to working te count, walking, and getting pitches to hit.

O well. We led in something not completely negative!!!

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
de;mon is a monster in the post season. most of his homers are on the first pitch to.

Hoyer out with a injury. those spartys are weak!! you wont see denard going down early in the year!!!!
wheres is KINIK???? he must be in heaven about his Browns lol

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts tomorrow.
Tigers have the best starting pitching in the bigs!!!

I really like sanchez in game 3 at HOME.

at the worst after game 3 we are 2-1..if we don't sweep them.
Verlander will pitch a gem in game 2. a gem I say!!!!!!!!!!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. that Kershaw is a stud. Best lefty in the game? I think so.

facing him in gane 1 of the world series wont be fun.
BUt facing Grienke in game 2 will be easier. He cant handle the pressure. he will fold

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts tomorrow.
Tigers have the best starting pitching in the bigs!!!

I really like sanchez in game 3 at HOME.

at the worst after game 3 we are 2-1..if we don't sweep them.
Verlander will pitch a gem in game 2. a gem I say!!!!!!!!!!!

What if I told you that the Dodgers actually have a better rotation?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. that Kershaw is a stud. Best lefty in the game? I think so.

Right now -- Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball, regardless of lefty or righty.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if I told you that the Dodgers actually have a better rotation?

I don't think you can go wrong with either rotation. Tough to argue which is better when one plays in the AL and one plays in the NL.

LA has:

Kershaw -- 1.84 ERA
Greinke -- 2.64 ERA
Ryu -- 3.00 ERA
Nolasco -- 3.70 ERA

Detroit has:

Scherzer -- 2.90 ERA
Sanchez -- 2.57 ERA
Verlander -- 3.46 ERA
Fister -- 3.65 ERA

Even with Verlander having a rough year, by his standards, Detroit #3 starter still won the ERA title and Detroit "#2" will win the Cy Young in the AL.

Both teams have multiple pitchers who can shut down offenses. Both teams have 4 very good starting pitchers. Since LA pitchers get to face pitchers, they will have better overall stats, but if you look at the Tigers stats against the NL this year, it shows you what they would do in that league.

Verlander 2-0 19 IP 3 ER 29 Ks
Scherzer 2-0 12 IP 0 ER 18 Ks
Sanchez 2-2 33 IP 7 ER 43 Ks
Fister 3-1 32 IP 9 ER 35 K's

So Detroit's starters were 9-3 in 96 IP, 19 ER and 125 Ks. Imagine what Detroit's pitching staff would have recorded for strikeouts if they were in the NL.

Here are a few of the games:

Fister 7 IP 0 ER 12 K's vs. Pittsburgh
Verlander 7 IP 3 ER 13 K's vs. Pittsburgh
Verlander 6 IP 0 ER 12 K's vs. Miami
Scherzer 6 IP 0 ER 11 K's vs. NY Mets
Sanchez 8 IP 0 ER 17 K's vs Atlanta
Sanchez 5 IP 0 ER 9 K's vs Miami (pulled after 64 pitches to rest for the playoffs)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say that I am a huge Kershaw homer right now ( TMIR did my dirtywork for me even for the most part)

I only watch the Dodgers when Kershaw pitches, and man, he strangled the Braves last night.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can go wrong with either rotation. Tough to argue which is
better when one plays in the AL and one plays in the NL.

Yes, for the overall playoff rotations, you do have to correct for the DH in the AL, which makes them pretty close. As far as individuals, I don't think anyone can argue that Kershaw is tops in either league. Even in the AL, I'd put this season at a 2.20 - 2.40 ERA, which would be better than the AL Leader, Sanchez.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say that I am a huge Kershaw homer right now ( TMIR did my dirtywork for me even for the most part)

I only watch the Dodgers when Kershaw pitches, and man, he strangled the Braves last night.

Kershaw is just flat out nasty. He has that hitch in his delivery to make it even tougher to hit him. 2013 isn't even close when talking about who the best pitcher is. Kershaw would win in unanimously if there were a vote.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats why i hate the one game wild card. It doesnt do justice as the team with the better starting pitcher is more likely to win the game. They play 162 games and earn a fuckin playoff spot only to be ousted after one game. Hate it.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers wont sweep them, series will most likely go five, athletics are a good team with hfa.