• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares, tigers won the cental and indians made the playoffs. The playoffs are what matters now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 biggest question in the AL in my mind.

1 How much did it take out of the Indians to fight and get that WC? how muchleft in the tank
mentaly ? did it take much out of them physically ?

2. Can the Tigers get the bats going again? Is Miggy still hurting?

If anything it took more out of Rangers/Rays. Not much work was put into beating shitty teams without problems---except Perez.

So hopefully they can stay in a groove, and tey are at home but the Rays is a dangerous team.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“In a small way, I feel like we've won the World Series.”

-dayton moore

And people said losing in a WS is a bad year......this guy thinks JUST finishing above 500 is like winning the WS......shoot for the stars and 86 wins i guess.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-dayton moore

And people said losing in a WS is a bad year......this guy thinks JUST finishing above 500 is like winning the WS......shoot for the stars and 86 wins i guess.

Hmmm, well, when the rumors say the FO took it personally about winning, I guess they were right...:L

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“What I’m saying, I mean, look, ‘World Series’ is the wrong term,” he says. “But I feel very, very good about where our organization is. It means a lot to me. You have to know how I’m wired. The only reason I’m a general manager is that this is my boyhood team. It’s a special place for me.…
“I had a strong relationship with my grandmother, and she loved the Royals. When our games are on at night, I picture my grandmother and people of her generation loving and tuning into this game. I know how important it is to their lives.…
“And it means a lot to me that little boys want to grow up and be baseball players so they can be like Sal Perez or Eric Hosmer. That means a lot to me. That means everything to me. That means more to me than winning a World Series.”
There’s that term again. World Series. I ask if he really means that.
“Without a doubt.”
I tell him I want to quote him on that.
“Yeah. Without a doubt. I want to win a World Series, and I expect us to compete to win a World Series. So that needs to be printed as well. But it means a lot to me that our fans are engaged with the team and love baseball.”
Moore points to a picture of George Brett hanging on the wall.

“That guy right there, the fact he would get back in uniform for us means a ton. I don’t think he’d have done it for everybody. I think he appreciates the passion with which we’re trying to build this thing.”

Read more here: What Royals GM Dayton Moore really meant by his ‘World Series’ comment - KansasCity.com

Very curious position from Dayton Moore if you take this at face value.​

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-dayton moore

If the Lions win at Lambaugh, Ill feel like we won the Super Bowl, in a small way. But Im me, not the guy paid big money to put a winning team together. I hear DD might be in the running for Commish. That scares the shit outta me.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good year for the Indians. Rays just have the pitching. Price and Cobb in do or die games can't be beat

Dougy, when you gona start listening to me?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It figures Cleveland finally has a rejuvenated year once the MLB introduces the new learning disabled "playoff" platform.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Indian fan..its over. BUT with a good finish. you were in it till the very last. WC wasn't so bad. I mean. in KC winning 86 games was like winning the WS lol.

at least Indian fan had a shot in October. Reds are gone to....you are always welcome to jump on for the big win with the American league defending champions Detroit Tigers.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sox330.. why would you put up that loser on your ava???

Rays have good pitching. but are weak hitting. Indians just ran into good pitching in a 1 game play off. Rays will be exposed in a 5 game series.
exposed like the rest of the Eastern conference in the NHL when the red wings take control. mr hockey must be so happy the Sharks wont have to face the wings again in the play offs

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind, the Indians lost because Capt quit on em back in August. That kind of mojo can kill a team. So can Ryan Raburn though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It figures Cleveland finally has a rejuvenated year once the MLB introduces the new learning disabled "playoff" platform.

They didn't introduce the extra wildcard team this year -- It was last year, so it would have been the same result in 2012.

Props to the Indians for the run they made at the end of the year. If they can somehow find a bona fide ace to add to their rotation -- they could be a good team. Those are tough to come by though.

Right now -- I think the Indians are at an impasse with their team. They are better than all the lower tier teams, but not as good as the top tier teams. I think this offseason will be critical for them, as if they are able to add a few pieces to the pitching staff -- they could challenge the Tigers for the AL Central crown.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sox330.. why would you put up that loser on your ava???

Rays have good pitching. but are weak hitting. Indians just ran into good pitching in a 1 game play off. Rays will be exposed in a 5 game series.
exposed like the rest of the Eastern conference in the NHL when the red wings take control. mr hockey must be so happy the Sharks wont have to face the wings again in the play offs

HAHA... at least that loser isn't taking his team to the wire against the likes of Akron and UConn... :doh:

They didn't introduce the extra wildcard team this year -- It was last year, so it would have been the same result in 2012.

Props to the Indians for the run they made at the end of the year. If they can somehow find a bona fide ace to add to their rotation -- they could be a good team. Those are tough to come by though.

Right now -- I think the Indians are at an impasse with their team. They are better than all the lower tier teams, but not as good as the top tier teams. I think this offseason will be critical for them, as if they are able to add a few pieces to the pitching staff -- they could challenge the Tigers for the AL Central crown.

You are right, that is my mistake. I thought it was this year. It's still a completely ridiculous platform. They advertised this as an "expansion" of the playoffs. All it did was take an event that happened every few years or so (one game between teams that tied for the WC) and make it an every year occurrence. Would've been better to expand it to 6, give the top 2 teams a first round bye and do a 3 game series for the first round. That at least would be entertaining.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougy, I'm sad the wings went to the wimpy conference. They were always a free advancement to next round for the sharks.

Sadly, they got scared.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind, the Indians lost because Capt quit on em back in August. That kind of mojo can kill a team. So can Ryan Raburn though.

:lol: I never ever quit on em Smitty. Was just real discouraged back then. Obviously you didnt see me on our Tracker glog every night, or read posts from other forums. Hell I even bought tix for the ALDS

No regrets. Just damn happy we ended up one game out & made WC at all. Coming back from 94 losses last yr to 92 wins this one was a huge accomplishment

Not scoring with RISP been our achilles heel all season. 9 LOB could of won that game if a few guys that could of brought them in hadnt choked. Well, coulda woulda shoulda - its ancient history now. Lessons learned that might hopefully pay off next year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the new WC game, it makes it mire exciting, but it is only one game do or die?? A team wins 92 games and would of normally made the playoffs and plays one game to decide their fate. Seems stupid, what if the second team in the WC game only wins like 80 games.

They need to start the season a week earlier and make the WC game a 3-game series or something. It just doesn't make sense.

I am not making excuses. The Rays would of beat us in any series, but I don't like a one game playoff when a team would of normally made it for just one game.

GREAT SEASON, Tribe!!! Never expected anything close to 92 games, so it is a win to just have the opportunity.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I never ever quit on em Smitty. Was just real discouraged back then. Obviously you didnt see me on our Tracker glog every night, or read posts from other forums. Hell I even bought tix for the ALDS

No regrets. Just damn happy we ended up one game out & made WC at all. Coming back from 94 losses last yr to 92 wins this one was a huge accomplishment

Not scoring with RISP been our achilles heel all season. 9 LOB could of won that game if a few guys that could of brought them in hadnt choked. Well, coulda woulda shoulda - its ancient history now. Lessons learned that might hopefully pay off next year

No, I definitely did see anything on Gametracker. Too many Tomangleripper's, iffy's, Scuzz's and such to outweigh the Kev-O's that are worth reading and having back and forth with. But I'm just talking about this thread. Maybe it was vice, maybe it was a combo of things, idk. But I saw a white flag. And we can't be having that kind of thing 'round here. We gotta bring it, like AL Central foes. And in that spirit..... How about Delmon Young!?! Thrown away by the Twinkies, tossed aside by the Tigers, scrapped by the lowly Phils, only to once again become a Ray. And boy did that stupid, fat, unatheletic, oldest 20something year old ever, ever shine last night. And in doing so screwed up our chance at an Injuns-Tigs ALCS. I hate the guy. And Im betting on the Browns tonight.