• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am honestly stoked for these playoffs. Only team left I don't want to see win is te sox. Rangers/sox is only potential series I wouldn't be interested in. Hopefully Indians or rays advance in WC

Tough road for rays but they got price and Cobb. Not bad options lol.

Tigers As should be awesome again this year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again..who have theIndians been playing lately? Xactly.

keep thinking the tribe made it close shane. only 1 game back BAWWHAAA
we rested half the team the last 5 games. we had it wrapped up a week ago.

and OH didn't those Detroit lions look so good today against the teddy bears????

Doesn't matter 1 gane back is one game back, nobldy looks at the box score in the last 5 games.

You can use that excuse who have they played, but these are still MLB players and teams. The thing is during this streak their pitching has been great and they are demolishing these lesser teams; which they should do, for the exception of CP.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again..who have theIndians been playing lately? Xactly.

keep thinking the tribe made it close shane. only 1 game back BAWWHAAA
we rested half the team the last 5 games. we had it wrapped up a week ago.

and OH didn't those Detroit lions look so good today against the teddy bears????

So, were you saying the bolded above about the Tigers when they had an easy schedule the past couple weeks of last season going into the playoffs? If you weren't, then that's quite the double standard, no?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, were you saying the bolded above about the Tigers when they had an easy schedule the past couple weeks of last season going into the playoffs? If you weren't, then that's quite the double standard, no?

He is just making excuses. The facts are Indians had a tougher schedule at other parts in te season and they took care of business when they needed to. Dougie still can't admit it.

We play the same teams throughout the season, and the Tigs had one more win and won the Central. Yah they had a good lead and rested their players but we took care if business and beat the teams we had to.

Dougie=scared :yahoo:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter 1 gane back is one game back, nobldy looks at the box score in the last 5 games.

You can use that excuse who have they played, but these are still MLB players and teams. The thing is during this streak their pitching has been great and they are demolishing these lesser teams; which they should do, for the exception of CP.

Ok, but you're kidding yourself if you think it was a close division title race. Did the Indians ever get within 4 down the stretch before the Tigers clinched ? Great job by your guys in any event. I hope we see them again in the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but you're kidding yourself if you think it was a close division title race. Did the Indians ever get within 4 down the stretch before the Tigers clinched ? Great job by your guys in any event. I hope we see them again in the playoffs.

Even if y'all would of kept your starters in, we still won 10 in a row. So regardless we would of closed the gap. I hope we win and play y'all too. I love revenge and rivalry games. More motivation.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougie=scared

Detroit was 15-4 against the Indians this year. What is there to be scared of? It isn't as if this is something new -- In May -- Cleveland was 12-2 in their last 14 games and Detroit swept both games against Cleveland. In August -- Cleveland was 10-1 in their last 11 games and Detroit swept a 4 game series from the Indians.

I give the Indians props for doing what needed to be done to close out the year and getting into the 1 game playoff. I actually hope they win, as I'd rather face them than Texas or Tampa Bay.

Granted -- Detroit has an extremely tough test to start the playoffs against Oakland. Detroit has the advantage with the starting pitchers, but Oakland has the advantage with the hitting right now, as Detroit's bats have disappeared recently. Hopefully they wake up, as this isn't the time to struggle to score runs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather face the Indians more than ANYONE! Have to find a way to beat Oakland first. Like you said, that'll be tough.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather face the Indians more than ANYONE! Have to find a way to beat Oakland first. Like you said, that'll be tough.

Absolutely -- It should be an extremely tough series with Oakland. If Detroit finds a way to get past Oakland, my next biggest fear is facing Boston. Those two teams scare me the most in the AL.

With both of those teams -- it is basically a coin flip on who is going to win. I like Detroit's chances against anyone else in the AL though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit was 15-4 against the Indians this year. What is there to be scared of? It isn't as if this is something new -- In May -- Cleveland was 12-2 in their last 14 games and Detroit swept both games against Cleveland. In August -- Cleveland was 10-1 in their last 11 games and Detroit swept a 4 game series from the Indians.

I give the Indians props for doing what needed to be done to close out the year and getting into the 1 game playoff. I actually hope they win, as I'd rather face them than Texas or Tampa Bay.

Granted -- Detroit has an extremely tough test to start the playoffs against Oakland. Detroit has the advantage with the starting pitchers, but Oakland has the advantage with the hitting right now, as Detroit's bats have disappeared recently. Hopefully they wake up, as this isn't the time to struggle to score runs.

Oakland would be tough, but right niw Boston would be the last team I would want to face in playoffs and if we win that's who we play. Like I said, regular season if out the door. Y'all had our number all year, but Francona has a way of his teams looking forward and not in the past.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all had our number all year, but Francona has a way of his teams looking forward and not in the past.

Detroit didn't play Cleveland 19 games in a row. The games were spread out thru the year, so he didn't do a very good job of looking forward against the Tigers. After beating the Tigers 2 out of 3 to start the year -- they went 2-13 the rest of the way.:whistle:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland would be tough, but right niw Boston would be the last team I would want to face in playoffs and if we win that's who we play.

Agree -- I actually look at the two teams as equals. Boston has that mystique about them, but both teams grind out ABs. I like Oakland's pitching better than Boston's, but MAN, Uehara is crazy good as the closer in Boston.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely -- It should be an extremely tough series with Oakland. If Detroit finds a way to get past Oakland, my next biggest fear is facing Boston. Those two teams scare me the most in the AL.

With both of those teams -- it is basically a coin flip on who is going to win. I like Detroit's chances against anyone else in the AL though.

There certainly isn't going to be any easy matchups like the Yankees last season, that's for sure. My honest hope is that the Indians win Wednesday against the Rays, (Id like Darvish and the Rangers to be gone, even though he didnt impress against Detroit earlier thus year)then take down Boston in a nasty, hard fought, extra inning laden 7 game series. The As series is going to be a hard one. A Red Sox series would be harder. Should be a Great October. Hopefully one that the Central shines in.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rays win!!!!

I was right. Doug was wrong!!!

Not surprising.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow mr hockey you got one right . wow.

even though Tigers rested half there team during the last 6 games.
The Tiger pitching staff was awesome. how come nobody talking about how strong they looked ???

play offs starting pitching is paramount...Tigers have it in spades.
Friday..... it begins

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-4. you know the Indians don't want no part of the tigers this post season.

Its not only this year. but last year also. 2years of getting beat like a dog.

you also have to believe the Indians might have used up a lot of energy getting that WC.
there might be a let down comeing...just saying

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 biggest question in the AL in my mind.

1 How much did it take out of the Indians to fight and get that WC? how muchleft in the tank
mentaly ? did it take much out of them physically ?

2. Can the Tigers get the bats going again? Is Miggy still hurting?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCHERZER VERLANDER AND THEN SANCHEZ

THE BIG 3.

in that order. 1 2 3 with fister and porcello coming out of the bull pen for long relief(if needed)

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez pitches game 3 AT HOME. for the sweep????

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to indians tonight