• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just meant they are in September best team in baseball. But as far as record goes, I throw that out the window once postseason starts. I go by who the hottest teams are going into the ostseason bc usually you see those teams succeed. Like Cardinals, Giants getting WC's and playing well down the stretch.

Should be a fun postseason regardless.

I been saying that ALL year....the team who gets hot at the right time will win......any team in the playoffs can win a 5 or 7 game series.....it all comes down to who has the big hit or makes the big mistake......sort of like hockey how a hot goalie can win you a cup. But i know for one, im not EXPECTING a world series.......but we do have a chance.....a 1 in 8 chance. The tigers downfall will be their lack of scoring.....one game they may score 12, then score 1 and 0 in the next two. If they get hot, watch out.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the Yankees blueprint MikeD. Our stars just aren't old as hell. (Or FAs like Cano)

Torii Hunter and Victor Martinez? bring in Veras?...don't do it this year, they will be just like the Yankees, bringing in more age to try and win it...

still take LAD postseason pitching lineup 1st but Tigers are 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano's contract offer is exactly that, for the money, if he lands on a team with a chance to win, thats a bonus (but if someone is going to pay that, they will pay others already to have a good team)

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm who have the Indians been playing lately??? Xactly

yes shane LOCKED Tigers are LOCKED in to be in the ALCS for the 3rd straight year.

its all about the pitching son. and a big dose of Miggy. add some prince and v mart. and oh yea don't frget about Jhonny P!!!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no 2Ber is worth what Cano thinks he will get None.
Tigers Infante has been so clutch this year. He is a FA next year. Tigers wont over pay for him.
Is Cano worth $20 million more than infant?? NO
is Cano worth $20 million more than Kipnis? NO.

Cano and his rap star agent are going to look foolish this off season

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tampa Rays are fading.
didn't I call that? iam pretty sure I told mr hockey they will fade. When it gets down to it.
Light hitting, I called it

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torii Hunter and Victor Martinez? bring in Veras?...don't do it this year, they will be just like the Yankees, bringing in more age to try and win it...

Tori hunter and vmart have one year left.....then they will be replaced.....veras is 32....hardly old...

Ajax is young....miggy in his prime....prince in his prime....jv in his prime....sanchez in his prime....fister in his prime....iggy is a rookie.....avila is young....scherzer in his prime....porcello is young......dirks is young.....castellanos is a young prospect......where do you see them being anywhere close to this years yankees? Aroid? Texeira? Jeter? Pettite? Mo? Soriano? Ichiro? Now those are old guys....or always injured....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't go wrong with two Cy Young Award Winners, Kershaw followed by Greinke. Tigers can't officially agree yet, but they prolly feel the same way. With the AL ERA leader and Dougie F rounding things out.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels were 8-1 against the Red Sox in 2008. That clearly worked out well for Anaheim in the postseason.

That is what scares me, as a Tigers fan, about the Indians.

Should the Indians win the wild card game, then somehow get past the Red Sox, it would set up a Tigers-Indians ALCS (if the Tigers get past the Athletics).

They could turn the tables after Detroit went 15-4 head to head in the regular season, and shock the Tigers.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tampa Rays are fading.
didn't I call that? iam pretty sure I told mr hockey they will fade. When it gets down to it.
Light hitting, I called it

Actually you called the Yankees. Wrong as usual.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpg

Wow all the al central teams did well today...detroit, minny, cleveland, and KC.......well except for cuntler and the bears....

Tigers AAA lineup no hit today....maybe it awakens the offense at the right time....rest up miggy!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the injuns havent lost in forever.....whats the chances cleveland is just cleveland and their long winning streak comes to an end in a one game playoff?

How bout that sparty hoyer.....showing the browns how to win eh?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the injuns havent lost in forever.....whats the chances cleveland is just cleveland and their long winning streak comes to an end in a one game playoff?

How bout that sparty hoyer.....showing the browns how to win eh?

As I recall, but didn't he play high school ball in Ohio?