• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was happy we didn't just roll over and actually made the tigs earn it. We also didn't have Arcia out only real threat with Dozier. Hurt his knee Monday in warm ups.

As for dozier, I hope he keeps it up. If he hits for average he will be very nice. Already has defense and pop. May allow us to have Arcia DH in future and let Rosario go back to his natural spot as a outfielder with Buxton and hicks. Or as I mentioned months ago, rosario/dozier could bring trade value.

Hope it's option 1. Arcia can rake, but boy he needs help in field.

For a middle infielder he's really catching my eye on account of his power. I remember you mentioning his extra base rankings awhile back and I hadn't realized where he stood before that. He could definitely bring some quality players or a real good player back in return if you guys went that route. But who knows what route that'll be. I'm wondering if this is actually the end of the road for Gardy? That'll be a weird day. I don't remember anyone other than he or TK running things in Minny.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of giving credit to players of opposing teams.. Alcides Escobar has had one of the better defensive SS seasons and with his speed on the bases and decent contact rate, he is definitely a great player of value. He has had the 2nd best defense at the SS position this season after the acclaimed Andrelton Simmons.. I predict Iglesius could be in the discussion atleast from a defensively standpoint for years to come once he gets enough innings to qualify of course(which should be next year).. One of the best moves I think the Tigers made recently especially for the future..

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of giving credit to players of opposing teams.. Alcides Escobar has had one of the better defensive SS seasons and with his speed on the bases and decent contact rate, he is definitely a great player of value. He has had the 2nd best defense at the SS season after the acclaimed Andrelton Simmons.. I predict Iglesius could be in the discussion atleast from a defensively standpoint for years to come.. One of the best moves I think the Tigers made recently especially for the future..

If only Escobar could hit like last year...
:L

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to say hey and hope everyone is doing well...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals owe the White Sox an extra special present for being a pain in the ass for us this year: 100 losses for Chicago

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not about "convincing" FA'a, its about paying them, Cabrera, Fielder, JV didn't stay with Detroit because of the chance, they came for the money, if they don't get paid, they are gone, there are plenty of teams they could have gone with for the chance and if any team, say the Cubs, would have offered a lot more money, they have and gone to those teams..., and the Royals will have enough to get 1 or 2 this off season. I just hope it isn't Santana.

Would like to see them talk to Shields first about extending, with the money they free up after this year, they should really put the full court pressure out for him to mentor Duffy, Ventura, Almonte along.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not about "convincing" FA'a, its about paying them, Cabrera, Fielder, JV didn't stay with Detroit because of the chance, they came for the money, if they don't get paid, they are gone, there are plenty of teams they could have gone with for the chance and if any team, say the Cubs, would have offered a lot more money, they have and gone to those teams..., and the Royals will have enough to get 1 or 2 this off season. I just hope it isn't Santana.

Would like to see them talk to Shields first about extending, with the money they free up after this year, they should really put the full court pressure out for him to mentor Duffy, Ventura, Almonte along.

The tigers out-bid the cubs for sanchez...if you want to win, you have to pay the stars.....thats a reason hosmer will be a future yankee i believe. JV could of gotten more, but he wanted to stay with detroit. Miggy was traded to detroit, and detroit extended him...when teams win, players get paid....thats why its hard keeping great teams together......thats why detroit traded granderson before he became a FA.....they knew they couldnt pay grandy what he wanted, so DD flipped grandy and edwin jackson for ajax and scherzer.....now its time to flip scherzer for something.....kc should of flipped santana at the trade deadline in my opinion.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the only problem with the Indians right now is Perez. We give him work in the 9th in a 6-1 game and he has already given up 2 runs, a guy on 1st, and only one out.

Can't afford to have him in there during the most crucial time of the season, especially with everything else clicking.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now a 2-run HR. Fuck em, I'm done taking this bullshit!!! 6-5

Get this fucker out, his confidence is shot! Unfuckingbelievable!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Role player..... That woulda been nice. Has he even played in the infield this year?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tigers out-bid the cubs for sanchez...if you want to win, you have to pay the stars.....thats a reason hosmer will be a future yankee i believe. JV could of gotten more, but he wanted to stay with detroit. Miggy was traded to detroit, and detroit extended him...when teams win, players get paid....thats why its hard keeping great teams together......thats why detroit traded granderson before he became a FA.....they knew they couldnt pay grandy what he wanted, so DD flipped grandy and edwin jackson for ajax and scherzer.....now its time to flip scherzer for something.....kc should of flipped santana at the trade deadline in my opinion.

JV and Miggy were extended at the top end of their respective positions, they got paid...had a little to do with wanting to stay in Detroit ......if the Yankees, Angels, LAD, Tex offered the same amount, sure why not stay with Detroit, odds are about the same to win a WS.

Would FA's sign with Oakland or Pitt for Less, because of "an opportunity" to compete for division titles and the WS....hell no and haven't, they want to get PAID...has VERY little to do beyond that.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers win 3rd straight Central title...
Scherzer pitches his ass off..clinches Cy Young.
Iam worried about Miggy. he is still hurt and it seems it will affect his play in the p[ost season.

Our starting pitching staff has to continue to as good as they have been all year.

no other team can send out as good as 5 we have. 2 will be in bull pen for the play offs. it just might all work out... Miggy needs to rest the next 3 games!!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iam very surprised with the Indians. they hung tough and stayed in the race for the WC.

earlier this year. some tribe fans were about to give up. I reminded them. the Indians are resilent team. he wasn't over yet. they proved that right.

even though I liked the Indians last year manager.. francona has made them better.

all that said... loved to face the Indians in the play offs. we own them this year.. and last year.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. see the way jeter and petite came out to say good by to #42?
Yankees are so lucky to have Mo on that roster for so long.
he is done at the new yankee stadium. legend in his time.