• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today could be the day......max on the mound......he deserves to pitch the clinching game anyways.

Would be nice to get it tonight since tomorrows an off day.....that way they can party tonight and not have to play hung over...keep the scotch away from miggy!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the bubbly will be non-alcoholic again? (Drunken Miggy doesn't get brought up on here enough. I'd go to that well from time to time, if I rooted for one of the underling franchises in the central)

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the bubbly will be non-alcoholic again? (Drunken Miggy doesn't get brought up on here enough. I'd go to that well from time to time, if I rooted for one of the underling franchises in the central)

I agree. Instead of the dumb miggy on roids comments....id bring up how miggy chugged the scotch, then slammed the bottle and asked the police do you know who i am? If it happened now days, the cop might reply....yeah youre that triple crown guy....

DrPhilMcGraw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how it feels to be a Non-Tigers fan in The American League Central the past couple of years. The Detroit Tigers are driving the bus and will continue to, and The Indians, Royals, Twins, and White Sox have to sit at the back of the bus and watch our team continue to grow in power.

The Indians - While They have some nice hitters and can rattle off 10 game winning streaks from time to time will never give The Tigers any competition because they lack pitching to make anything to happen. Justin Masterson and scrap heap pitchers like Scott Kazmir just isn't going to get it done. I also don't care how good Terry Francona is, you haven't got the players on the field to get the job done. It don't matter how good of a manager you are.

The Royals - They went all in this season and this is the best product they can put on the field. Their fans are celebrating a 500.+ season but when you go all in you have to at least make the playoffs. Wil Myers trade will haunt them for years, and James Shields will be traded away at the trade deadline of 2014 for far less than Wil Myers which they gave up to acquire him. Ervin Santana will be gone, and big arbitration pay raises for Holland, Hosmer and many others. I firmly expect the Royals to fall back to 4th in the AL Central in 2014 with The Twins calling up Sano and Buxton.

The Minnesota Twins - Sure they have Miguel Sano and Bryon Buxton coming up, but two players can't over turn such a horrid roster especially one that is so bad pitching wise. Good luck unloading concussed Joe Mauer at $20+ Million a year

The Chicago White Sox - Fill In The Blanks. Chris Sale and Who Else? _ _ _ _ _ _ (Hint: Nobody)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how it feels to be a Non-Tigers fan in The American League Central the past couple of years. The Detroit Tigers are driving the bus and will continue to, and The Indians, Royals, Twins, and White Sox have to sit at the back of the bus and watch our team continue to grow in power.

The Royals - They went all in this season and this is the best product they can put on the field. Their fans are celebrating a 500.+ season but when you go all in you have to at least make the playoffs. Wil Myers trade will haunt them for years, and James Shields will be traded away at the trade deadline of 2014 for far less than Wil Myers which they gave up to acquire him. Ervin Santana will be gone, and big arbitration pay raises for Holland, Hosmer and many others. I firmly expect the Royals to fall back to 4th in the AL Central in 2014 with The Twins calling up Sano and Buxton.

The Royals are probably dumping money with Chen, Franker, Mendoza, (about 13 million right there) and then you have to consider all of the new TV money ( Atleast 20 million more). I am not saying they will do anything crazy in FA, but to think they can't do anything and fall to 4th is delusional. Oh, and dropping Santana is another 12 million ( Angels paid 1 million on his contract this year).

I suppose you can talk about Maxwell and Emilio Bonifacio clogging things up next year ( 5million combined approximately). Arguelles won't make it to 2014 so his last year (also 1.38) might be added as well for the sake of argument.

Before Arbitration, bonuses, and other items of interest, there is over 35 million to play with... Why the hell is it assumed we can't upgrade the team in FA again? Oh wait, we have guys like Ventura and Paulino who are better than Davis, Mendoza, and Chen... I guess the team can improve internally as well. The Royals are likely will have a just as productive SP staff as a whole regardless of what happens due to the simple fact that it is difficult to be as bad as Davis and Mendoza as SP'ers, the tricky part is finding a starter who can competently fill in the #2 slot in the AL. Guthrie in the #2 is a no-no.

1 Shields
2 ???
3 Guthrie unless someone feels like lumping a Ventura in here for fun
4 Duffy
5 Paulino

Ventura will likely fill in for an injured pitcher ( most likely Paulino)

In all seriousness, I am getting tired of the concept the Royals will not spend, if that were true, the Shields trade doesn't even happen because Glass would be "that cheap."

This "all in" for 2013 is a load of bs, all in if anything would be 2014 ( Highly questionable with guys like Ventura, Mondesi. and Zimmer in the minors... where is Howie Kendrick on this team!) when the payrolls will most likely increase

I am just curious, what do you expect the salary to be if the Royals did virtually nothing... Show me these increases and where they occur. I am highly skeptical to say the least...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Arbitration, bonuses, and other items of interest, there is over 35 million to play with... Why the hell is it assumed we can't upgrade the team in FA again?

I don't want to bash the Royals, as I actually respect their fan base tremendously (dabums being the exception) after the standing ovation they gave Cabrera in the final game last year. It shows they understand the game and the history involved in it.

That being said -- I think the Royals big problem is going to be convincing a top FA to sign with them. Most FA's want to play on a club with expectations of winning the division and a shot at World Series title. They also want to play on a team who they feel has an owner that will do what it takes to put the best product on the field.

Detroit was in the same situation as KC less than 10 years ago, so I've already saw what needs to be done to become players on the FA market.

One -- you have to make some trades to bring in proven MLB talent, which KC has done by bringing in James Shields. That is how Detroit got Miguel Cabrera, Omar Infante, Anibal Sanchez, Max Scherzer, Austin Jackson, Jose Iglesias, etc. Mid-Market to small market teams have to have a GM that can make deals to improve the team.

Two -- if you want to bring in a big name in the FA market, you are going to have to overpay for them. If teams are offering 4 years, you will have to offer 5 years. If teams are offering an 80 million dollar contract, you are going to have to offer a 90 million dollar contract. Money talks with these players and as much as winning means to them, a lot of them are all about the money.

Three -- becoming a winning franchise. string together some winning seasons and players take notice. especially with the young core on the Royals right now. players will actually want to come to KC to play, as they see they are in it to win it. this one is easier said than done, especially with the Tigers and how they have so many really good players locked up for the next couple years.

Four -- This may be the most important of all. Your GM has to be almost flawless with the moves he makes. Detroit has been unbelievably successful with their FA signings and trades. Trade for Cabrera and he is the best player in baseball. Trade for Infante and he has hit .300+ and good defense for us. Trade for Sanchez and sign him to a 5 year deal and he leads the league in ERA (or did, haven't looked since his last start). Trade for Scherzer and he will most likely with the AL Cy Young this year. Trade for Fister and he has been a rock in the middle of the rotation. Trade for AJax and he has shown he is one of the better defensive CFs and our leadoff man for 3 seasons now. Sign VMart and he has hit .330 and .303 in his 2 years. Sign Torii Hunter and he has been unreal as our #2 hitter and solidified our defense in RF.

Obviously Detroit has been blessed with an owner who was willing to open up his wallet and help turn a struggling franchise into one of the best teams in baseball. He is the one who said to go sign Prince Fielder, to bring in Torii Hunter, to bring in VMart.

Once KC gets over the hump -- I'd think the owner would have no problem doing the same for the Royals team. The biggest issue for KC though -- their attendance is severely lacking at games. They only sell about 57% of the tickets. If the owner finally figures out that if he spends a little more on the team, he will more than make up for it with gate sales -- I think KC could be really good. Not every owner is Mike Illitch though. He took the leap with the Tigers and this year, Detroit sold almost 3.1 million tickets for games.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to bash the Royals, as I actually respect their fan base tremendously (dabums being the exception) after the standing ovation they gave Cabrera in the final game last year. It shows they understand the game and the history involved in it.

That being said -- I think the Royals big problem is going to be convincing a top FA to sign with them. Most FA's want to play on a club with expectations of winning the division and a shot at World Series title. They also want to play on a team who they feel has an owner that will do what it takes to put the best product on the field.

Detroit was in the same situation as KC less than 10 years ago, so I've already saw what needs to be done to become players on the FA market.

One -- you have to make some trades to bring in proven MLB talent, which KC has done by bringing in James Shields. That is how Detroit got Miguel Cabrera, Omar Infante, Anibal Sanchez, Max Scherzer, Austin Jackson, Jose Iglesias, etc. Mid-Market to small market teams have to have a GM that can make deals to improve the team.

Two -- if you want to bring in a big name in the FA market, you are going to have to overpay for them. If teams are offering 4 years, you will have to offer 5 years. If teams are offering an 80 million dollar contract, you are going to have to offer a 90 million dollar contract. Money talks with these players and as much as winning means to them, a lot of them are all about the money.

Three -- becoming a winning franchise. string together some winning seasons and players take notice. especially with the young core on the Royals right now. players will actually want to come to KC to play, as they see they are in it to win it. this one is easier said than done, especially with the Tigers and how they have so many really good players locked up for the next couple years.

Four -- This may be the most important of all. Your GM has to be almost flawless with the moves he makes. Detroit has been unbelievably successful with their FA signings and trades. Trade for Cabrera and he is the best player in baseball. Trade for Infante and he has hit .300+ and good defense for us. Trade for Sanchez and sign him to a 5 year deal and he leads the league in ERA (or did, haven't looked since his last start). Trade for Scherzer and he will most likely with the AL Cy Young this year. Trade for Fister and he has been a rock in the middle of the rotation. Trade for AJax and he has shown he is one of the better defensive CFs and our leadoff man for 3 seasons now. Sign VMart and he has hit .330 and .303 in his 2 years. Sign Torii Hunter and he has been unreal as our #2 hitter and solidified our defense in RF.

Obviously Detroit has been blessed with an owner who was willing to open up his wallet and help turn a struggling franchise into one of the best teams in baseball. He is the one who said to go sign Prince Fielder, to bring in Torii Hunter, to bring in VMart.

Once KC gets over the hump -- I'd think the owner would have no problem doing the same for the Royals team. The biggest issue for KC though -- their attendance is severely lacking at games. They only sell about 57% of the tickets. If the owner finally figures out that if he spends a little more on the team, he will more than make up for it with gate sales -- I think KC could be really good. Not every owner is Mike Illitch though. He took the leap with the Tigers and this year, Detroit sold almost 3.1 million tickets for games.

This post, I can understand.

:agree:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah an article on cbs today had the RIP royals story.....predicted the royals finish 3rd next year....had a nice overall look at the team.....mentioned if this team was willing to win at all costs, and the owner would spend....then signing cano would put this team over the top......but that would never happen...

As for the way the tigers did it.....i remember when FA's didnt want to go to detroit.....then we OVER paid for mags.......signed an older pudge to a big contract.......their leadership was priceless......add in ALL the great moves DD has made and thats why detroit has just won their 3rd straight division title. Thats why i believe once vmart and tori are done, the tigers wont miss a beat.....DD will just go out and get the right pieces to keep this train rolling......as long as DD is in detroit, the tigers will own the central.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a way to clinch it......max wraps up the cy young and we win 1-0.....benoit shuts the door once again. At least he got that blown save out the way....

Gotta love jimmy moon walking.....didnt see geno anywhere.....was he in the back celebrating with a couple dozen crispy cremes?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love jimmy moon walking.....didnt see geno anywhere.....was he in the back
celebrating with a couple dozen crispy cremes?

Gene didn't like the way his tent....err... T-shirt fit, so he hid in an office.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah an article on cbs today had the RIP royals story.....predicted the royals finish 3rd next year....had a nice overall look at the team.....mentioned if this team was willing to win at all costs, and the owner would spend....then signing cano would put this team over the top......but that would never happen...

As for the way the tigers did it.....i remember when FA's didnt want to go to detroit.....then we OVER paid for mags.......signed an older pudge to a big contract.......their leadership was priceless......add in ALL the great moves DD has made and thats why detroit has just won their 3rd straight division title. Thats why i believe once vmart and tori are done, the tigers wont miss a beat.....DD will just go out and get the right pieces to keep this train rolling......as long as DD is in detroit, the tigers will own the central.

I would love for the Royals sign Beltran for 2-3 years. I think that could give the team so many more dimensions than it has now on offense.

Cano shouldn't be touched by the Royals with a 10 foot pole IMO, we have Emilio Bonifacio who has done enough to merit a flier in my opinion. Cano can take his 305 million/10 Yrs nonsense somewhere else.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene didn't like the way his tent....err... T-shirt fit, so he hid in an office.

Haha i bet genos 4X t-shirt looked like an xtra medium when he put it on.....then when it got soaked his man boobies were sticking out.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the Royals sign Beltran for 2-3 years. I think that could give the team so many more dimensions than it has now on offense.

Cano shouldn't be touched by the Royals with a 10 foot pole IMO, we have Emilio Bonifacio who has done enough to merit a flier in my opinion. Cano can take his 305 million/10 Yrs nonsense somewhere else.

The guy who wrote the story brought up cano....said thats kc's weak spot.....i for one am not sold on bonaficio.....hes a good bench/platoon/pinch runner player to me......i know hes done well for a couple months, but ive never been sold on him as an everyday player......whatever happened to jhonny giovatello? I got his autograph minor league card....i remember i believe it was his first game and he hit a HR i think....then he played well for a lil bit.....seems like it might of been vs detroit...

I believe kc needs a RF and a 2B......if they got a stud RF i could live with bonaficio at 2B.....they need some power....i see they were towards the bottom of the AL in power...but they also need a number 2 if santana signs elsewhere.....but i believe santana will have his down year once he signs somewhere....hes been too inconsistant in his career. If kc spent big time on a number 2 and a RF or 2B with power, they might make the playoffs.....i seen someone mentioned ugg
A in kc next year....ugh

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gratz to the Tigers for winning the Central again, they were clearly the best team this year.

You always been a classy kc fan moose.

At least people cant say detroit is only in the playoffs by default like they usually do....cleveland and kc made it interesting.....the injuns can sure beat up on lesser teams....just think if they had played detroit a lil better.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who wrote the story brought up cano....said thats kc's weak spot.....i for one am not sold on bonaficio.....hes a good bench/platoon/pinch runner player to me......i know hes done well for a couple months, but ive never been sold on him as an everyday player......whatever happened to jhonny [Giovatella]? I got his autograph minor league card....i remember i believe it was his first game and he hit a HR i think....then he played well for a lil bit.....seems like it might of been vs detroit...

I believe kc needs a RF and a 2B......if they got a stud RF i could live with bonaficio at 2B.....they need some power....i see they were towards the bottom of the AL in power...but they also need a number 2 if santana signs elsewhere.....but i believe santana will have his down year once he signs somewhere....hes been too inconsistant in his career. If kc spent big time on a number 2 and a RF or 2B with power, they might make the playoffs.....i seen someone mentioned ugg
A in kc next year....ugh

Gio flat out sucks at defense. He would need to hit 350 ( Assume the progression in OPS+ and WRC+ are typical) to offset his HORRID defense. Getz is better than that bum. I would rather see Christian Colon and his AAAA azz than Gio at this time. Gio is a bonafide bust at this point.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this fucked up shit out.....i posted on another thread about an hour ago.......i just came back and seen someone jacked my post and EDITED to say what he wanted.....it totally erased what i posted and let him change my words..

Damn i wanted the tigers to get the yanks again this year.....tigers struggle in fenway.....im so scared of boston...no fair we got to play them. Theyll beat the piss out of us

Last edited by CaptO; Today at 03:07 PM.

I didnt say that shit.....so watch out i guess people can just edit what you post and nobody sees your original post. Kinda fucked up aint it?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you see captain cry baby edited my post and changed my words.......but yet they kick people off this site for arguing for their team.....and they let people pretty much twist your words around and erase your original post? Its one thing to edit in a whole other window.....but he went into one of MY posts and changed it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this fucked up shit out.....i posted on another thread about an hour ago.......i just came back and seen someone jacked my post and EDITED to say what he wanted.....it totally erased what i posted and let him change my words..

Damn i wanted the tigers to get the yanks again this year.....tigers struggle in fenway.....im so scared of boston...no fair we got to play them. Theyll beat the piss out of us

Last edited by CaptO; Today at 03:07 PM.

I didnt say that shit.....so watch out i guess people can just edit what you post and nobody sees your original post. Kinda fucked up aint it?

I sincerely hope this is an elaborate troll job... I just saw that too...