• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good game well pitched and a well deserved royals victory ugh

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leyland has his moments thats for sure.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good game well pitched and a well deserved royals victory ugh

yes it was, nice to see Santana keep pitching for his pay day...the bullpen lights out again. Royals got the 1 win needed to keep them in it.....2 wins will really set them up well.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.... you whiny lil bitch. Now go get me kicked off too, so you can talk to yourself about flexing your mod muscles. (You aren't doing yourself any favors. Lil' bitches seldom do.)

lol...who is whinning? getting confussed

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, create it on the Tigers board and I'll restrict anyone you guys don't want on there. Here, it's fair game.

Well, don't call it the AL Central thread....Call it the Detroit Tigers Thread....I can talk baseball all day long...not just about the Tigers all day long...or whatever its called the two wanted to keep talking about.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got em tossed Nancy, take the credit, you deserve it.

I think they did just fine on their own, they can have the credit...they just wanted to bash people....not talk baseball.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to lay off the conspiracy threads... nobody has your address or pictures of your house... this guys is nuts... seriously... the royals lose and he goes back to talking about me... what the heck is his fascination with this TV show Miami Monkey? What the heck does that have to do with me? I don't watch trash TV so I have no idea what the heck it is or what its about... what the heck does a TV show have to do with my life? Or any "astute" bar owner in Miami? Why is he talking about me on this thread again? This guy is nuts man... I knew he was a troll.. but wow... he is crossing into padded room territory.

A loss tonight... and its curtains for the Royals season... an execution? LOL.. that may be going on tonight in Det... Royals season is about to get the stool kicked out from under it.

hey, might as well take you off ignore now....dude, just had to look at just your last post, no way am I going further back, lol, this is great stuff, if you just didn't tell EVERYONE Friday night in CBS's game center exactly all of that info about me, lol, you might have some credability...ehhhh, no, you still wouldn't. Again...great stuff...thanks for the input.

yep, keep believin in Tool man, BroncoSmitty, great choice there...a baseball talking machine, lol

anyway, back to baseball....again....

Guthrie v Max

Max having a bit of trouble getting number 20, but he was extremely due to not continue the best run supported starting pitcher in the league (around 5 1/2 runs a game) and the law of baseball of things working themselves back to reality...he wasn't going to finish the season with 1 loss...and over 20 wins...he could be due for a win, he most likely will only get 1 win out of his last 3 starts, hopefully it isn't tommorrow.

Guthrie is showing some veteran professionalism on no matter what just keep going, 14-10, if he got the run support Max has had, who knows what his record would look like. The great thing about him, he is a gamer and very experienced with pressure.

with the Royals now up 10-8 in the season series against Detroit...no matter what happens Sunday, the Royals beat the Tigers in 2013 any way you want to slice it.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea don't let max ERA get in the way of your think bums....

Guthrie couldn't carry scherzers jock...post season will show just how good scherzer really is

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who got banned?? I see bums is still here. figured it was him...since he don't have much baseball sence..

why o why risk sending Fielder??? not because he would get throw out..because why risk injury?????? how stupid is Leyland????? as said earlier in this thread..why not a PR???????
Leyland is a idiot... I cant wait till he retires...he has already costs us at least 2 rings...word

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
explain this "law of baseball" ..is this some thing that only you are aware of? I never heard it.
if so..maybe that "law of baseball" would seem to be working this year for the Royals...after being so bad since 1985... maybe you gots the law this year in your 3rd place finish??

Scherzer is DUE to win 1 for his 20th????? this will be only his 3rd try at 20.
the trouble with you bums..is you try to get tigers fans riled up..but you know have no truth to any of your words.maybe if you knew what you were talking about..people might listen to you

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Appears I missed a lot.

Why the fuck did Cleaves and Vice get banned?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leyland has cost you two rings Dougy? L O fucking L.

And Dougy when will you realize. Max can't hold anyone's jock. He lacks the HEART

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, might as well take you off ignore now....dude, just had to look at just your last post, no way am I going further back, lol, this is great stuff, if you just didn't tell EVERYONE Friday night in CBS's game center exactly all of that info about me, lol, you might have some credability...ehhhh, no, you still wouldn't. Again...great stuff...thanks for the input.

yep, keep believin in Tool man, BroncoSmitty, great choice there...a baseball talking machine, lol

anyway, back to baseball....again....

Guthrie v Max

Max having a bit of trouble getting number 20, but he was extremely due to not continue the best run supported starting pitcher in the league (around 5 1/2 runs a game) and the law of baseball of things working themselves back to reality...he wasn't going to finish the season with 1 loss...and over 20 wins...he could be due for a win, he most likely will only get 1 win out of his last 3 starts, hopefully it isn't tommorrow.

Guthrie is showing some veteran professionalism on no matter what just keep going, 14-10, if he got the run support Max has had, who knows what his record would look like. The great thing about him, he is a gamer and very experienced with pressure.

with the Royals now up 10-8 in the season series against Detroit...no matter what happens Sunday, the Royals beat the Tigers in 2013 any way you want to slice it.

Guthrie has an ERA+ of 100. he's been about as average as it gets. and even then, he's still getting a little lucky. His FIP is 4.73 and his xFIP is 4.55. He doesn't strike guy out and he doesn't get a lot of groundballs. Helps that he has one of the best defenses in the majors behind him. To his credit, he has pitched a lot of innings. He's a good back of the rotation starter, but that's about it.

Scherzer's gotten better run support (though Guthrie's still gotten pretty decent run support), but let's not act like the difference in W-L is because the Tigers score more runs. It's because Scherzer's been a *much* better pitcher. He's 4th among AL pitchers in WAR. He's been one of the best pitchers in the league this year, plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Ubaldo bounce back after two poor seasons. He's lowered his walk rate from 4.8 in 2012 to 4.2 (though it's still quite high) and raised his strikeout rate from 7.3 to 9.1 (currently a career best and 6th in the AL). He had a very rocky start (10.06 ERA in his first four starts), but he has a 2.72 ERA in 145.2 IP in his last 25 starts. He also has 150/65 K/BB and opponents are batting .239/.319/.363 against him. This year, he has an ERA+ of 109. It was 93 in 2011 and 72 last year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Ubaldo bounce back after two poor seasons. He's lowered his walk rate from 4.8 in 2012 to 4.2 (though it's still quite high) and raised his strikeout rate from 7.3 to 9.1 (currently a career best and 6th in the AL). He had a very rocky start (10.06 ERA in his first four starts), but he has a 2.72 ERA in 145.2 IP in his last 25 starts. He also has 150/65 K/BB and opponents are batting .239/.319/.363 against him. This year, he has an ERA+ of 109. It was 93 in 2011 and 72 last year.

Isn't Ubaldo in a contract year? It does seem like he has figured out how to pitch with lesser stuff.