• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is though, you don't see some of the little things as an outsider. He plays favorites for ridiculous players and hates others. Perkins is the only survivor of the gardy dog house

Guy can't think outside the box. So robotic in decisions.

Nobody plays favorites like leyland does.....he is very loyal to his vets....most fans never like their coach.

Last year the white sox fans loved ventura....this year they hate him...its all about winning....once they do that...then its all about winning it all..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, now that was pretty funny, will give you that..might be nobody posting in here after the first round of playoffs though..

detroit has done quite well in the playoffs, the last 3 times they went. they beat NY and Oakland before losing in the World Series in 2006. They beat NY and lost in the ALCS to Texas in 2011. They beat Oakland and New York, before losing to SF in 2012.

so while anything is possible -- Detroit has shown that they can win in the postseason. now they just have to learn how to win in a world series. Pretty disturbing to have a 19-9 record in ALCS and ALDS games, yet be 1-8 in the World Series.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is though, you don't see some of the little things as an outsider. He plays favorites for ridiculous players and hates others. Perkins is the only survivor of the gardy dog house

Guy can't think outside the box. So robotic in decisions.

If I didn't know better -- I would have thought this was a Tigers fan talking about Leyland. Pretty much verbatim to what is said about him.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
detroit has done quite well in the playoffs, the last 3 times they went. they beat NY and Oakland before losing in the World Series in 2006. They beat NY and lost in the ALCS to Texas in 2011. They beat Oakland and New York, before losing to SF in 2012.

so while anything is possible -- Detroit has shown that they can win in the postseason. now they just have to learn how to win in a world series. Pretty disturbing to have a 19-9 record in ALCS and ALDS games, yet be 1-8 in the World Series.

so, in the postseason, they really have only beat Oakland and NYY in 3 postseasons? Oakland may have their best team in a long time with actual a few hitters this year and NYY may not be in....who knows what will happen...

Pressure is one stat that can't be messured I guess, Verlander can't keep hoping to face last year's Oaklands lineup every game. Maybe it will be his year this year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this guys bs is like getting a tattoo on my eyeballs... seriously.. I want to see Det win a world series for many reasons.. and one of the top reasons is to shut this fucking clown up.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry CaptO....but rooting for the White Sox tonight, the Indians got there 1 win for the series. Go White Sox....(hold it, we can still root for other teams other than Det, right???)

and lets go BoSox

Gotta do what you gotta do Bums. Root for your team. Ill never root for Detoilet but got to 'hope' for W in this case LOL

& yep - go Bosox, As & Jays :yahoo:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've asked before, but I'll ask again. What exactly does a mod do? (If its piss and moan and be the only person who doesn't think Bums is a trolling nitwit, I think TheHoop made a great choice). Sorry to break up the streak you were on cleeves.

A mod deletes & edits posts, merges theads, approves/unapproves images, offers suggestions to & takes suggestions from Admin etc

Bums is allowed to post on this thread - like any other ALC fan. You consider it trolling - most everyone else viewing it considers it 'giving back what the rest of us have been taking from Tigs fans the whole season'. This was NOT a decision made by me

Sorry to interrupt you Beaver Cleaver/Chatty Cathy - feel free to carry on in relative anonymity :laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I invite you all to come post on the Daily Thread (created M-F) - an all-teams sub-forum in the MLB Forum

Comon over with all your homerism, crystal ball predictions, arrogance & attitude. Those guys'll chew you up & spit you out

See ya over :laugh3:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, in the postseason, they really have only beat Oakland and NYY in 3 postseasons? Oakland may have their best team in a long time with actual a few hitters this year and NYY may not be in....who knows what will happen...

Pressure is one stat that can't be messured I guess, Verlander can't keep hoping to face last year's Oaklands lineup every game. Maybe it will be his year this year.

Detroit can only play the teams who make the playoffs, so yes, they have beaten Oakland and NY multiple times since 2006. Not much they can do about who they play.

As far as the World Series (2006 and 2012) -- Detroit just came out flat both times. Unfortunately for them -- they swept the ALCS in 2006 and 2012, thus giving the team a full week off without any games, while they waited for the NLCS to finish. It helps because you can set your pitching staff, but it hurts your lineup because you don't have a week off ever in the regular season and Detroit struggled mightily in each series.

This year -- it will be interesting to see who we play and how the lineup is set. Scherzer and Sanchez have been the two best pitchers on the Tigers. Verlander has been a middle of the rotation guy. Will Leyland move Verlander down or have him start game 1? Any way you look at it -- Any team we face -- Detroit will have a huge advantage for the starting rotation, as they drop Porcello to the pen, thus giving them a 1-4 of Scherzer, Sanchez, Verlander and Fister. No team can match that. That is why Detroit has been successful in the playoffs and I like their chances against this year.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander owns the royals. 15-5 soon to be 16-5
he has a gen going now.

Andy dirks has tied a MLB record!!! 3 put outs in 1 inning! the kid is a real go getter.

ooo mr hockey..sounds like sour grapes about Danny V..
maybe he just wasn't happy in Minnesota?????

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit can only play the teams who make the playoffs, so yes, they have beaten Oakland and NY multiple times since 2006. Not much they can do about who they play.

As far as the World Series (2006 and 2012) -- Detroit just came out flat both times. Unfortunately for them -- they swept the ALCS in 2006 and 2012, thus giving the team a full week off without any games, while they waited for the NLCS to finish. It helps because you can set your pitching staff, but it hurts your lineup because you don't have a week off ever in the regular season and Detroit struggled mightily in each series.

This year -- it will be interesting to see who we play and how the lineup is set. Scherzer and Sanchez have been the two best pitchers on the Tigers. Verlander has been a middle of the rotation guy. Will Leyland move Verlander down or have him start game 1? Any way you look at it -- Any team we face -- Detroit will have a huge advantage for the starting rotation, as they drop Porcello to the pen, thus giving them a 1-4 of Scherzer, Sanchez, Verlander and Fister. No team can match that. That is why Detroit has been successful in the playoffs and I like their chances against this year.

agree that a pretty strong 4 at least top 3 rotations of the playoff teams.. off the top of my head the best playoff rotation is the Dodgers...Kershaw/Grienke/Ryu/Nolasco...if teams go with a 3 SP rotation..the Dodgers are very much ahead.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry CaptO.....looks like Verlander was due after letting us spank him in all his other 5 starts against us this year...will take 5 out of 6 wins in JV starts any time...no worries....Tigers took game 1 last weekend too...it was the Royals #5 against JV...it was going to be tough.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry CaptO.....looks like Verlander was due after letting us spank him in all his other 5 starts against us this year...will take 5 out of 6 wins in JV starts any time...no worries....Tigers took game 1 last weekend too...it was the Royals #5 against JV...it was going to be tough.

Every dog (in this case JV) has his day, Bums :laugh3:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every dog (in this case JV) has his day, Bums

I guess JV has been a dog quite a bit, as he was 15-2 coming into the year against KC.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chen dominates... man that guy is good...

Tigers win 6-3... Royals season slipping away...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing sweeter than the Royals fans getting their hopes up, only to have them squashed at the hands of the Tigers. One game down, two to go.

There is always next year.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess JV has been a dog quite a bit, as he was 15-2 coming into the year against KC.

No doubt JV was great against the Royals back then...looks like Max and Sanchez are the ones now that I want to miss in any 3 game series this year.

just need to do what the Royals did last week...win the next two...only have about 4 or 5 losses left to give.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win the next 2? you in dream land.

Tigers are going to sweep the Royals. its all over for the royals. Wc was just a pipe dream any ways.

16-5 JV career against the Royals

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jhonny P in left field? that's the rumor ..against leftys at least.

speaking of jhonny.. johnny football looks to beat the tide again. you might hate the guy..but he wins.

of course by da bums reconing..since A&M didn't win a national championship..beating Bama and all those other games didn't mean nuttin...bums has to be kiniks son??

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleves...johnny football beats Bama again.
Saban still has the stink of sparty on him. As a former sparty..he will revert back to his losing ways