• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I feel every true fan feels: 1. Making the playoffs-good accomplishment, even better if it has been awhile. 2. Win a playoff game-great accomplishment, but not satisfied. 3. Win the AL (NL)--enough said 4. But really all else fails if you don't win a WS--that is just how it is. But don't get me wrong WS appearances and ALCS's (NLCS's) are great, just not the ultimate goal for a fan/player/coach.

Take one step at a time. It has been a while since Indians made the playoffs, but I have also seen them play in two WS's coming up literally just short. So itis mixed feelings, but for now payoffs is all I am thinking.

Yeah i was lucky enough to be a 13 yr old when the tigers won in 84.....was a great age to witness your team win....its good to see the tigers go from laughing stock in 03 to being on the verge of their 3rd division title in a row.....just shows, anyone can turn it around.....well except the royals....

Now only if the lions can JUST MAKE a superbowl....not even asking for a win.....just to make ONE!!
Gotta crawl before ya walk. Then if anyone tells me that the season wasnt a sucess because they lost???....i might just sock em in the mouth. :suds:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry.. but I want to win a WS bad... and that is the ultimate goal... but there is nobody in there right mind that is not trolling that can tell me they would not rather win 95 games in the reg season... make the playoffs... and lose there every year.. than not make the playoffs every year... ask the Twins fans here if they enjoyed the seasons they won the division and lost in the playoffs more than this year... I doubt they liked this year equally.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they did resign him... which I hope they do because they will regret it... They most likely will not see the numbers they got from him or shields this year in next years season.

Ervin Santana will back up over a 4.00 ERA next season. Bank on it. He has a career 4.22 ERA. And this stretch of good starts by Bruce Chen is a complete fluke. He's a career 4.50 ERA pitcher.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ervin Santana will back up over a 4.00 ERA next season. Bank on it. He has a career 4.22 ERA. And this stretch of good starts by Bruce Chen is a complete fluke. He's a career 4.50 ERA pitcher.

You mean to tell me.....all the fluke crap thats happened...chen and santana......hosmer FINALLY hitting......the GREAT gordon.......billy mashing butler.......the next inge clone HOF'er at 3B the moose......their SS being as good as iggy is for the tigers......cain being a GREAT CF.....the greatest closer.....lights out BP......the all world catcher perez......the GREAT waiver addition of "that guy" in RF.....being able to DESTROY detroit this year.....and all this and i havent even mentioned their ace shields.......AND THEY ARE STILL GONNA MISS THE PLAYOFFS???????:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR THIS POOR FRANCHISE TO SMELL PLAYOFF BASEBALL?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only guys on the Royals that I would bet on to improve next season would be Hosmer and Perez... and Perez is an injury concern.

Shields, Santana, Guthrie, Holland, and Chen will all regress... and I doubt you will ever see Fat Billy BBQ ever be more than a decent hitter... he isn't going to carry a team... nor is Gordon... Good luck to the clown that keeps posting here about how great they are for beating Det 9 times this year... but I will lay down cash right now that says they won't make the playoffs this year or next. When you look at that team... nothing about it says legit contender.. and nothing about their situation says it is going to change anytime soon.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career ERAs for KC's starters:

Shields = 3.84
Santana = 4.22
Davis = 4.22
Chen = 4.47
Guthrie = 4.27
Duffy = 4.82 (albiet limited innings)

Yet somehow, this powerhouse pitching staff has more potential next year than:

Verlander = 3.43
Sanchez = 3.57
Scherzer = 3.71
Fister = 3.55
Porcello = 4.59

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually feel bad for classy Royals fans like moose. Da55bums makes everyone here want to point out the massive flaws of his team... It can't be fun having a guy mouth off about your team... making other point out the painful truth.

In all honestly... I don't see the Royals winning anything of merit until they get a new owner.. GM... and manager.. in that order... because Glass has no plans to ever actually invest what it will take to win... and you will see that in the next 2-3 yrs when the Arb eligible players salary increase takes the payroll north of 90mil and he is forced to start trading the Hosmers, Butlers, Gordons, and Hollands and replace them with cheap "prospects"... and they will return to where they have been for the majority of the last 3 decades. Last

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career ERAs for KC's starters:

Shields = 3.84
Santana = 4.22
Davis = 4.22
Chen = 4.47
Guthrie = 4.27
Duffy = 4.82 (albiet limited innings)

Yet somehow, this powerhouse pitching staff has more potential next year than:

Verlander = 3.43
Sanchez = 3.57
Scherzer = 3.71
Fister = 3.55
Porcello = 4.59

Duffy has a problem even going 5 innings at this point... Nothing there tells me he is anything more than a back of the rotation guy... or reliever... nothing at all. He looks like Casey Crosby of the tigers minor leagues if you ask me.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone disagree with me that the Marlins have more of a chance to A) make the playoffs in the next few seasons B) add payroll C) win something of merit.... as apposed to the Royals?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Royals would/could spend some money in free agency they could do some competing. I haven't paid attention to the Marlins since they sold off all their FA acquisitions. Why would anyone ever sign with Miami after that? Mr. I gave Maggs money he didn't have to for two reasons. 1) respect for leading a team back to a top tier level. 2) so future FAs could see how he and the Tigers treat their players. Miami, to me, is KC two years ago. A bunch of young guys who may or may not pan out. One actual high level talent. And some type B guys. And I don't see type A guys being interested in stopping by only to get shipped out again. But maybe they're WAAAY better than their awful record indicates, idk.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....but i find it funny when fans say, if you dont win it all, its a failure.....making a WS or superbowl is huge. Most fans that say that never competed above pee wee leagues until they went out for the beer league softball co ed team....

Another example of what a moron cleaves truly is, you don't play to finish 2nd unless of course you are comfy or used to being a loser which in cleaves case could be true.

Speaking for myself I never said the ride wasn't fun but in the end if you aren't the Champion who gives a shit.

These guys are professional athletes making millions of dollars, they don't have to worry about money the rest of their lives, winning is and should be all that matters, not trying to take anything away from you placing 3rd with your prize cow when you were 12 cleaves, that was a great achievement.

Most fans that say that haven't competed above pee wee's? What an ignorant statement, but look at the source...

Twins in '15

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the ultimate goal.....but i find it funny when fans say, if you dont win it all, its a failure.....making a WS or superbowl is huge. Most fans that say that never competed above pee wee leagues until they went out for the beer league softball co ed team....

Yeah I played baseball for more than half my life and I disn't mean it as a fail, but a let down. But what loss isn't a letdown. Still a great accomplishment for sure though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky P gets his first CG, and his 60th career win. (The White Sox got 4 errors and a run.) Only 9 starters have more wins than Rick since he came into the AL. I still don't know all nine,..... but I know that's impressive.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky P wins goes 9 for CG.
Stops the losing streak. best 5th starter in the AL.

Indians lose to the Royals...
what was shane saying about easiest schedule?
BAAAAHAAAAAAAAWAAAAAA

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nosfer ... how many times did thevikings finish 2nd in the super bowl?

still. watching Tigers in the world series beats not being in it.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like women....they like me to

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most hits in MLB after the ASG... that would be V MART.

prince has 99 RBIs

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nosfer ... how many times did thevikings finish 2nd in the super bowl?

That would be 4 dougie, whats your point? Oh and how many times have the Lions finished 2nd in the Super Bowl? Zakly

still. watching Tigers in the world series beats not being in it.

Again, never said the ride wasn't fun but if you don't win, who gives a shit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like women....they like me to

He forgot to finish the sentence... "they like me to .... stay far far away".