• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are on a 9-game road trip near the end of the season, and the wear is showing. After 16 runs at KC, the offense has produced 3, 2, and 1 runs. Horrible at-bats, where they look like they are just going through the motions.

We have a 10-game home stand coming up, when I think the team can lock things up. But that will be a whole lot easier if we can get these next two wins in Chicago.

Yeah i agree....very sluggish......didnt even watch last nights game....seen sale was pitching....figured it wouldnt be good....plus didnt feel like listening to the hawk all night.....

But i agree....once we get home, we finish this thing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Cleveland has the easiest schedule in majors, have to take advantage. Tigs still have a comfortable lead but the way they have beat up on the Indians I am suprised it is this close really.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Cleveland has the easiest schedule in majors, have to take advantage. Tigs still have a comfortable lead but the way they have beat up on the Indians I am suprised it is this close really.

If ever you wanted an example of "that's why they play the games," it's the Tigers. 13-3 vs. second-place Cleveland, but only 6-7 vs. third-place KC and 8-6 vs. last-place Chicago. And last year the Tigers manhandled the White Sox (12-6) when the Sox were in 1st place for much of the season. Baffling.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lack of not playing the twins more....
and Indians. we kill the Indians. wish we had a few more games against them...they are trying to sneak in the back way..aint going to happen

So the Tigers would be BETTER if they played the Twins more? got it and agree with you...

FYI - the Tigers are 7-9 against the Royals.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit. 82-62
Kc. 75-69

7 games back......12 is the magic number for the hillbilly express to be eliminated....

Those are the ONLY numbers that matter

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kc is 2-5 vs the angels and 1-2 vs miami....

So i guess miami is better than kc?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit. 82-62
Kc. 75-69

7 games back......12 is the magic number for the hillbilly express to be eliminated....

Those are the ONLY numbers that matter

This is true.

Same reason I don't look at vs Tigs as mich, unless we face in a playoff series...then we're screwed!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true.

Shane im actually hoping cleveland makes the postseason......at least you didnt jump off the bandwagon like barney fife when the going got rough......how sweet would an ALCS of cleveland detroit be.....of course, thats when cleveland would prolly figure out how to beat detroit...

But give kc fans a trophy for going 9-7 vs the tigers this year.....with 3 yet to go.....woo hoo.....gotta celebrate sumthin in kc.....havent been to postseason since the 80's.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kc is 2-5 vs the angels and 1-2 vs miami....

So i guess miami is better than kc?

The Marlins will make the playoffs before the Royals... watch... they have a legit rotation.. which the Royals will not have next year... and Miami actually has the ability to add massive amounts of payroll and still be below league average... they have fewer holes in their pitching... and just as much offense.. with more of it being cheaper young talent.

Watch the Marlins go get Cano... that will make me laugh.. adding him at 25 mil would still put them under 60 mil and leave them with plenty of room to add more down the road...

With all the crying and moaning.. The marlins attendance is up from years past... vibe is getting better after having a ton of young talent come up and prove themselves... and hate on Loria all you want... he has WAAAAAY more money than David Glass and can actually spend if he wants to... which he will.. just because he is an ego maniac and wants to jam it in everyones face when he puts together a winner and all the fickle fans here come jamming the stadium to jump on the bandwagon....

Royals team can win all it wants and the fans will be at the demo derby or nascar.. In Miami.. the fans will actually come if the team wins.. look at the Heat's attendance when they have a playoff team, and when they don't... Dolphins the same... Miami is a bandwagon town... but its a sports town... KC is not a sports town.. unless you consider smashing cars into other cars a sport.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane im actually hoping cleveland makes the postseason......at least you didnt jump off the bandwagon like barney fife when the going got rough......how sweet would an ALCS of cleveland detroit be.....of course, thats when cleveland would prolly figure how to beat detroit...

I just care about making the playoffs right now, then I will look forward if we can do that. But right now, we aren't in the playoffs. I just hope we can take advantage of this weak schedule down the stretch

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose fernandez is the best young pitcher....better than harvey......he will be a stud again next year......hopefully capt fife will know more about the kid next year......salazar is only 21:laugh3:...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just care about making the playoffs right now, then I will look forward if we can do that. But right now, we aren't in the playoffs. I just hope we can take advantage of this weak schedule down the stretch

But "real" fans say making the playoffs arent worth shit....

They are usually the fans of teams who havent made the playoffs since 85.....but yet they celebrate win loss vs one team.....screw the overall record....its all about if we beat detroit.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to say that I commend you shane for sticking by your team through the losses. You didn't jump ship like the other guy on this thread that is a so called Indians fan.

You have gained my respect for now... If you can just keep humble and discuss things on a reasonable level.. I could actually see us getting along.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But "real" fans say making the playoffs arent worth shit....

They are usually the fans of teams who havent made the playoffs since 85.....but yet they celebrate win loss vs one team.....screw the overall record....its all about if we beat detroit.

This is how I feel every true fan feels: 1. Making the playoffs-good accomplishment, even better if it has been awhile. 2. Win a playoff game-great accomplishment, but not satisfied. 3. Win the AL (NL)--enough said 4. But really all else fails if you don't win a WS--that is just how it is. But don't get me wrong WS appearances and ALCS's (NLCS's) are great, just not the ultimate goal for a fan/player/coach.

Take one step at a time. It has been a while since Indians made the playoffs, but I have also seen them play in two WS's coming up literally just short. So itis mixed feelings, but for now payoffs is all I am thinking.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that I commend you shane for sticking by your team through the losses. You didn't jump ship like the other guy on this thread that is a so called Indians fan.

You have gained my respect for now... If you can just keep humble and discuss things on a reasonable level.. I could actually see us getting along.

Baseball is a frustrating sport, especially when you lose to a rival almost every game. I hope we make the playoffs and I will be pissed, but shit happens....I always have the Browns :laugh3:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone here can point out how the Royals will be better next year than they were this year... I would love to see it... They were built to make a run this year.. and are losing one of their top two starters. Even if they did resign him... which I hope they do because they will regret it... They most likely will not see the numbers they got from him or shields this year in next years season.

The rotation will be weak next year barring another miracle like Santana pulling a good season out of his ass... The offense is not that good right now... and will have to rely on guys getting better because with Arb eligible players getting chunky raises.. there will be no money to add talent...

People talking about the Tigers "window" closing should look at the Royals... Their rotation will be below average... their offense will be below average... their payroll is going to be max out and not allow meaningful additions without luck... they have a pitcher or two in the minors that COULD come up and contribute.. but nothing in terms of offensive prospects ready to do anything...

The Tigers have not hit a ceiling yet as far as payroll goes... they have guys like Castellanos that can add to the team next year... They have flexibility to make moves if needed.. and all the big names are still around for at least another year... lol...

The funny part of guys posting stuff about the Tigers "window" is this... They want to see the Tigers fail... its not actual fact.. its just what they want... So if they don't fail it just makes it that much better for Tigers fans...

A certain tigers hater will either never be seen again or will be eating crow until the Royals can win a title... which maybe never in their current ownership or form will happen.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I feel every true fan feels: 1. Making the playoffs-good accomplishment, even better if it has been awhile. 2. Win a playoff game-great accomplishment, but not satisfied. 3. Win the AL (NL)--enough said 4. But really all else fails if you don't win a WS--that is just how it is. But don't get me wrong WS appearances and ALCS's (NLCS's) are great, just not the ultimate goal for a fan/player/coach.

Take one step at a time. It has been a while since Indians made the playoffs, but I have also seen them play in two WS's coming up literally just short. So itis mixed feelings, but for now payoffs is all I am thinking.

:agree: Great post

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the ultimate goal.....but i find it funny when fans say, if you dont win it all, its a failure.....making a WS or superbowl is huge. Most fans that say that never competed above pee wee leagues until they went out for the beer league softball co ed team....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is a frustrating sport, especially when you lose to a rival almost every game. I hope we make the playoffs and I will be pissed, but shit happens....I always have the Browns :laugh3:

Baseballs frustrating because its a game built on failure....i say it all the time.....if you fail 70 percent of the time....you are still a 300 hitter....its easier for underdogs to win a series in baseball then a sport like basketball. Thats why its so hard to predict the WS champs every year....since the great yank teams in the 90's, what other teams did people expect to dominate all the way? Then do it again.....and keep being competitive?