• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closers have to be the most overrated position in baseball... A good reliever is all that is needed.. if you have a deep bullpen.. you have a closer... if you don't have a deep pen.. you better have a good rotation.. or having a good closer is meaningless...

Holland will never get you to the playoffs by himself... and Benoit will have more saves this year in the playoffs than Holland probably will have his whole career.. and I will stand by that statement.

Oh, I certainly agree about the Holland will never get a team to the playoffs by himself ( Where did you get that idea that people thought that way?) and Closers are fairly overrated as a whole. Holland came in with a 1.33 ERA and a whip of 0.88. He doesn't give up even 1 run in most situations this year so color me unimpressed.

...And KC has a fairly deep pen in theory when you have Donnie Joseph, Bueno, Coleman, and Smith in AAA most of the year, but the fickle nature of all relief pitching may or may not come into play.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More KC salary fun...

Most major league contracts carry a $50,000 bonus for players making the All-Star team.

Some contracts, as in the case of Gordon's, carry much higher rewards for getting selected.

According to figures obtained by Ronald Blum of The Associated Press, Gordon will get a $500,000 salary bump in each of the next two seasons. That will push Gordon's 2014 salary to $10.75 million and his 2015 salary to $13.25 million. In addition, Gordon's player option for 2016 will increase by $500,000, also to $13.25 million.

Gordon also is eligible for other escalators, such as winning the Gold Glove again, which he seems likely to do.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point from all this.. With the arb eligible players such as Hosmer and Holland cashing in... and Gordon about to add a few mil to his pay... Where does the cash come from to build? Is Glass ready to go to the big time and hit the 90-100 mil a yr range? I bet he doesn't... and I bet the starting rotation looks a lot more like it did last year than it does this year...

Or is a trade coming? Fat Billy BBQ and Gordon could save them almost 20 mil if they got those two off the books.. lol.. its going to be funny to watch them try to field a legit team now with all the salaries jumping.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt you start the avila thread on cbs at the beginning of the year when he put up good numbers? Maybe you should make another one to discuss how sorry he is again.....maybe it will work....but yeah....i dont like avila either....especially when he gets the start vs a lefty....but the tigers do seem to win more when he catches.

The "Good God I hate Avila!" Thread? Hahaha. He went nuts against the Os in Bmore the day after I created the thread. Hahaha. Winnipeg and I made TShirts anyway....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy wins player of the month for august.....

Dougie? You see dennard taking alot of flack for calling sparty lil brother? Even UM fans on mlive are telling dennard to just shut up.....kind of embarrasing losing 3 out of 4 to your "lil brother".......then in your only win, you kick 4 FG's? Dennard didnt have ONE TD in a UM win over sparty in FOUR chances. Cant wait for someone to blow him up in the NFL. Knock his shoes off!!!!

Wasn't that Mike Hart?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moose...butler, perez and boni just smacked the ball around all day...great day at the K.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I certainly agree about the Holland will never get a team to the playoffs by himself ( Where did you get that idea that people thought that way?) and Closers are fairly overrated as a whole. Holland came in with a 1.33 ERA and a whip of 0.88. He doesn't give up even 1 run in most situations this year so color me unimpressed.

...And KC has a fairly deep pen in theory when you have Donnie Joseph, Bueno, Coleman, and Smith in AAA most of the year, but the fickle nature of all relief pitching may or may not come into play.

Never can one player do it baseball, no matter what the position, and definately not Closer...Closers are like Kickers...if they do their job, the teams work doesn't go wasted...Why do you think teams with the top in salaries spend so much money to get better players mostly at positions other than closers.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moose...butler, perez and boni just smacked the ball around all day...great day at the K.

Moustakas had one hit.. and it was off a guy that had not pitched an inning before today... your team is going to fall off a cliff after this year... and its going to be funny to watch... your closer almost lost the game for you by giving up a hr to a 87 yr old... lol...

Enjoy the posts I put up there for you showing the payroll situation for next year...

Your team won't be able to afford to get better at starter.. because they have a handful of Arb eligible guys that are going to get hefty raises.. I can't wait to see what Hosmer gets... I am hoping its along the lines up 4-5 mil for next year... Holland will get 2 or 3 almost for sure... and that is not even including the 2 or 3 mil raise Gordon is getting.. lol..

Hope you enjoyed your run at .500 this year... It may not happen again for a while!!!

PS... I see you have backed away from posting bs stats about the Tigers... If you want... I can point out that the stats you posted about Hosmer and Butler hitting fastballs was made up.. and your idiotic post about Hosmer being a better Fantasy 1st basemen is false as well... You are a joke bro... flat out joke. EXPOSED

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never can one player do it baseball, no matter what the position, and definately not Closer...Closers are like Kickers...if they do their job, the teams work doesn't go wasted...Why do you think teams with the top in salaries spend so much money to get better players mostly at positions other than closers.

LOL.. this coming from the guy bragging about Holland all year.. LOL:lol:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 4 or 5 teams that have a complete team that will only lose by fluke bad luck or another team getting red hot... LA, Det, Bos, St.Louis, and Pitt. All the other teams have to many holes to compete. Either in their lineups or rotation. One of those teams is going to win it all.. and just because of the advantage of home court this year for the AL.. I am going to say it is either Det or Bos... Its a coin toss for either team... but I have to give the advantage to Det not just out of homerism... but in a 7 game series.. the Tigers rotation is much harder to hit than the Red Sox... and Porcello will be in the pen where he is a an asset... If you watched all 3 games against the sox... you can see that outside of the last game against porcello.. the red sox struggled to get hits off tigers starters.. and when it comes down to it.. Det's lineup is deeper also.

Here is my prediction.. Det 4 Pitt 2 in the WS

Royals will be fishing... but hey.. next year.. will be their year.. even with a ballooning payroll and an owner that will not spend much more to plug massive holes in the rotation and lineup... on a team that can't bring people to the park.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. this coming from the guy bragging about Holland all year.. LOL:lol:

lol, right...more like laughing at Detroit's bullpen and if anything bragging about the Royals pen.....

How is your favorite Bonderman doing?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, right...more like laughing at Detroit's bullpen and if anything bragging about the Royals pen.....

How is your favorite Bonderman doing?

Bonderman.. much like the royals.. will not be pitching in the playoffs... the last game against the red sox was meaningless... it was pitched on both sides by guys that will not start in the playoffs... miggy was not in the lineup... and most of the relief pitchers that pitched will not be on the playoff roster either...

The sad part about you is that instead of shutting up after being exposed as an asshat that posts fake stats... you come back and try and act like it never happened... karma will get you.. with every tigers win..it will get you.. and next year... the royals will regress due to the inability to add to the rotation after all the players get their raises.. enjoy the ride this year.. hope that .500 parade is fun.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 4 or 5 teams that have a complete team that will only lose by fluke bad luck or another team getting red hot... LA, Det, Bos, St.Louis, and Pitt. All the other teams have to many holes to compete. Either in their lineups or rotation. One of those teams is going to win it all.. and just because of the advantage of home court this year for the AL.. I am going to say it is either Det or Bos... Its a coin toss for either team... but I have to give the advantage to Det not just out of homerism... but in a 7 game series.. the Tigers rotation is much harder to hit than the Red Sox... and Porcello will be in the pen where he is a an asset... If you watched all 3 games against the sox... you can see that outside of the last game against porcello.. the red sox struggled to get hits off tigers starters.. and when it comes down to it.. Det's lineup is deeper also.

Here is my prediction.. Det 4 Pitt 2 in the WS

Royals will be fishing... but hey.. next year.. will be their year.. even with a ballooning payroll and an owner that will not spend much more to plug massive holes in the rotation and lineup... on a team that can't bring people to the park.

Guess ATL just sucks, lol...Pitt has the best pitching staff...feel free to think otherwise

Detroit's lineup is deep? I guess opinions definately vary...Miggy out and Detroit having problems keeping Max on top of the "most run support in the majors" list

predictions sure why not...everyone has the same chance of getting them correct...

Oakland 3 LAD 4....Kershaws consecutive Cy Youngs and WS performance sets him apart as the best pitcher in the league

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess ATL just sucks, lol...Pitt has the best pitching staff...feel free to think otherwise

Detroit's lineup is deep? I guess opinions definately vary...Miggy out and Detroit having problems keeping Max on top of the "most run support in the majors" list

predictions sure why not...everyone has the same chance of getting them correct...

Oakland 3 LAD 4....Kershaws consecutive Cy Youngs and WS performance sets him apart as the best pitcher in the league

Jesus you are an idiot.. ATL lineup has holes.. and the rotation is not even close to good. Pitt has a decent staff.. but is not even the best in the NL.. do you just post to post.. or do you EVER actually fact check?

Detroit's lineup isn't deep? There is one positon the tigers field that is not hitting above league average.. catcher.. 1...and that is only when avila is out there because pena is hitting almost .300...that means 8 guys are above league average hitters at worst... I can back that up.. its a fucking fact.. unlike you.. i post FACTS.

You are right.. predictions are nothing more than opinion.. your can come true.. wanna place another ticket bet on it?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who cares if Max gets the most run support.. he is among the league leaders in era.. which means he doesn't even need the run support... Its amazing the shit you can come up with to post... none of it is based on meaningful things... and when you chose to post a stat.. it is usually made up or exaggerated. You were exposed as a clown that lies and trolls.. you can leave this board any time you want.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bought 4 seat season ticket package to the Miami Heat... I had season tickets back in 08 and didn't renew... lower bowl... not really a Heat fan.. but I am happy to have gotten the call... My employees will be happy campers for sure.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennard is what he is... a running back that was playing QB in college... and decent defense could stop him from throwing.. very few could stop him from running. He will end up being a third down back at worst in the NFL.. and maybe a Reggie Bush type... if he can stay injury free. Never was a big fan of him... he was one of those guys that never should have been on the team as a qb.. but the spread offense forced the hand.. now that UM is back to fielding a big boy team... I doubt we see another QB like him again.. I held my breath every time he threw it... Gardner may or may not be great.. but I will say this.. I feel better with him back there... and he looked way better than MSU or OSU's qb's..even with 2 picks... I don't get the hype for that turd from Ohio... he mechanics are horrible.. if your team has db's that don't get lost in no mans land.. and can stop the run.. OSU will lose...

Prediction.. MSU will have a better record this year than OSU... watch.. its going to happen.

I look for sparty to be in every game because of their defense.....but that means when they play teams like western the score will be close.....i wish they would just bench maxwell and go with cook or terry....we need a QB who can run a lil....our WR drop too many passes...but the defense should keep them in most games....lets just hope the offense doesnt hurt the defense too much....

I just find it funny dennard found a way to take a shot at sparty....he really never had a good game vs us....i think he had around 200 yds rushing in his 4 games....he used to put that up in one game vs the lesser competition...i didnt see the UM game at all....not even highlights.....were they running up the score? Or was central that bad? I will be shocked if sparty scores 30 in one game this year.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonderman.. much like the royals.. will not be pitching in the playoffs... the last game against the red sox was meaningless... it was pitched on both sides by guys that will not start in the playoffs... miggy was not in the lineup... and most of the relief pitchers that pitched will not be on the playoff roster either...

The sad part about you is that instead of shutting up after being exposed as an asshat that posts fake stats... you come back and try and act like it never happened... karma will get you.. with every tigers win..it will get you.. and next year... the royals will regress due to the inability to add to the rotation after all the players get their raises.. enjoy the ride this year.. hope that .500 parade is fun.

I am not acting like it never happened....I added wrong...even admitted my mistake and moved on....thats how you do it when you screw up...its just the first time you have seen me do it...lol

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM offense flowed nicely against CMU... the way it should.. If they can flow like that this sat... and play the same level defense... they may be a special team... Their d looks great... and will get better... all that is a real question mark is how the pro style offense will go over the season vs top level defenses of Notre Dame, MSU, and OSU.

Yeah UM always looks like a special team the first 4-5 games.....how many times in the past years have their fans started talking heisman in early oct?.......forcier? Dennard? Then big 10 play hits, and defenses get better.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus you are an idiot.. ATL lineup has holes.. and the rotation is not even close to good. Pitt has a decent staff.. but is not even the best in the NL.. do you just post to post.. or do you EVER actually fact check?

Detroit's lineup isn't deep? There is one positon the tigers field that is not hitting above league average.. catcher.. 1...and that is only when avila is out there because pena is hitting almost .300...that means 8 guys are above league average hitters at worst... I can back that up.. its a fucking fact.. unlike you.. i post FACTS.

You are right.. predictions are nothing more than opinion.. your can come true.. wanna place another ticket bet on it?

Pitt has a "decent" pitching staff.......happens to be ranked #2 in the ALL of baseball...7 places AHEAD of Detroit....how are those "facts"...

ATL has THE TOP pitching staff in MLB.....that would be 8 places ahead of Detroit...

but hey, we all know YOUR the Fact guy, lol.

EDIT: Just for BONUS facts.....the Tigers are now 4th in just the AL behind KC, OAK and TEX.....Darvish is going to win the CY....that will be my next prediction.