• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In May last year, at CBS, I mentioned that Avila was heading along the same path as Geovany Soto. Stupidly, I mentioned it in a Tigers game glog, and was unmercifully shot down.

Wish I'd kept a copy of that glog...

I can't speak for all Tigs fans, but Avila stinks. Has since he got the call up a few summers ago and hit an RBI double to start his career. The horrid offensive ability wouldn't bother me if he could actually catch. But he can't, so it does. And yes, I blame him for last night. (Bad throw puts a man on third... Snowballed quickly)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left with 6 dougie... The bases were loaded and al al served a meatball for grand slam.

While AA did give up the Grand Slam -- it isn't as if Porcello left him with the bases loaded and 2 outs. It was bases loaded with 0 outs and RP just got done walking in a run. Once AA fell behind in the count -- he had to throw him something over the plate.

Unfortunately -- Middlebrooks teed off on it.

That was an ugly game all around -- it could have actually been worse, as there was a few really hard hit balls that found gloves early. Definitely wasn't a good game for Porcello -- we are going thru a rough stretch for RP, but like the rest of his career with Detroit -- it usually means he will have a string of good games coming up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are talking about Mike? He had the Tigers best start last week. I swear, there are a couple of you guys who can't wait for Rick to pick up an L so they can point out his flaws.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already is smitty.......& he lead the charge last night :suds:

Seemed like a short 15 days. I'm happy for you that Tito is smart enough not to use him at second. (Raburn doesn't have naked pics and Kipnis is a good player)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are talking about Mike? He had the Tigers best start last week. I swear, there are a couple of you guys who can't wait for Rick to pick up an L so they can point out his flaws.

Hey, I'm consistent. I think he's bad no matter the most recent start :yahoo:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say Verlander's 7 IP with 0 ER and 6 K's was the Tigers best start last week, even though Benoit gave up the GS in the 9th inning.

That being said -- the post I made was directed more towards those who frequent the Tigers game blogs. We've had in depth conversations on Porcello. Some feel he is going to be an all-star in the future, others feel he will always be a back end innings eater (I fall into the latter category)

Trust me -- I would LOVE nothing more than to be dead wrong on Porcello. He is just so frustrating to watch, because you never know which pitcher will show up.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Verlander's 7 IP with 0 ER and 6 K's was the Tigers best start last week, even though Benoit gave up the GS in the 9th inning.

That being said -- the post I made was directed more towards those who frequent the Tigers game blogs. We've had in depth conversations on Porcello. Some feel he is going to be an all-star in the future, others feel he will always be a back end innings eater (I fall into the latter category)

Trust me -- I would LOVE nothing more than to be dead wrong on Porcello. He is just so frustrating to watch, because you never know which pitcher will show up.

Is that you mikeD? I didn't know that!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that you mikeD? I didn't know that!

Yeah -- that'd be me. I had to give myself a more fitting screen name over here on Sportshoopla.:laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to sweep the Mets. That is all. Need some help from Rays and Yanks to get this fucking wildcard.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for all Tigs fans, but Avila stinks. Has since he got the call up a few summers ago and hit an RBI double to start his career. The horrid offensive ability wouldn't bother me if he could actually catch. But he can't, so it does. And yes, I blame him for last night. (Bad throw puts a man on third... Snowballed quickly)

Didnt you start the avila thread on cbs at the beginning of the year when he put up good numbers? Maybe you should make another one to discuss how sorry he is again.....maybe it will work....but yeah....i dont like avila either....especially when he gets the start vs a lefty....but the tigers do seem to win more when he catches.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already is smitty.......& he lead the charge last night :suds:

Seems like everytime the injuns get it around 5-6 games behind their fans creep back in.....then they will fall back 7-9 and disappear again. One minute theyre done with the injuns.....football time!!! Red sox time!!!! Then injuns win a few, tigs lose a few.....then they creep back in....like a teeter totter.....cant wait for it to just break.....too bad by week 4 the browns fans will be looking forward to the cavs.....or clevelands best run pro franchise....ohio st football....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last nights game was bad.....but now its time for the home stretch.....22 more to go......the schedule set up good for the tigers this year....once they finish this recent road trip...3 in kc and 3 in chicago.....we will get home, hopefully holding on to a nice lead still.....even a 3-3 split in those 6 would be decent.....4-2 would be great....tigers have alot of below avg teams left....just dont slip up and get swept in a series...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the last lengthy road trip of the year. And it has KC and Chicago on it. Gotta put some of these games in the 'W' column, and the next home stand could seal the deal in the ALC.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like everytime the injuns get it around 5-6 games behind their fans creep back in.....

I only stop in & post when theres something worthwhile to answer. Usually just full of lame, arrogant Tigers homerism - not worth the trouble reading n/m responding to