• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the last lengthy road trip of the year. And it has KC and Chicago on it. Gotta put some of these games in the 'W' column, and the next home stand could seal the deal in the ALC.

Yup 22 games to go. Every tiger win or injun loss crosses one more game off the magic number. I say keep letting miggy sit.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only stop in & post when theres something worthwhile to answer. Usually just full of lame, arrogant Tigers homerism - not worth the trouble reading n/m responding to

Yup im sure you didnt pop in just because the tigers lost 20-4 and the injuns won tho eh? Gotttttcha

Worthwile to answer?

Like the way you answered 4 games over 1.000? Wasnt that worthwile to answer, since you had most people in here scratchin heads...but yeah, im sure everything you post is "worthwile".....

Oh, and yeah......injun fans arent arrogant when theyre winning.....wouldnt celebrating 1st place in may be considered kind of arrogant? Or is tht just plain stupidity. Getting ready for a parade in june? But hey....

At least shane is still holding out for a WC.....you gave up 2 weeks ago and said go red sox.....whos the true fan? But tiger fans are arrogant? We have an injun fan in here who is ALSO a red sox fan.....and a royal fan who is ALSO a dodger fan.....go figure......at least when the tigers stunk, i didnt have to resort to team 2, just because theyre good.....usually just rooted against the yankees.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the way you answered 4 games over 1.000? Wasnt that worthwile to answer, since you had most people in here scratchin heads...

Serious...Id like a link to that. Dont recall ever making such a statement

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup im sure you didnt pop in just because the tigers lost 20-4 and the injuns won tho eh? Gotttttcha

Hey, just an opp for a timely jab... You guys give us enough but we cant give em back?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about their little over .500 record on the road this yr. We ARE playing in Cleveland you know...& there we are 1 game under 1.000

There it was .....1 game under 1.000

But im sure theres a good reason or you just dont remember.....tried to ask you what it meant, but i guess that was around the time the tigs roughed up perez and the injuns and some fans vanished....

It was right by where you said fernandez had 2 starts and salazar had jose fernandez stuff....

But those were all "worthwile"

I notice looking back for these, iffy was a swell buddy of yours......creepy.......heard hes stalking men on mlive now.....after 5 victims on here and cbs.....keep stalking along.....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:Holland blew a save? Holland gave up a run? Holland gave up a HR? Wtf is going on?

Edit: First blown save since May 6

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy wins player of the month for august.....

Dougie? You see dennard taking alot of flack for calling sparty lil brother? Even UM fans on mlive are telling dennard to just shut up.....kind of embarrasing losing 3 out of 4 to your "lil brother".......then in your only win, you kick 4 FG's? Dennard didnt have ONE TD in a UM win over sparty in FOUR chances. Cant wait for someone to blow him up in the NFL. Knock his shoes off!!!!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. where is bums to tell us how good Holland is.. and how much better he is than what the Tigers have?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy wins player of the month for august.....

Dougie? You see dennard taking alot of flack for calling sparty lil brother? Even UM fans on mlive are telling dennard to just shut up.....kind of embarrasing losing 3 out of 4 to your "lil brother".......then in your only win, you kick 4 FG's? Dennard didnt have ONE TD in a UM win over sparty in FOUR chances. Cant wait for someone to blow him up in the NFL. Knock his shoes off!!!!

Dennard is what he is... a running back that was playing QB in college... and decent defense could stop him from throwing.. very few could stop him from running. He will end up being a third down back at worst in the NFL.. and maybe a Reggie Bush type... if he can stay injury free. Never was a big fan of him... he was one of those guys that never should have been on the team as a qb.. but the spread offense forced the hand.. now that UM is back to fielding a big boy team... I doubt we see another QB like him again.. I held my breath every time he threw it... Gardner may or may not be great.. but I will say this.. I feel better with him back there... and he looked way better than MSU or OSU's qb's..even with 2 picks... I don't get the hype for that turd from Ohio... he mechanics are horrible.. if your team has db's that don't get lost in no mans land.. and can stop the run.. OSU will lose...

Prediction.. MSU will have a better record this year than OSU... watch.. its going to happen.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM offense flowed nicely against CMU... the way it should.. If they can flow like that this sat... and play the same level defense... they may be a special team... Their d looks great... and will get better... all that is a real question mark is how the pro style offense will go over the season vs top level defenses of Notre Dame, MSU, and OSU.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made my first ever bet on this site tonight!!!

Go Broncos!!!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to explain how he isn't?

Holland is not a elite closer... his stats are a small sample size... he has been doing it less than a year and a half... He doesn't scare anyone... If I am down by a run against Holland and have a good hitter on deck... I like my chances.. ask capto about how good Chris Perez was for a short time...

That being said.. Holland is one of the many failed starting prospects in the KC bullpen... with Crow, Hochevar, and a cast of others drafted to start but couldn't cut it... Food for thought for Royals fans.. something you guys don't seem to understand... Closers come and go... their lifespan is about 3 yrs... having the best one doesn't make you a great team... it makes a great team better.. nobody won a title from having a great closer... That being said... its funny how KC has so much "talent" and money in the pen and at DH.. but no money spent on the back end of the rotation... how did guthrie look today? lol... he is your number 3! Playoffs? Not happening.. not until KC can field at least 2 more legit starters... and you are losing at least 1 of your best starters this offseason... and if they were smart.. they would move shields and try to get back some young talented starters... but I doubt that happens either.. dayton moore is an idiot.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and just to cut off the Mo Rivera argument before it starts... He was not the reason they won those titles... it was the offense and starting pitching.. he made them almost unbeatable with a late lead.. but they had a late lead because of the lineup and rotation.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closers have to be the most overrated position in baseball... A good reliever is all that is needed.. if you have a deep bullpen.. you have a closer... if you don't have a deep pen.. you better have a good rotation.. or having a good closer is meaningless...

Holland will never get you to the playoffs by himself... and Benoit will have more saves this year in the playoffs than Holland probably will have his whole career.. and I will stand by that statement.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just to pile it on.. I would like to point out that the majority of KC's bullpen is failed starting pitching prospects that were not drafted to be in the pen.. they were drafted to start.. but sucked rectum.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland is not a elite closer... his stats are a small sample size... he has been doing it less than a year and a half... He doesn't scare anyone... If I am down by a run against Holland and have a good hitter on deck... I like my chances.. ask capto about how good Chris Perez was for a short time...

That being said.. Holland is one of the many failed starting prospects in the KC bullpen... with Crow, Hochevar, and a cast of others drafted to start but couldn't cut it... Food for thought for Royals fans.. something you guys don't seem to understand... Closers come and go... their lifespan is about 3 yrs... having the best one doesn't make you a great team... it makes a great team better.. nobody won a title from having a great closer... That being said... its funny how KC has so much "talent" and money in the pen and at DH.. but no money spent on the back end of the rotation... how did guthrie look today? lol... he is your number 3! Playoffs? Not happening.. not until KC can field at least 2 more legit starters... and you are losing at least 1 of your best starters this offseason... and if they were smart.. they would move shields and try to get back some young talented starters... but I doubt that happens either.. dayton moore is an idiot.

Holland wasn't really a SP prospect to my recollection... How could he be a failed starter? Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I definitely don't recall Holland as being a starting prospect for any meaningful length of time. Crow, Davis, and Hocheaver would be your failed starters you are thinking of.

Provide a link if you have evidence saying otherwise.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact... is at its highest payroll in decades... and will have to make some serious decisions.. because a ton of their guys are getting raises... this is a funny list.. but not to funny for kc fans....

player this yr salary next yr salary

guthrie 5 mil 10 mil

gordon 8 mil 9 mil

w davis 2.8mil 4.8 mil

all the guys that are arb eligible ie.. your boy holland, hosmer, collings, herrera, moustakas, cain, dyson, crow... lol.. will eat up what you would save from dumping hochevar and chen.... your payroll is going to be around 80 mil... and that is without replacing santana with a decent free agent... lol.. still feeling good about building your team next year? Still happy you have Holland doing so well? His arb numbers are going to eat up a couple mil that could have been used to get a free agent starter... Oh... and guess who else is arb eligible??? Hosmer.. think that one is going to be cheap? One word.. Boras.

Better hope ol David Glass is ready to open the ol pocket book.. because keeping the team as is.. will eat up most if not all of the salary money saved by letting the free agents walk... then what?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland wasn't really a SP prospect to my recollection... How could he be a failed starter? Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I definitely don't recall Holland as being a starting prospect for any meaningful length of time. Crow, Davis, and Hocheaver would be your failed starters you are thinking of.

Provide a link if you have evidence saying otherwise.

Holland was a starter in 08 in the minors.. look it up.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/1758975/greg-holland

Last edited by a moderator: