• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When comparing fat guys, you would most likely compare the power i would
think.....fielder 113 more HR's......what about RBI's? Why do you cherry pick
stats? Why post triples? Or stealing? Wheres walks, rbi's, and runs.....wow what
a troll.....

I agree. Total cherry-picker. Prince with the egde in HR by 113, and also has a 107 edge in RBIs (656-549) thru age 27 -- despite the fact that Prince had ony 10 at-bats at age 21, and Billy had 329 at-bats at age 21. And while Butler has a .298-.285 edge in batting average, Prince has a .389-.364 edge in OBP. Prince has 4 seasons of .400+ OBP, and another at .395. Billy's highest OBP for a season is .388.

Nice try.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon's not having a bad year, but he's been a huge disappointment. Especially after his last two years.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is a superb outfielder, and his power numbers will actually be above last year's. He's up on 2012 in home runs (15 to 14) and is even in RBIs (72-72). If you expected him to blast 23 HR again like in 2011, it looks like that may be a fluke year. Biggest difference between 2013 and 2012 is in batting average .268-.294 and doubles (24 this year vs. 51 last year/45 in 2011).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes -- Who hacked into Moose at 3rd's account and posted this???

Gordon is better than your LF'er

Cain has a better glove than AJAX

Unless you REALLY like Castellanos, then whatever I suppose, but that is asking a lot.

Hosmer vs Fielder is a wash

Butler > Vmart this year

Santana> Porcello

Shields> Verlander and Fister

Holland> Tigers BP

Crow> Veras

Herrera> Rondon

Collins> Coke

Smith> Bonderman

Perez > Avila and Pena

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes -- Who hacked into Moose at 3rd's account and posted this???

Gordon is better than your LF'er

Cain has a better glove than AJAX

Unless you REALLY like Castellanos, then whatever I suppose, but that is asking a lot.

Hosmer vs Fielder is a wash

Butler > Vmart this year

Santana> Porcello

Shields> Verlander and Fister

Holland> Tigers BP

Crow> Veras

Herrera> Rondon

Collins> Coke

Smith> Bonderman

Perez > Avila and Pena

Nah, it was me, I was just trying to get under Vice's skin, as Cleaves and Marsh pointed out, such comparisons are a bit questionable and could be labeled as trolling. There was a reason I wouldn't answer questions about Santana in a coherent manner.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why i been avoiding this thread....a bunch of bs....if a tiger fan posted some crap like this......certain twins and injun fans would cry about us talking that detroit is a great team.....if all these players are so great, why is kc so far back?

Why is JV detroits number 1 vs shields.......max better than shields.....sanchez better than santana.....how the hell does duffy equal fister? Really? Fisters been doing this for 2 years now....whats duffy had? 4 starts?

Now can equals jackson, but earlier someone from another team argued about how good ajax was last year....still decent this year....these kc players are being ranked because they had a few good months? Is gordon a RF? Cuz tori is detroit....but it helps to swith the lf and rf to make a point? There isnt ONE GM in baseball who would take kc SS over iggy.....hosmer equals fielder? Fielder is solid year in and year out never missing a game.....hosmer has been hot for a few months?

Kc has better lf, catcher and bullpen.....thats it.......THATS WHY THEY ARE SOOOOOOOO FAR BACK OF DETROIT.....

But notice nobody calling out the troll...

Welcome back moose....nice to have a sane kc fan here.

The point is...Tigers fans do throw out crap statistics and beliefs...every day. They want to believe they have one of the greatest teams we have ever seen but still no championships. If the Tigers were really that great, then why can't they win?....Miggy is having one of the greatest runs we have seen since Pujols, no doubt, but that doesn't make it a great team...just ask Dale Murphy, Carl Yaz, Jim Rice, Vlad, etc...all who also didn't win it.

JV is not having a good year and for Tigers fans to not call JV their number 1? again with the crap infomation...everyone knew going into the year JV was Detroit's number 1, now your bailing on the guy for a bad year, just means they jump ship quickly if needed and yes Shields and Santana are both pitching better than him this season and yes Santana 2008 was also better than JV's...JV's career is still currently better than both but all not finished...I think the Tigers true ace this year is Sanchez, he is having maybe his career year and everyone knows Max is...even history of baseball knows it.

Fister has been injury prone and inconsistant...a number 1 for a few weeks...a number 4 for a few weeks and DL for a few weeks.

Fielder is having a "down" year? but he only had 30 hrs last year...same pace. There are a ton of GMs who would take Hosmer over Fielder every day of the week.

Porcello...Tigers fans saying he will win 250 games in his career? got ya...again more great info

Guess this weekend will be fun to watch.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Royals have done a good job getting competitive. They really were set back by Hochevar not panning out as a top of the rotation guy. The trade for Shields will end up being the Royals version of Smoltz for Doyle Alexander IMO.

The Royals will need to add some guys via FA to stay competitive and I am not sure they are going to be spending cash. Very few teams can build through their system alone....Twins. And that doesn't last forever.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is a superb outfielder, and his power numbers will actually be above last year's. He's up on 2012 in home runs (15 to 14) and is even in RBIs (72-72). If you expected him to blast 23 HR again like in 2011, it looks like that may be a fluke year. Biggest difference between 2013 and 2012 is in batting average .268-.294 and doubles (24 this year vs. 51 last year/45 in 2011).

Yeah, the doubles being down really bothers me though more than the homers.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cardinals barely made the playoffs.....

they were last in the playoffs and STILL managed to win a WS...again with the great info...Tigers, what, walked into the playoffs, then walked out?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why i been avoiding this thread....a bunch of bs....if a tiger fan posted some crap like this......certain twins and injun fans would cry about us talking that detroit is a great team.....if all these players are so great, why is kc so far back?

Why is JV detroits number 1 vs shields.......max better than shields.....sanchez better than santana.....how the hell does duffy equal fister? Really? Fisters been doing this for 2 years now....whats duffy had? 4 starts?

Now can equals jackson, but earlier someone from another team argued about how good ajax was last year....still decent this year....these kc players are being ranked because they had a few good months? Is gordon a RF? Cuz tori is detroit....but it helps to swith the lf and rf to make a point? There isnt ONE GM in baseball who would take kc SS over iggy.....hosmer equals fielder? Fielder is solid year in and year out never missing a game.....hosmer has been hot for a few months?

Kc has better lf, catcher and bullpen.....thats it.......THATS WHY THEY ARE SOOOOOOOO FAR BACK OF DETROIT.....

But notice nobody calling out the troll...

Welcome back moose....nice to have a sane kc fan here.

Feel free to stick with the Tigers thread, much easier for them to buy the information produced...remember to vote early for Porcello's HOF ballet, he could be a 1st ballet HOFer with that many wins...lol

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to Will Myers HOF Ballet.

I wonder where Shields will be in three years.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fister has been injury prone and inconsistant...a number 1 for a few weeks...a
number 4 for a few weeks and DL for a few weeks.

I'll give you the inconsistent part. But Fister has had only one season where he hit the DL: 2012. And that was an oblique muscle in his side, nothing to do with his arm. He's made every start this season. In fact, only ONE Tiger starter has been on the DL this season, and that is Anibal Sanchez for the minimum 15 days.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is...Tigers fans do throw out crap statistics and beliefs...every day. They want to believe they have one of the greatest teams we have ever seen but still no championships. If the Tigers were really that great, then why can't they win?....Miggy is having one of the greatest runs we have seen since Pujols, no doubt, but that doesn't make it a great team...just ask Dale Murphy, Carl Yaz, Jim Rice, Vlad, etc...all who also didn't win it.

JV is not having a good year and for Tigers fans to not call JV their number 1? again with the crap infomation...everyone knew going into the year JV was Detroit's number 1, now your bailing on the guy for a bad year, just means they jump ship quickly if needed and yes Shields and Santana are both pitching better than him this season and yes Santana 2008 was also better than JV's...JV's career is still currently better than both but all not finished...I think the Tigers true ace this year is Sanchez, he is having maybe his career year and everyone knows Max is...even history of baseball knows it.

Fister has been injury prone and inconsistant...a number 1 for a few weeks...a number 4 for a few weeks and DL for a few weeks.

Fielder is having a "down" year? but he only had 30 hrs last year...same pace. There are a ton of GMs who would take Hosmer over Fielder every day of the week.

Porcello...Tigers fans saying he will win 250 games in his career? got ya...again more great info

Guess this weekend will be fun to watch.

Lol... I don't know whats funnier.... This post or the fact he believes this crap.

Please list the "ton" of gms that take hosmer over prince... The only reason to do so is to save money...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every poster here is better off if they understand that

A) Bums is a Tigers hater that will never post anything that is not blatant trolling against the Tigers or its fans.

B) If he actually believes the BS he posts... he should be committed to a rubber room.

If you view his posts after knowing these two facts... You can laugh about them and enjoy the laugh with the rest of us that are on this thread.

Moose... I will say this... I think we got off on the wrong foot... As you can see.. I have had this freak following me around the internet.. which has caused me to dislike the Royals in a serious way... But you seem to be an alright cat... Take a look at this guys posts and put yourself in my shoes... and hopefully we can have some legit convos moving forward.

To be honest... I see the Royals as a team with potential... if they had the ability to spend like the White Sox I would believe they could make something happen.. but basically the way they are run now... they just hit a wall because they are not able to develop position talent and pitching talent fast enough to form an entire playoff caliber team.. and without help from trades or free agency... I don't see that changing. The sad fact is that small market teams with success like the Ray's and A's don't care about fans reactions to trading guys to bolster the farm for a few years down the road... and the Royals seem to care a little to much about meaningless wins. If you are not winning enough to get into the playoffs.. its meaningless.

The Rays have been able to be successful by trading guys when they hit the expensive point... like they did with Shields, getting young talent back to help an already loaded young talent pool... The A's trade guys away all the time to get back multiple pieces in return... that is the only way a small team can compete... You can't assume that you can win with just home grown draft picks and signings... The Royals went the ass backwards way with Shields... That is the type of move you make when you are a contender already and don't need prospects... the right move for the Royals would be and still is to trade guys like Shields and Butler for a nice package of talent that can fill holes in the rotation... You don't pay millions of dollars for a dh when you are a small market team... that is what contenders do... not teams with 3 weak options at the back end of the rotation...

All in all... the Royals being a consistent winner depends on them getting a new GM and probably owner. Teams in small markets can have a complete 5 man rotation that is not patched with crappy guys... you just have to know how to do it.. and Moore has no clue.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was GM of the Royals.. which would result in a playoff birth by the way... I would have traded Santana away at the deadline.. took the hit from the fans about giving up... and gotten a few legit mlb ready prospects to help next year. I would have traded Butler away for the same... The combo of trading Butler, and Santana could have netted at least one mlb ready young starter and a legit 2nd base or 3rd base. I actually like the Bonofacio trade for them as he is not expensive and can play all over the place.. just don't expect a ton.. he was in Miami.. and I saw him play.. he is not that great... but serviceable if used right.

The biggest thing holding the Royals back right now is starting rotation depth and depth in the hitting lineup. The Royals are filled with sub par hitters that are great defenders.. but all in all.. if you can't score more than 2 or 3 runs... you better have 5 great starters... cause you ain't winning enough without them.

Shields never should have been traded for... if anything.. they should have traded Butler for a quality young back end starter... and kept Wil Myers... Moustakas should be shopped for a young starter if possible as well.. before he has no value... I would even shop Gordon at this point for a starter... OFers are a dime a dozen and the Royals have Maxwell, Cain, Lough, and a handful of others to replace him... Get depth in the rotation or suffer the same fate.. plain and simple...

DH spot in KC should be rotated out for guys to have a rest from the field.. Butler should be traded for a position player or starter... flat out.. he is a waste of money for a team with so many holes.

If you guys want to write to David Glass and tell him that you found the solution to the Royals playoff woes... You may.. just give him my email.. [email protected]... tell him I can make the team a winner... i will only need a salary of 5 mil a yr to do it too.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals should trade:
Gordon
Butler
Moustakas
Shields

Royals should build around:
Hosmer
Lough
Cain
escobar
bonofacio
the young talent they have currently and the young prospects they could get

Flat out.. Butler, Shields, Moustakas, Gordon are not winning you anything... and could fill the holes in the rotation.. with young cheap talent that is either mlb proven or mlb ready. That my friends is how you turn a 28 yr playoff draught into a winner.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonifacio used to intrigue me. But now I just look at him as a shitty reserve, who happens to be fast. I'd keep Gordon, he's a solid all around player. And he's a Great Plains guy. Went to Nebraska... Big draw that guy.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-Trollish reasons why the Tigers are ahead of the Royals

1) Back end of the Tigers rotation (3-5) is SUBSTANTIALLY better than KC's backend of the rotation. Guthrie's ERA is deflated due to the home park, luck, and possibly defense.

Davis War -2.3

Yeah, I think the back end of Detroit's rotation is a lot better.

2) Detroit's offense is simply better, okay, ALOT better, and it is so deep 1-9 that it isn't really the greatest idea to pitch around anyone, but wait, they have Miggy so you have to bite the bullet on that quite a bit. I am pretty sure Detroit fans have a decent idea of what Fielder's numbers are when Miggy is walked... it is pretty damn good.

3) Infante is 10000x better ( okay exaggerated, but you get the idea) than the scrub crew KC has put out at 2nd... okay, and a roider bum.

4) Hunter in RF> KC's meh crew in RF

5) Cain being a constant injury risks damns any possible argument that he is better than Jackson.

6) Gordon is not hitting what he was expected to hit, ditto for Butler.

7) Lack of homeruns: Okay, I get that the K suppresses Homeruns, but this is getting pretty obnoxious when the Twins look like the Bronx Bombers for most of the year in comparison.

8) Det fixed their bullpen (still not as good as KC's, but not horrible like it was beforehand)

9) Hosmer sucked for April through May, Ditto for Moose.

10) Perez has disappointed from the offensive side of things... again, wanted more HR's (where the fuck is the power we saw beforehand with the team)

Those are the things that come up just off the top of my head.

Before i read this whole post....the first reason is crazy....detroits 3-5? Detroits 1-2 pitchers this year are max and sanchez, and both are in cy young talks....kc's top 2 are sheilds and santana......advantage detroit......then detroits 3-5 of JV, fister, and porcello is better than anything the royals have left.....

Now ill finish reading the rest.....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before i read this whole post....the first reason is crazy....detroits 3-5? Detroits 1-2 pitchers this year are max and sanchez, and both are in cy young talks....kc's top 2 are sheilds and santana......advantage detroit......then detroits 3-5 of JV, fister, and porcello is better than anything the royals have left.....

Now ill finish reading the rest.....

I'll give you that as well, I just point to the ineptitude of the Royals backend of the rotation in comparison to the Tigers as a big reason as well.

edit:Probably didn't add the 1-2 advantage for Detroit as it wasn't nearly as big as the gulf between the 3-5 starters for KC compared to Detroit... Davis is sooo bad.

Last edited by a moderator: