• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-Trollish reasons why the Tigers are ahead of the Royals

1) Back end of the Tigers rotation (3-5) is SUBSTANTIALLY better than KC's backend of the rotation. Guthrie's ERA is deflated due to the home park, luck, and possibly defense.

Davis War -2.3

Yeah, I think the back end of Detroit's rotation is a lot better.

2) Detroit's offense is simply better, okay, ALOT better, and it is so deep 1-9 that it isn't really the greatest idea to pitch around anyone, but wait, they have Miggy so you have to bite the bullet on that quite a bit. I am pretty sure Detroit fans have a decent idea of what Fielder's numbers are when Miggy is walked... it is pretty damn good.

3) Infante is 10000x better ( okay exaggerated, but you get the idea) than the scrub crew KC has put out at 2nd... okay, and a roider bum.

4) Hunter in RF> KC's meh crew in RF

5) Cain being a constant injury risks damns any possible argument that he is better than Jackson.

6) Gordon is not hitting what he was expected to hit, ditto for Butler.

7) Lack of homeruns: Okay, I get that the K suppresses Homeruns, but this is getting pretty obnoxious when the Twins look like the Bronx Bombers for most of the year in comparison.

8) Det fixed their bullpen (still not as good as KC's, but not horrible like it was beforehand)

9) Hosmer sucked for April through May, Ditto for Moose.

10) Perez has disappointed from the offensive side of things... again, wanted more HR's (where the fuck is the power we saw beforehand with the team)

Those are the things that come up just off the top of my head.

The rest was spot on....but max and sanchez are detroits 1-2 this year.....leyland is faithful to his players, so it will be interesting to see who would pitch a game 7. Max or do you go with the better career guy in JV....i say max earned the right to be the man this year....a good problem to have.

Kc bullpen, lf and catcher are better than detroits.....hosmer may be great in the future, but id take prince this year....butler and vmart are pretty much a wash imo....both without a position, lack of speed......but i like vmarts clutch he has shown since becoming a tiger...he just had to get his legs back after being away for a year.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a stat I wasn't aware of, but is rather telling. I assumed Miggy driving in runs like nobody's bidness left him with less run producing opportunities this year. I'm still good with what were getting out of him. It'd be hard for me to complain about Fielder.

Its better than having aubrey huff or the mayor, sean casey, or tony clark, or carlos pena......yeah, im quite happy with prince......im not paying his contract...im just glad our owner spends money back on the team.

Speaking of raburn.....any royals fans remember the game i think it was 3 yrs ago.....raturd had 3 errors at 3B....the last one giving the royals the lead in the 10th inning, and ended up being the game winner....i was at that game...the boo's were so loud that day...i thought someone was going to rush the field and hurt the turd.....i have no idea how he played another 2 years in detroit. The guy was known for hitting a solo shot in a 7-1 loss so leyland would find a spot to play him for another week. He seemed to always kill the w sox tho.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its better than having aubrey huff or the mayor, sean casey, or tony clark, or carlos pena......yeah, im quite happy with prince......im not paying his contract...im just glad our owner spends money back on the team.

Speaking of raburn.....any royals fans remember the game i think it was 3 yrs ago.....raturd had 3 errors at 3B....the last one giving the royals the lead in the 10th inning, and ended up being the game winner....i was at that game...the boo's were so loud that day...i thought someone was going to rush the field and hurt the turd.....i have no idea how he played another 2 years in detroit. The guy was known for hitting a solo shot in a 7-1 loss so leyland would find a spot to play him for another week. He seemed to always kill the w sox tho.

That game was pretty funny for me...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is...Tigers fans do throw out crap statistics and beliefs...every day. They want to believe they have one of the greatest teams we have ever seen but still no championships.

I for one, have never stated or implied that this Tiger team or last year's is "one of the greatest teams ever". I have stated that they are one of the best teams in the AL and (along with a handful of other teams) capable of going all the way. Nothing more.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonifacio used to intrigue me. But now I just look at him as a shitty reserve, who happens to be fast. I'd keep Gordon, he's a solid all around player. And he's a Great Plains guy. Went to Nebraska... Big draw that guy.

Correct... he is a solid all around player.. but he would at least bring back a young 4 or 5 caliber starter in a trade... and that is more important.. The Royals have enough outfielders at this point that can play defense and hit .260.... they need depth at starter... that is why you trade him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, have never stated or implied that this Tiger team or last year's is "one of the greatest teams ever". I have stated that they are one of the best teams in the AL and (along with a handful of other teams) capable of going all the way. Nothing more.

Howie.. the best part of his post is he is talking like this year is over... If the Tigers do win it all this year.. his rants about us will look even stupider. That being said.. nobody said this years or last year tigers team is one of the greatest ever... he is trolling... that is all.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder, still looking for more AL Central people to join my NFL pick 'em league on yahoo.

So far I think we got Vice, bums, dougie, Capt, smitty and hockey I think, not sure if he joined yet or not.

Send me an email address if you want in.

Twins in '15

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other favorite fact about his rants.. he speaks of no championships.. but the Tigers have 6... he acts like the ones before 1969 when the royals joined the league don't count. LOL He will always turn his facts around to make the Tigers look bad.. or the Royals look better... it is what it is... If one person can honestly say I am not hitting the Royals situation on the head of the nail.. I will be open to hearing why I am wrong.. but bums entire argument about the Tigers is pointless trolling.. until the Tigers are eliminated this year.. they are one of the better teams out there... and until proven otherwise.. the Tigers have a better record this year than the Royals... That is all that matters... he can poo poo Prince, Torii, and Verlander all he wants.. it won't change the standings.. and it won't change the fact that even he thinks the Tigers are good.. as proven by his bet with me that the Royals making it to the playoffs is equal to the Tigers winning the WS... lol.. I can't wait to collect on that bet..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is...Tigers fans do throw out crap statistics and beliefs...every day. They want to believe they have one of the greatest teams we have ever seen but still no championships. If the Tigers were really that great, then why can't they win?....Miggy is having one of the greatest runs we have seen since Pujols, no doubt, but that doesn't make it a great team...just ask Dale Murphy, Carl Yaz, Jim Rice, Vlad, etc...all who also didn't win it.

JV is not having a good year and for Tigers fans to not call JV their number 1? again with the crap infomation...everyone knew going into the year JV was Detroit's number 1, now your bailing on the guy for a bad year, just means they jump ship quickly if needed and yes Shields and Santana are both pitching better than him this season and yes Santana 2008 was also better than JV's...JV's career is still currently better than both but all not finished...I think the Tigers true ace this year is Sanchez, he is having maybe his career year and everyone knows Max is...even history of baseball knows it.

Fister has been injury prone and inconsistant...a number 1 for a few weeks...a number 4 for a few weeks and DL for a few weeks.

Fielder is having a "down" year? but he only had 30 hrs last year...same pace. There are a ton of GMs who would take Hosmer over Fielder every day of the week.

Porcello...Tigers fans saying he will win 250 games in his career? got ya...again more great info

Guess this weekend will be fun to watch.

Dale murphy? He was good, but he was no miguel cabrera...

Fister is injury prone? He has 28 starts this year......has more games started the last 4 years than santana.....thats when fister became a full time starting pitcher...not just cherry picking stts like you....i guess getting hit by a line drive will make you miss a start eh? He was solid for us down the stretch the year we got him....has been solid this year....so injured all the time is funny....

Tigers fans are saying porcello will win 250 games....i seen vice say it.....who else.......seems like youre obsessed with vice man....but please tell me who else said that.....prolly a cbs member eh? If i got a problem with something you say....i dont say royals fans.....i would NEVER put you and moose in the same category.....see how moose talks to people normal? Where as everytime you come in, its either to bother vice or say some stupid anti tiger shit.....getting old and tiresome......so go ahead and keep cherry picking your stats.....even the classy tiger fans like howie see how much of a fraud you are.....some posters just dont want to speak up and have you ramble on for 20 pages....but hey....maybe you guys can get 2nd place.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleaves... post your email for nosfer or send it to me so that you can join us in the pick em league

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get enough of how people poo poo Verlander's season.. yet he would still be better than 85% of starters in the league stat wise... Did people think he was going to be a CY caliber pitcher every year? Name a pitcher that never had a down year... every elite pitcher had one... and if 3.55 era is his bad year.. lol

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the media not poo pooing Cain.. or Hamels... or Josh Johnson... or CC? They are having worse seasons.. and were supposed to be aces... what about king felix lately?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is...Tigers fans do throw out crap statistics and beliefs...every day. They want to believe they have one of the greatest teams we have ever seen but still no championships. If the Tigers were really that great, then why can't they win?....Miggy is having one of the greatest runs we have seen since Pujols, no doubt, but that doesn't make it a great team...just ask Dale Murphy, Carl Yaz, Jim Rice, Vlad, etc...all who also didn't win it.

JV is not having a good year and for Tigers fans to not call JV their number 1? again with the crap infomation...everyone knew going into the year JV was Detroit's number 1, now your bailing on the guy for a bad year, just means they jump ship quickly if needed and yes Shields and Santana are both pitching better than him this season and yes Santana 2008 was also better than JV's...JV's career is still currently better than both but all not finished...I think the Tigers true ace this year is Sanchez, he is having maybe his career year and everyone knows Max is...even history of baseball knows it.

Fister has been injury prone and inconsistant...a number 1 for a few weeks...a number 4 for a few weeks and DL for a few weeks.

Fielder is having a "down" year? but he only had 30 hrs last year...same pace. There are a ton of GMs who would take Hosmer over Fielder every day of the week.

Porcello...Tigers fans saying he will win 250 games in his career? got ya...again more great info

Guess this weekend will be fun to watch.

Not bailing on JV.....max is 20-1.....he is our ace THIS YEAR......i could care less what they are called tho......from 1-5 we are way better....thats why we are 10 games up...you wish you had JV on the royals....funny its called jumping ship because you dont think a guy is an ace for the year....jumping ship is when your team sucks and then you say "im a dodgers fan".......but yet live in an al central smack talk room.....do you sleep? Work? Gf? Wife? Bf? Anything? You just seem obsessed with arguing with vice.....you searched for him....you private messaged me about him....you come in here and argue with him. Just sort of creepy.....but hey....what do i know.....im just the guy who got pm'd by a stranger....5 times!!!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Porcello pitches til he is 40.. which could happen being he is not a power pitcher... he has 16 years to get 190 wins... or about 12 wins per year... Sorry.. but its quite possible he gets to 250... and if he ever breaks out and has a few legit seasons.. it becomes even more likely.. but he could sit around and be a middle rotation guy for the next 16 years or move to the NL and easily make this happen... If Guthrie can pitch into his late 30's with sub par stuff.. Porcello surely can.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were last in the playoffs and STILL managed to win a WS...again with the great info...Tigers, what, walked into the playoffs, then walked out?

Just point out that the cardinals werent a "great" team........i been saying all year the playoffs is a crap shoot.....whoever gets hot at the right time....any mlb baseball team is capable of winning a 5 or 7 game series.....

You have never heard me say the tigers were the greatest team.....please show me if i have said that.....there is no favorites for the WS.....just make the playoffs and hope you play good for a couple of weeks......at least the tigers have a shot, unlike kc....but hey.....theres always next year.....now troll on.....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bailing on JV.....max is 20-1.....he is our ace THIS YEAR......i could care less what they are called tho......from 1-5 we are way better....thats why we are 10 games up...you wish you had JV on the royals....funny its called jumping ship because you dont think a guy is an ace for the year....jumping ship is when your team sucks and then you say "im a dodgers fan".......but yet live in an al central smack talk room.....do you sleep? Work? Gf? Wife? Bf? Anything? You just seem obsessed with arguing with vice.....you searched for him....you private messaged me about him....you come in here and argue with him. Just sort of creepy.....but hey....what do i know.....im just the guy who got pm'd by a stranger....5 times!!!

Just because Max is having a good season this year doesn't mean anything in terms of Verlander... look at the Phillies rotation a few years ago with Lee, Hamels, and Holladay... they were 1a 1b and 1c... I like having a bunch of top of the rotation guys on the team as apposed to a bunch of back of the rotation guys...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to stick with the Tigers thread, much easier for them to buy the information produced...remember to vote early for Porcello's HOF ballet, he could be a 1st ballet HOFer with that many wins...lol

Yup show me where i said porcello would win 250.......or make a HOF.....

Oh but you wont, because you cant......you just spout off...i said porcello is a great 5. With a ceiling for a 3-4 in the AL....maybe a 2-4 in the NL......how is that HOF caliber? But please show where i claimed porcello was so great.....

Ill be waiting.....

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers fans are saying porcello will win 250 games....i seen vice say it.....who
else.......seems like youre obsessed with vice man....

I believe all Vice said (today and in previous posts) is that Porcello, with 59 career wins, is FAR ahead of most 24-year olds in the majors, thus 250 wins is at least possible, if not probable. Most pitchers are just becoming major-league ready at age 24. Given that, plus the fact that most pitchers start to peak at age 27, it's not completely far-fetched that he wins 250.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you that as well, I just point to the ineptitude of the Royals backend of the rotation in comparison to the Tigers as a big reason as well.

edit:Probably didn't add the 1-2 advantage for Detroit as it wasn't nearly as big as the gulf between the 3-5 starters for KC compared to Detroit... Davis is sooo bad.

I see your point....but that doesnt mean kc is shitty when it comes to starters....detroit can be argued as one of the best rotations in baseball...

Its just trolls like bum who just make up cherry picked stats, and claim tigers fans say this and that when it is just vice...the guy is obsessed with vice.....thats like me saying ALL royals fans are asses because of one dumb ass.