• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point....but that doesnt mean kc is shitty when it comes to starters....detroit can be argued as one of the best rotations in baseball...

Its just trolls like bum who just make up cherry picked stats, and claim tigers fans say this and that when it is just vice...the guy is obsessed with vice.....thats like me saying ALL royals fans are asses because of one dumb ass.

Speaking of that Tigers rotation, its combined war 1-5 is ....... 19.8

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was pretty funny for me...

Those games were always funny for detroits opponents. Thats why its great cleveland signed him to a 2 yr contract......now whoever runs the injuns is a joke......a long list of bums go there......they got suckered into nick swisher. Now that was funny.....ALL HAIL UBALDO!!!!!!

Its like my hatred for the injuns have left....bums really makes you hate a team....i wonder if he posts this much for his "favorite" team the dodgers.....thats alot of posts if so.....couldnt imagine he would post more for his "second favorite" team......

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Morris' first full season in the bigs was at age 24. He won 17 games that season, and with his cup-o-coffee starts in '77 and '78, he had 21 career wins by the end of 1979. Morris won 254 games with a 3.90 career ERA. If Porcello remains as durable as he has been, and plays for some decent teams, he can win 250, IMO.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, have never stated or implied that this Tiger team or last year's is "one of the greatest teams ever". I have stated that they are one of the best teams in the AL and (along with a handful of other teams) capable of going all the way. Nothing more.

Yeah thats what most tiger fans say....i see a few tiger morons still on cbs.....all they do is argue with other trolls...maybe they said it...

Outside of dougie on here, i dont recall anyone saying detroit is the greatest.....but bums does like to put words in peoples mouth....i guess i said porcello was going to win 250 and make the HOF:noidea:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other favorite fact about his rants.. he speaks of no championships.. but the Tigers have 6... he acts like the ones before 1969 when the royals joined the league don't count. LOL He will always turn his facts around to make the Tigers look bad.. or the Royals look better... it is what it is... If one person can honestly say I am not hitting the Royals situation on the head of the nail.. I will be open to hearing why I am wrong.. but bums entire argument about the Tigers is pointless trolling.. until the Tigers are eliminated this year.. they are one of the better teams out there... and until proven otherwise.. the Tigers have a better record this year than the Royals... That is all that matters... he can poo poo Prince, Torii, and Verlander all he wants.. it won't change the standings.. and it won't change the fact that even he thinks the Tigers are good.. as proven by his bet with me that the Royals making it to the playoffs is equal to the Tigers winning the WS... lol.. I can't wait to collect on that bet..

Because its the tigers fault that the royals didnt play in kc til 69......so the tigers past doesnt count? :noidea:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians not only over paid for swisher.. but they lost a draft pick for him also... double wammy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually would laugh pretty hard if the Tigers offered a qualifing offer to peralta and some team signed him away.. and the Tigers got a free draft pick... I could see it happening... as the free agent market is weak this year and Peralta should get at least a 14-21 mil offer on a 2 or 3 yr deal... A team like the Yanks could sign him up.. or any team looking for 3rd base help.

I think Infante will be back with the tigers next year or they will at least get a pick cause they certainly will not just let him walk... Benoit will most likely be back next year also... hopefully a reasonable deal can be worked out.. but putting comp pick on him is probable as well.. though I doubt they will. Tigers could really be in for a good year to restock the young talent if they can get a comp pick out of one of their free agents and trade Max at top value for some teams top 2 or 3 prospects.

I can't wait to watch the playoffs.. but its almost as much fun watching Dombrowski work his magic.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Fact of the day... Tigers have an open spot on the 40 man and could activate Peralta... and just not carry him on the playoff roster... just to hold on to his rights and get a draft pick from him... They are not going to use the roster spot on the 40 man for anything else.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct... he is a solid all around player.. but he would at least bring back a young 4 or 5 caliber starter in a trade... and that is more important.. The Royals have enough outfielders at this point that can play defense and hit .260.... they need depth at starter... that is why you trade him.

I wouldn't deal him for a four or five. Not a chance. I think you might be undervaluing Gordon a bit. Not just as a player(corner outfield spots are not what Id consider cornerstone positions for sure) but as a seat filler. KC has turned it's roster over enough in the past. You have to give fans a reliable player to root for. And IMO Gordon fits the bill there.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't deal him for a four or five. Not a chance. I think you might be undervaluing Gordon a bit. Not just as a player(corner outfield spots are not what Id consider cornerstone positions for sure) but as a seat filler. KC has turned it's roster over enough in the past. You have to give fans a reliable player to root for. And IMO Gordon fits the bill there.

I agree.. and when I say a 4th or 5th starter.. I refer to a young mlb ready prospect that would be ready to be a back end starter right away and have potential to get better... The Royals have Hosmer to market to fill seats... they don't need Gordon for anything... If I was GM there.. he would be gone for the first decent under 25 prospect that could step into the rotation I could get... i would be on the phone with the Rangers or Mets in like the first 15 minutes in the office... I would have Gordon, Fat Billy BBQ and Shields gone faster than you could say Texas BBBQ is better... If they moved those three and got 2 or 3 legit back end starters that are young and could grow into more... they could actually scare people.. but until they have more than 1 or 2 decent starters.. they are not making the playoffs. Period. Their rotation depth relies on Duffy to pan out and two other prospects to be something... and lets be honest here.. all you have to do is look at their bullpen so see how many failed starter prospects they have had in the last few years.

Duffy is a nice piece if you have depth and he can be your 4 or 5... and crossing your fingers on two guys that never pitched in the bigs is not the way to build playoff teams.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually would laugh pretty hard if the Tigers offered a qualifing offer to peralta and some team signed him away.. and the Tigers got a free draft pick... I could see it happening... as the free agent market is weak this year and Peralta should get at least a 14-21 mil offer on a 2 or 3 yr deal... A team like the Yanks could sign him up.. or any team looking for 3rd base help.

I think Infante will be back with the tigers next year or they will at least get a pick cause they certainly will not just let him walk... Benoit will most likely be back next year also... hopefully a reasonable deal can be worked out.. but putting comp pick on him is probable as well.. though I doubt they will. Tigers could really be in for a good year to restock the young talent if they can get a comp pick out of one of their free agents and trade Max at top value for some teams top 2 or 3 prospects.

I can't wait to watch the playoffs.. but its almost as much fun watching Dombrowski work his magic.

Hope they keep infante......hes solid and a very great upgrade from raturd. ......just think.....once tori and vmarts contracts are up, the tigers will have more money to spend once again. Would like to see them trade max next year and try and pull another granderson deal.......max and ajax for edwin jackson and grandy.....not too shabby looking back.....right up there behind maybin and miller for miggy and dontrelle.....or furbush, wells, and the kid we got back for fister......sanchez and omar for turner....avisail for iggy.....had some great moves lately.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's combined place in the AL Central standings is first, half game back if the Sauwks for best in the entire AL. I have no idea where 19.8 ranks though.

Took me a min to figure out who the sauwks were....had to say it a few times to myself....finally out loud i said it......ohhhhhhhh:doh:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they keep infante......hes solid and a very great upgrade from raturd. ......just think.....once tori and vmarts contracts are up, the tigers will have more money to spend once again. Would like to see them trade max next year and try and pull another granderson deal.......max and ajax for edwin jackson and grandy.....not too shabby looking back.....right up there behind maybin and miller for miggy and dontrelle.....or furbush, wells, and the kid we got back for fister......sanchez and omar for turner....avisail for iggy.....had some great moves lately.....

Sanchez Infante deal worked out for both teams... Turner looks like a legit starter with great potential.. Brantley could be the catcher of the future there.. and the third and forgotten piece Brian Flynn is getting his first MLB start tomorrow... he was great in AAA for miami... if Flynn pans out.. it really could swing that trade.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.. and when I say a 4th or 5th starter.. I refer to a young mlb ready prospect that would be ready to be a back end starter right away and have potential to get better... The Royals have Hosmer to market to fill seats... they don't need Gordon for anything... If I was GM there.. he would be gone for the first decent under 25 prospect that could step into the rotation I could get... i would be on the phone with the Rangers or Mets in like the first 15 minutes in the office... I would have Gordon, Fat Billy BBQ and Shields gone faster than you could say Texas BBBQ is better... If they moved those three and got 2 or 3 legit back end starters that are young and could grow into more... they could actually scare people.. but until they have more than 1 or 2 decent starters.. they are not making the playoffs. Period. Their rotation depth relies on Duffy to pan out and two other prospects to be something... and lets be honest here.. all you have to do is look at their bullpen so see how many failed starter prospects they have had in the last few years.

Duffy is a nice piece if you have depth and he can be your 4 or 5... and crossing your fingers on two guys that never pitched in the bigs is not the way to build playoff teams.
Shields I agree with. But I'm not budging on feeling that you're undervaluing what Gordon is to the Royals. (Regardless of Hosmer) Plus, I'd honestly say he's top 20 in offensive outfielders. And probably slightly higher than that in the field.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder, still looking for more AL Central people to join my NFL pick 'em league on yahoo.

So far I think we got Vice, bums, dougie, Capt, smitty and hockey I think, not sure if he joined yet or not.

Send me an email address if you want in.

Twins in '15

the invite is still not showing up idk wtf is going on.

beefsticktwink42, idk if you accidentally typed something wrong or if its just fucked up.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the guy that said that Iglesias batting average is empty still around?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the love of god guys. Gone less than 24 hours and i missed over 20 pages.