• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comparing their career stats is just silly.

Fielder: .285/.389/.527, 141 OPS+
Butler: .298/.364/.462, 123 OPS+

Butler's also grounded into 22 more double plays despite having 1403 fewer plate appearances.

Fielder is having a pretty subpar year though.

His average has dropped significantly. So have his home runs. But he drives in runs with the best in baseball. Despite the man ahead of him in the order driving in more than anyone. Plus he's about to protect his third straight MVP teammate immediately in front of him in the order. That may not count to some people, but to me, Fielder remains a huge part of the Tigers success. (If he weren't such a consistent hitter, Cabrera would never see strikes. Major damage is done after Miggy walks.)

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is better than your LF'er

Cain has a better glove than AJAX

Unless you REALLY like Castellanos, then whatever I suppose, but that is asking a lot.

Hosmer vs Fielder is a wash

Butler > Vmart this year

Santana> Porcello

Shields> Verlander and Fister

Holland> Tigers BP

Crow> Veras

Herrera> Rondon

Collins> Coke

Smith> Bonderman

Perez > Avila and Pena

I don't even know where to start...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Cleaves....he just thinks calling "someone" out on his facts wasn't fair...he thought I was picking on him....but just stating facts and proving his statement false is just too darn easy and fun.

You got the "picking" part right.....just cherry picking stats...

Just found it odd and creepy when you started private messaging me asking me about vice bums......i dont like strangers pm'ing me.....not once....not twice.....you did it like 4-5 times.....

You are a troll obsessed with arguing and bothering vice......vice had been here....you came in late....remember?......OH SO THIS IS WHERE YOU BEEN HIDING.......you were looking for vice....now you turned this thread into a child care.....you have waaaaaay too much time.

But keep patting yourself on your back....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
close...whoevers team does the following Tigers wins WS or Royals make the playoffs....whoevers team does that first...the other buys 2 tickets to A WORLD SERIES GAME the following year...

that I am more than down with..

I notice the tigers have to win a WS? But yet the royals JUST have to make the playoffs? Wow, way to make a fair bet....but i guess thats the way it would be if kc made the playoffs, like a WS win....

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His average has dropped significantly. So have his home runs. But he drives in runs with the best in baseball. Despite the man ahead of him in the order driving in more than anyone. Plus he's about to protect his third straight MVP teammate immediately in front of him in the order. That may not count to some people, but to me, Fielder remains a huge part of the Tigers success. (If he weren't such a consistent hitter, Cabrera would never see strikes. Major damage is done after Miggy walks.)

In all fairness, a lot of it this year is likely attributed to Fielder having the most runners on base of any MLB player this year (466, with the next closest being Brandon Phillips at 435). He hasn't hit that well with runners on and RISP in 2013, unlike the past 2 seasons where he hit very well in those situations.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has a good eye too.....takes alot of walks.....plays 1B everyday.....goes 110 percent. I have no issues with prince. I knew his HR totals would go down playing in comerica....right center is deeeeeeep

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know where to start...

Please stan......youre good with stats......would like to hear your input.....especially a fan from neither team.....some fans call out tiger fans on here for talking up their team....they are 81-57.....but nobody calls out the kc homer......jess sayin

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why i been avoiding this thread....a bunch of bs....if a tiger fan posted some crap like this......certain twins and injun fans would cry about us talking that detroit is a great team.....if all these players are so great, why is kc so far back?

Why is JV detroits number 1 vs shields.......max better than shields.....sanchez better than santana.....how the hell does duffy equal fister? Really? Fisters been doing this for 2 years now....whats duffy had? 4 starts?

Kc has better lf, catcher and bullpen.....thats it.......THATS WHY THEY ARE SOOOOOOOO FAR BACK OF DETROIT.....

But notice nobody calling out the troll...

Welcome back moose....nice to have a sane kc fan here.

Oh, I definitely was smudging just a tad for my favorite poster in here, I just like seeing him squirm as a moving target. I just couldn't resist this time unlike the past couple of weeks. Also, I have no idea where Duffy = Fister came from, if I typed that, I must have been drunk :lol:.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, a lot of it this year is likely attributed to Fielder having the most runners on base of any MLB player this year (466, with the next closest being Brandon Phillips at 435). He hasn't hit that well with runners on and RISP in 2013, unlike the past 2 seasons where he hit very well in those situations.

Going through a divorce doesnt help either...

Ok took me 2 hrs to catch up from a couple days...would be nice if it was something worthwile.....but i feel dumb and dumberer now....somehow kc is better at alot of positions, but yet trails by 10 games?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I definitely was smudging just a tad for my favorite poster in here, I just like seeing him squirm as a moving target. I just couldn't resist this time unlike the past couple of weeks. Also, I have no idea where Duffy = Fister came from, if I typed that, I must have been drunk :lol:.

Lol i give u a pass moose...you seem decent....bring alot to the thread.

I can tell when certain people just argue giving each other flack....dougie and mr hockey do it alot...have no problem.....just a lil smack talk...

Just getting sick of 40 pages of how great the royals are and the tigers havent won in 29 yrs and billy butler is great and hosmer is a HOF....etc etc......cherry picked stats is the worst.

I used to hate the sox and injuns in the division...but damn....bum makes me glad kc hasnt made the playoffs in awhile....just imagine how he would be if they won....id rather see shane posting all day then bums...at least shane was funny....bums is one of those types who talks about owning or proving someone wrong on an internet thread....so sad....kid needs a real life....leave the cyber world alone for a day or 2. Go meet some REAL people in the REAL world.

Hope this post doesnt get me more private messages asking about vice.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stan......youre good with stats......would like to hear your input.....especially a fan from neither team.....some fans call out tiger fans on here for talking up their team....they are 81-57.....but nobody calls out the kc homer......jess sayin

Oh, it's about as asinine a post as you can get, but I've gotta believe he's joking/purposely exaggerating, given that someone like Bonderman in the comparison.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going through a divorce doesnt help either...

Ok took me 2 hrs to catch up from a couple days...would be nice if it was something worthwile.....but i feel dumb and dumberer now....somehow kc is better at alot of positions, but yet trails by 10 games?

Non-Trollish reasons why the Tigers are ahead of the Royals

1) Back end of the Tigers rotation (3-5) is SUBSTANTIALLY better than KC's backend of the rotation. Guthrie's ERA is deflated due to the home park, luck, and possibly defense.

Davis War -2.3

Yeah, I think the back end of Detroit's rotation is a lot better.

2) Detroit's offense is simply better, okay, ALOT better, and it is so deep 1-9 that it isn't really the greatest idea to pitch around anyone, but wait, they have Miggy so you have to bite the bullet on that quite a bit. I am pretty sure Detroit fans have a decent idea of what Fielder's numbers are when Miggy is walked... it is pretty damn good.

3) Infante is 10000x better ( okay exaggerated, but you get the idea) than the scrub crew KC has put out at 2nd... okay, and a roider bum.

4) Hunter in RF> KC's meh crew in RF

5) Cain being a constant injury risks damns any possible argument that he is better than Jackson.

6) Gordon is not hitting what he was expected to hit, ditto for Butler.

7) Lack of homeruns: Okay, I get that the K suppresses Homeruns, but this is getting pretty obnoxious when the Twins look like the Bronx Bombers for most of the year in comparison.

8) Det fixed their bullpen (still not as good as KC's, but not horrible like it was beforehand)

9) Hosmer sucked for April through May, Ditto for Moose.

10) Perez has disappointed from the offensive side of things... again, wanted more HR's (where the fuck is the power we saw beforehand with the team)

Those are the things that come up just off the top of my head.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, but I was born in the 80's. that second week of April in '81 brought such great things.... Me, and Ryan Raburn. :yahoo:
It is pretty bad when other sites make fun of Ryan Raburn for the "Ryan Raburn cycle."

Then again I shudder to look up how many Rayburn cycles some of the more awful Royals players have had.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a stat I wasn't aware of, but is rather telling. I assumed Miggy driving in runs like nobody's bidness left him with less run producing opportunities this year. I'm still good with what were getting out of him. It'd be hard for me to complain about Fielder.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty bad when other sites make fun of Ryan Raburn for the "Ryan Raburn cycle."

Then again I shudder to look up how many Rayburn cycles some of the more awful Royals players have had.

I could use a look at the clip of him getting a homer in the outfield. (Helping a homer? being a shitty baseball player?) That one never gets old. Neither does knowing Cleveland gave him a two year deal..... Idiots.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could use a look at the clip of him getting a homer in the outfield. (Helping a homer? being a shitty baseball player?) That one never gets old. Neither does knowing Cleveland gave him a two year deal..... Idiots.

You would think Cleveland of all teams should know better too...